A question for the ladies about cell phones

cpc28655

I think it can look kind of dorky, but I think that might be due to age. I'm 19 ... no reason why any guy I date needs to have his blackberry clipped to his side!

Now, older men I think it's fine. My dad has one, he also gets an e-mail every 10 seconds! I don't think I would care much either way if he needed a larger phone and put it on his side.

Ok, dorky for younger guys, fine for older guys. What is the cut-off point? What is the minimum age one must be before it goes from dorky to fine?

there you go cpc.

are you going to be conducting business when you are out trying to pick up on chicks?

Of course not, but why have 2 phones. Personally, unless it starts making noise, I don't pay any attention them (mine or anyone else's). It is just too silly of a detail to worry about.

Why give any thought to something so indifferent to a person's character.

I think if you are out or on a date with someone, in no way shape or form should you have a cell on your belt....

If you even bring your cell, then keep it in your pocket on silent...

I have heard many girls say that it looks dorky on guys when they wear cells on their belts...

This is a funny thread.

I have to say- I find it pretty dorky when men have cell phones in those leather pouches clipped to their belt. I, like Dako, put it in the same category as a pocket protector.

I mean, during the work day, around the job, I can see why it's necessary. But at a club? Or out to dinner? Unless you are waiting on word about your sick grandma or are expecting to be notifed that you have just won the Nobel Prize-----cheeeesy.

I always have my phone with me, so why shouldn't the guy I'm with get to have his on him too? Whether it's in a pocket or on his belt I don't care.

I just get annoyed when my boyfriend will answer his phone or keep texting people while we are out together. Either that or it will be on vibrate and I can hear the stupid thing go off every couple of minutes whether he answers it or not. It's a little annoying. Sometimes I just wish he would turn it off completely when we are out. I turn mine off or put it on silent when I'm on a date.

Ok, here is an intresting one.

I was reading an article (I believe it was in men's health) about tips in dating, clubbing ect. One of the things it said was, "leave off the cell phone". Basically, the article was saying that women tend to find it unattractive for a guy to carry a cell phone on his side.

Ladies, I have to ask. Is this really true? Do you ladies put so much attention into such an insignifigant detail?

Please keep in mind that the article was NOT talking about making or receiving calls, only about wearing it on the side. Please do not turn this into a thread about using a cell phone.

I don't think wearing it on one's side is rude but it is nice to turn it off. I know that was not the question, but just throwing it out there anyway. I think that article meant to turn the phone off and the wearing it on the side as the article intended means if you are wearing it with it ON.

If it is off, I cannot see why a woman would be turned off just to SEE it there hooked to someone's belt. Even woman have their phones hooked to a belt or their purse. It's no big deal I would think and I am not sure I'd be crazy about a person who could get turned off over such a minor thing. It could potentially say she is going to be a nit picker.

I dont like those belt-clip things... but meh... better than having all that radiation by your testes I suppose...

Lol. Radiation was only a problem with the OLD phones like the brick, or the bag phones. They gave out 3 watts.

The newer phones only put out about 1/2 watt. So, unless you are either a lab rat, or have the phone implanted into your ear, there is no cause for alarm.

I was reading an article (I believe it was in men's health) about tips in dating, clubbing ect. One of the things it said was, "leave off the cell phone". Basically, the article was saying that women tend to find it unattractive for a guy to carry a cell phone on his side.

Ladies, I have to ask. Is this really true? Do you ladies put so much attention into such an insignifigant detail?

Please keep in mind that the article was NOT talking about making or receiving calls, only about wearing it on the side. Please do not turn this into a thread about using a cell phone.

Yes, it is unattractive unless I meet you during working hours by accident or we meet on your brake for lunch or something.

But meeting you on a date and you having that giant phone on your waist....not a nice picture.

It is repairable, but you immediately have 30% lower attractivness in my eyes (so you need to make more effort to get me interested).

I am 26. You're 28. So we're almost the same when it comes to our age.

My associations are:

- you want to brag how important your job is

- you want to show me how you earn a lot of money

- you are somewhat of a geek (non inventive, all by the book guy) and possibly a snob.

- you have no sense for fashion (me being from europe immediately imagine you meeting me for a date with a grey suit, black shoes and white socks, wearing white slip panties that need to be washed at 90 degrees and ironed very carefully and carying a laptop

Now I am shure you are not like that so if you want to avoid that image, buy a small mobile for dates or

you can carry this one too, but not by the belt and when you're on a date it is polite to turn it off (unless the young lady is turning you off lol) and you can leave it in your car (on a place not visible from the outside) - with other words if you're not making the calls or recieving them during the date like you implied, whats the use of having this teleporter on your waist? ;-)

my suggestion Samsung SGH X-820 ( I was always very happy with samsung) link removed

I think that's true. I was told this a while back. It looks nerdy. Cell phone went into pocket.

i think if they filmed Road Warrior in today's age, mel gibson would have a cellphone clipped to the side of his hip. cause he had all his weapons and stuff connected. kind of batmanish.

LMAO!! I never thought of that. Probably would,

Archived