A question for the ladies about cell phones

cpc28655

Ok, here is an intresting one.

I was reading an article (I believe it was in men's health) about tips in dating, clubbing ect. One of the things it said was, "leave off the cell phone". Basically, the article was saying that women tend to find it unattractive for a guy to carry a cell phone on his side.

Ladies, I have to ask. Is this really true? Do you ladies put so much attention into such an insignifigant detail?

Please keep in mind that the article was NOT talking about making or receiving calls, only about wearing it on the side. Please do not turn this into a thread about using a cell phone.

I'm not a big fan of anyone "wearing" a cell phone -- male or female. To me, it tends to give off the vibe of "I'm SO important that my cell phone MUST be connected to my hip at all times." I do realize, however, that some people have jobs that require them to have their phones at the ready 24/7, and since men don't carry purses, and since their pockets are often full of all their other stuff -- keys, wallets, what have you -- it's harder for them to conceal their phones. As long as the guy wasn't constantly answering it if were were on a date, and as long as he didn't lay it on the table next to his plate in a fancy restaurant (LOL), I wouldn't totally dismiss a guy for wearing his phone.

That being said, those blue-tooth headset thingies have GOT to go. I can understand needing to talk hands-free, but for God's sake, take the dang thing OFF when you're not using it!! Don't wear it around like a goofy piece of jewelry!

One of my exes was a bank teller, and he used to wear his phone on his belt, which I thought was ridiculous, since his job did NOT require him to be available by phone at a moment's notice (or, truthfully, at ANY notice). He was way over-reliant on that phone -- texting people all the time, checking it all the time, etc. Very annoying. Very self-important, IMO. It could just be that I think he's a jerk, though, and it may have nothing to do with his phone.

LOL. Trash it and go for the smaller ones then. A Moto KRZR looks good and is small enough.

LMAO. Even though the krzr's are nice, I much prefer a smartphone. I did have a razr for a few months, it was the most dissappointing phone I have ever owned. And the motorola q's are a joke.

Here i am turning this into a discussion about cell phones. I apologize. But I do love my palm treo. Even though it is slightly larger than a pack of cigarettes.

Ok, here is an intresting one.

I was reading an article (I believe it was in men's health) about tips in dating, clubbing ect. One of the things it said was, "leave off the cell phone". Basically, the article was saying that women tend to find it unattractive for a guy to carry a cell phone on his side.

Ladies, I have to ask. Is this really true? Do you ladies put so much attention into such an insignifigant detail?

Please keep in mind that the article was NOT talking about making or receiving calls, only about wearing it on the side. Please do not turn this into a thread about using a cell phone.

Not me. My b/f has a phone clip and he wears it on his belt, to the side. I don't find it unattractive at all. He's got a Nextel phone and its a little bulky so I assume its more comfortable for him then to carry it in his pocket. But I've never even thought about it.

LOL. Ever seen a Palm Treo? I promise, not comfortable in my pocket.

why did you get this phone? lame, unless you use it for business. there is not point having that huge phone. my phone does everything i want. i can' check email, send texts, call, record video/take pictures, play mp3s, etc. fits perfectly in my pocket. i feel like a *** wearing a phone on my hip. lol. i point it out all the time. chicks i know think it's ridiculous.

that is one thing i think of when i'm up to buy a new one. will this fit in my pocket. i even test it before i buy it. just like the people that go out and leave their earpiece in their ears. lame. even worse with the ones that have the flashing light earpiece. lol

why did you get this phone? lame, unless you use it for business. there is not point having that huge phone. my phone does everything i want. i can' check email, send texts, call, record video/take pictures, play mp3s, etc. fits perfectly in my pocket. i feel like a *** wearing a phone on my hip. lol. i point it out all the time. chicks i know think it's ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, I do use it to place orders with SYSCO (a foodservice vendor, in case you wern't already aware). Other than that, I just like the phone. I also like the real keyboard, makes placing those orders (and text messages alot easier.)

Just for kicks, I posted this reply with the phone.

In other words, I like the phone.

i know what the phone looks like. i almost bought a phone that has a full keypad on it. it was still much smaller and fit in my pocket.

Oh, I misunderstood. Let's just call it "personal preference."

I have seen some of the phones you are referring to. When it comes to pda, IMHO palm makes the best.

Like I said eariler, I had a razr before this one. I was very disappointed with it. Yes it is very small, but it didn't have a memory chip slot (I understand that the new ones do.), battery life sucked, and the camera was substandard.

Oh yea, and treo's are much easier to take apart and repair.

I think it can look kind of dorky, but I think that might be due to age. I'm 19 ... no reason why any guy I date needs to have his blackberry clipped to his side!

Now, older men I think it's fine. My dad has one, he also gets an e-mail every 10 seconds! I don't think I would care much either way if he needed a larger phone and put it on his side.

I think it can look kind of dorky, but I think that might be due to age. I'm 19 ... no reason why any guy I date needs to have his blackberry clipped to his side!

Now, older men I think it's fine. My dad has one, he also gets an e-mail every 10 seconds! I don't think I would care much either way if he needed a larger phone and put it on his side.

there you go cpc.

are you going to be conducting business when you are out trying to pick up on chicks?

Archived