A week ago I met a incredible man who is single and 42 years old.

In my entire life I have never experienced this kind of raw sexual attraction with anyone. I mean from when I entered the door we were at it everywhere, tearing off each others clothes without any feeling of inhibition. He came 6 times in just a few hours something I havnt ever experienced with guys half his age! Does this really exsist?

Either it's me or it's him but either way I think it scared the living daylights out of us. The next day he had to go visit his family for a week and won't be back until the 2nd of Jan. I don't know what to say, I threw my dating morals out the window the moment I met him. I caught him out calculating how many babies I could still have since I am 36! The only thing he has said since he left town was he didnt know what to say and he thought some time would be good.

Another thing which concerns me is that he said his ex girlfriend who he apparently was very much in love with very was similar to me. He seemed reluctant to let me leave but I had to go home.

So what are the odds that I am ever going to see this guy again after the 2nd?

I think your chances are 50/50 if you slept w/ him on the 1st date. Guys still like the chase and being able to wait for a woman before he sleeps w/ her. Even if the chemistry was awesome, you might be giving it up too soon.

On the flip side, if the connection is there on a emotional level, then there is a good possiblity that you will continue to be something more than "bed buddies."

A good indicator that the relationship would continue is that he would be calling you even though he is out of town visiting family. If he doesn't call you the entire time that he is gone, then I would not really hold my breath.

• Like 1

I wouldn't make a blanket statement that if he doesn't call while he is gone, then that is the end of that. People just get busy, and it is only one week. What I will say, however, is that there are screaming red flags:

You have only known him a week and he says you are similiar to his girlfriend. What does that mean? Are you a substitute? Was he having wild sex with you and thinking of his ex-girlfriend? Was this wild sex just something to get out of his system? Why in the world would a man who has just met you be calculating how many babies you can have. Did you have protected sex? If not, is he feeling his biological clock and wants to impregnate someone. This whole situation sounds very bizarre.

Personally, I think the situation has now been set up to be all about sex and I wonder when the lust factor dies down, what will be left. Will you even like each other as people?

• Like 1

The substitute thing I hadnt really thought about. I had to go home and he threw into the conversation that that just may be my style, to use him for the sex and then leave. I stayed for a a while because I didnt want it to look like that. We were both very concerned about the safe sex bit, especially him (which is a nice change). Besides all this I havnt actually met anybody in years I have so much in common with.

Sure I found this odd! Its not something I would expect I guy to be thinking about at all. Maybe some guys think about those things. He seems to be jumping the gun a bit in his mind, I had to laugh about it.

There was something about the situation...I guess we were just really infatuated with each other.

I think your chances are 50/50 if you slept w/ him on the 1st date. Guys still like the chase and being able to wait for a woman before he sleeps w/ her. Even if the chemistry was awesome, you might be giving it up too soon.

Just because you sleep with someone on the first date does not mean there's only a 50% chance of him calling you again. Sometimes, things happen, sparks fly. It's not trashy to give it up on the first date. It's not like she's 16 or something. Both are at the age where sex is inevitable. It's gonna happen eventually if the chemistry is right. And yes, while guys do like the chase it's not necessarily a deal breaker to sleep with him the first time.

Thank you Jen, especially for pointing out we are not spring chickens LOL

I am sure both of us have been here before and learned hard lessons.

lol, i totally did not mean that in an offensive way which i think you know...but anyways, i was thinking about my own experiences of sleeping w/ someone on the first date and how in most cases, it didn't "ruin" the chance of a relationship! I guess I just feel like people are indirectly calling me easy when they make comments like "guys dont take you seriously when you give it up on the first date". Meh, I'm rambling. I take things too personally

No, I completely agree with you. There may be a few guys out there who think that any girl who gives it up on the first date is not gf-material. But from my experience, they are rare. It's all about the way you feel about yourself and how you project that.

Age has nothing to do with it. There are lots of guys who might not TELL you they think it is sleazy to have sex on the first date, and will in fact continue to see the person....but that doesn't mean that deep down they are not thinking that if you put out that quickly for them, how many others have you put out so quickly for. Not that I think the man has a right to judge when he is engaging in the same activity, I am just saying that if you look on the boards here, the double standard is still very much alive and well.

You didnt offend me Jen, I know what you meant;-) Good luck with the move!

Ironicaly my last one night 'fling' ended up as a 6 year relationship.

P.S. Crazyaboutdogs would do it again if the situation arose. He was gorgeous, incredibly sexy and I had the night of my life! May I also take this opportunity to apologize to all the other 50 guys I have slept with, this one beats you all by miles.

....but that doesn't mean that deep down they are not thinking that if you put out that quickly for them, how many others have you put out so quickly for. .

I can understand this, and yeah I have thought the same thing on occasion. "Geez, if he's not even going to try to take this slow, is he going to wind up hurting me?" I can definitely see where you're coming frorm saying that.

Here you are trying to play it by the book and he just happens to be reading the book from the back. Its not just about taking things slow its about being on the same page.

What is the chance he is probably reading these posts and thinking the absolute same thing as us, I wonder....