Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1228

Thread: New Journal

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Spending the day super cleaning the house. I usually hate cleaning. I found a trick that works for me finally. It's all in my head but whatever works!!
    I imagine I'll be like a guest coming into a hotel. What would be awesome to walk into? Kinda fun playing this game. I've even been coming up with themes. Today is "white day". Lol.
    LOL! I always love that line in the book The Help - something like "Friday is wash the darn sheets day" (not darn -the one with the m -is that word bleeped out here?) - said by the maid in the book. Friday is my wash the darn sheets day too. Whatever works!!

Lol.
    There's nothing better though than a freshly made bed.
    We bought my dream bed a few years ago, and I'm still in love.
    I may not be rich but luxuries like good sheets and pillows on my big beautiful bed make me so happy.

Platinum Member
    Lol.
    There's nothing better though than a freshly made bed.
    We bought my dream bed a few years ago, and I'm still in love.
    I may not be rich but luxuries like good sheets and pillows on my big beautiful bed make me so happy.
    I am very into good linens -they don't' have to be ultra expensive at all -I am selective, look for sales and know when high thread count really is just a come on as opposed to the sheets actually being softer. I make my bed daily because I love to have a bed that looks freshly made and inviting at night -helps me get ready for sleep.

I'm so happy how most of my garden recovered.
    I planted 14 varieties of heirloom tomato, and God they are so pretty and tasty!
    Last month deer got over my over 6 foot fence we have around the garden. There are lots of deer this year, and they aren't skinny!! Whoever got in had a real feast, almost all veg that was near ready they ate. Didn't touch the kale though! Lol.
    But it recovered, as they only ate the big ones. Didn't ruin my fence, didn't eat buds, didn't eat little veg. What a guy!

So much beautiful food available now, I love it. Got fresh corn and baby potatos at the market yesterday, and can't wait for supper haha.

Platinum Member
    I planted 14 varieties of heirloom tomato, and God they are so pretty and tasty!
    Last month deer got over my over 6 foot fence we have around the garden. There are lots of deer this year, and they aren't skinny!! Whoever got in had a real feast, almost all veg that was near ready they ate. Didn't touch the kale though! Lol.
    But it recovered, as they only ate the big ones. Didn't ruin my fence, didn't eat buds, didn't eat little veg. What a guy!

So much beautiful food available now, I love it. Got fresh corn and baby potatos at the market yesterday, and can't wait for supper haha.
    Love it!!!!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I love gardens! Food gardens. It is a good thing I get from my dad and his family. They love food gardens.

Read this and smiled. Then went to the backyard and—somewhat miraculously—found a ripe pomegranate on the tree that an animal hadn't found first. Tomatoes, too, were ready for picking. Chopped up some kale, roasted some almonds, crumbled some feta—lunch!

Blue castle, how many fruit trees do you have in your yard?! I remember you mentioning you had kumquats too.
    Things I can only dream to grow here!
    That lunch sounds great!

Blue castle, how many fruit trees do you have in your yard?! I remember you mentioning you had kumquats too.
    Things I can only dream to grow here!
    That lunch sounds great!
    We have two or three lemon trees, a lime tree, the pomegranate tree, the kumquats. A few tomato plants. Lots of loquat trees around the neighborhood, so we have fun with those when they bloom. Found a random guava tree a year ago up the block—planted who knows when, by who knows who, on a public stretch of sidewalk. Neighbors next door have plums and peaches and figs, which we're free to take whenever, as our citrus is free to whoever knows about it and wants to go back and spruce up a salad or cocktail. It is kind of illicit what can grow here—everything, more or less. A friend of mine grows corn in his backyard, along with chard, eccentric peppers, who knows what else. Our attempt at an avocado tree, however, was a bust. Can't win 'em all.

You are very lucky! That's awesome.
    It was only recently that I went somewhere that I could pick lemons, limes, oranges etc. off the trees and I was like a little kid.
    Hopefully in the future I'll get to continue the food tour further away.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice