1 Week after my "I'm Moving On" letter and he texts me. WHY???!!!!????

Not to be repetitious, but for background sake: 10 years best friends, 1 year relationship, 1 year breaking up

I did the whole 4 page "I'm moving on" letter (which he repeatedly stated he want me to do). I scrubbed away all the memories and contact info and included in letter that I couldn't contact him if I tried. After all, HE is the one who said... and I quote "Just lose my number".

Yesterday was actually one of the first days where after realizing what a complete a**hole he had been, that I started feeling good. All day good. Then today, one week to the date of sending said letter I get this text a couple of hours ago:

"Thank you for the letter... glad you can move on."

There was absolutely NO NEED for him to text me. For one... that puts your number BACK in my phone that you told me to lose (yes, I deleted text after I got it). WHAT the HELL? For somebody who continually said he wanted me 100% without a doubt OUT and we are over... WHY OH WHY is he doing this? Just pulling the string?

I'm not going to respond. I would rather DIE than give him that power. The one thing I have never done is not answered one of his texts to me.

Please give me strength. I just need to hear I'm doing the right thing here.

Not to be repetitious, but for background sake: 10 years best friends, 1 year relationship, 1 year breaking up

I did the whole 4 page "I'm moving on" letter (which he repeatedly stated he want me to do). I scrubbed away all the memories and contact info and included in letter that I couldn't contact him if I tried. After all, HE is the one who said... and I quote "Just lose my number".

Yesterday was actually one of the first days where after realizing what a complete a**hole he had been, that I started feeling good. All day good. Then today, one week to the date of sending said letter I get this text a couple of hours ago:

"Thank you for the letter... glad you can move on."

There was absolutely NO NEED for him to text me. For one... that puts your number BACK in my phone that you told me to lose (yes, I deleted text after I got it). WHAT the HELL? For somebody who continually said he wanted me 100% without a doubt OUT and we are over... WHY OH WHY is he doing this? Just pulling the string?

I'm not going to respond. I would rather DIE than give him that power. The one thing I have never done is not answered one of his texts to me.

Please give me strength. I just need to hear I'm doing the right thing here.

BeHeard,

You are doing great! don't ever reply his text at all. He is just trying to make you text him back to make himself feel important, don't fall for it. I just break up 3 weeks ago after a 4 years relationship, and I'm doing the NC too, it's very hard I know. But I want to show him that I am OK even without him. He doesn't deserve for me to even look back.

You and I need to get through this together, I a supporting you here and I am sure others in here are supporting us too. Let's be brave and let them know that it's their lost!!

Thank you all for your support. Honestly, I must have turned a corner because I have had no desire whatsoever to respond. I just see it for what it all is now. That is a GOOD feeling.

Can't change my number, it doubles as my business phone. No worries, however because as I said, weird as it is, I just don't care to even try or revisit anything anymore. I think it is because I started feeling so wonderful without him. I really have been focusing on my work, workouts, and my general well being. My new mantra is "Be better. Work better. Look better."

Back to working on feeling amazing and thanks for the kicks in my ass!

Archived