Capttrae

So here I am 110 miles offshore standing by waitin on daylight so we can get back to offloading and my fiancé sends me a text asking me which I would rather have for my birthday, a yeti cooler or a puppy. I tried to be reasonable until she sent me the pic of the dog and I just fell in love w/ the puppy. It's an AKC registered black lab!!!! Microchipped, health clearances, dew claws removed. Name is Coal. Few months I'll take him to the trainer who also happens to be friends w/ my duck huntin buddies. Get him schooled up on retrieving in huntin situations. Not too worried about field trials. He's gonna be a duck retrieving, boat, truck, Polaris ridding, woods walking big buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to meet him 6 days ago. Went duck watching (not huntin bc season is out) was seeing lot of birds flying and finally got a chance to see what the bottoms were like flooded, stayed in there for a couple hours until I just couldn't stand it no more. Had to go meet Coal. For the whole time I was home we wernt apart more than 4-5 hours at a time and that's just when it was time for bed and we were at my fiancé's house. When we spent the night at my house he would either sleep on the floor beside the couch where I sleep or he would sleep w/ me on the couch. He loves ridding in the truck and Polaris normally in my lap. He took to water like a duck.

• 1 month later...

Archived