Best introduction lines?

pedroisgod45

LostInMyThoughts,

I think the question you really need to ask next is how to go from someone who is not confident and is insecure and become someone who is comfortable with themself, confident and secure. If you no longer need someone else's attenttion to make you feel worthwhile, that's great. If you have had no success, how do you get confidence. By learning a bit and using some gimmicks to get you out there and working on it. Once you get a bit of success, you will have a little confidence. So, if busting light-hearted jokes gets you success, then why not bust away? After a while, you'll develop your own style and have confidence, and you won't be desperate.

LostInMyThoughts,

I think the question you really need to ask next is how to go from someone who is not confident and is insecure and become someone who is comfortable with themself, confident and secure. If you no longer need someone else's attenttion to make you feel worthwhile, that's great. If you have had no success, how do you get confidence. By learning a bit and using some gimmicks to get you out there and working on it. Once you get a bit of success, you will have a little confidence. So, if busting light-hearted jokes gets you success, then why not bust away? After a while, you'll develop your own style and have confidence, and you won't be desperate.

I think the best way to go from being unconfident and insecure is to work on what it is you are insecure about. Often in our minds we make things out to be way worse than they are.

I do have things that I am insecure about, I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but I know that to get over them, I have to look to myself and not others. When I get down on myself, I pull out the list of things that make me great (its a long list).

I don't think looking at how well you do with women is a good measurement for how good a person you are. Because with meeting women, you are going to have to step up to bat a lot. And when you step up to bat you're gonna strike out a lot. And if you base your self-worth on how well you do with women, and you strike out a lot, you're probably setting yourself up for failure.

Anyway, we have a difference of opinions, and I respect yours and don't need to further argue my point.

Just get out there and practice and find out what works. Lines don't really have the intended effect. I like the "hi, I'm ____" approach. Friendliness and joking do wonders to break the ice. Wait til you get to know the girl to compliment her. She hasn't earned your compliments yet, even if she's pretty. Whenever someone compliments me off the bat I become guarded. I smell that he's after somethng and I don't know his intentions. But if he jokes and there's no pressure, it can be a good exchange. You might want to work at just talking to a girl and not asking her out (unless you may never see her again) to be a little bit of a challenge. Girls will think twice about you if you are unpredictable.

Instead of going straight up to a woman and talking to her, why don't you do something that will interest her, draw her to talk to you, and then allow you to continue a conversation with her...

This is what I have done in the past. I go to Safeway in the morning and buy one of the couple day old cakes for like $ 2. And then I ride around on different buses and trains on my pass with the cake. You have no idea how many women just come up and ask me about the cake. Sometimes its a cake, sometimes its a tuna dish, sometimes it's something else. Whatever it is, I just walk around with it, women come up and ask about it, and then you can start talking to her. Actually not long ago, I got a girl's number, msn, and an outing with her just from meeting her on a bus carrying I think it was a tuna dish. Anyway, thats something unique. Give it a try !!!

This is what I have done in the past. I go to Safeway in the morning and buy one of the couple day old cakes for like $ 2. And then I ride around on different buses and trains on my pass with the cake. You have no idea how many women just come up and ask me about the cake.

omg, Night Pumpkin, this is hilarious! And I mean that in a good way!

Props work if it can help you break the ice or get her to do so.

I used to have a Gumby watch. It was a big plastic gumby that wrapped around your whole wrist and held in one arm a cheap LCD. I used to wear it out to bars. When women pointed at it and laughed, I moved on in, acting either hurt or indignant that they were laughing at Gumby. Worked more often than not.

If props help and work, use them. If that tuna dish works for you, by all means buy the tuna dish. Although, I would also encourage you to use some other methods to meet people too.

A unique idea. I'll try to remember it.

Props work if it can help you break the ice or get her to do so.

I used to have a Gumby watch. It was a big plastic gumby that wrapped around your whole wrist and held in one arm a cheap LCD. I used to wear it out to bars. When women pointed at it and laughed, I moved on in, acting either hurt or indignant that they were laughing at Gumby. Worked more often than not.

If props help and work, use them. If that tuna dish works for you, by all means buy the tuna dish. Although, I would also encourage you to use some other methods to meet people too.

A unique idea. I'll try to remember it.

Now that's a clever idea, too. I know it's believed by many that gals never make the first move, but I promise you good men, I have, several times. And a prop like Beec's watch would have given me an excellent way to make an overture first!

Candy necklaces are also good. Anything with candy or yummy food draws girls in.

As for the tuna dish, its a special one I use which is made of tuna, mozzarella cheese, mushroom soup, milk, and...cornflakes !! yes cornflakes...its gives off the BEST aroma in the world. Everyone who smells its adores it just by its smell !!! and then people ask about why I mix cornflakes with tuna, and it goes on from there....

I don't like lines, beyond saying "hi", if you'd call that a line.

After that, I like to be spontaneous and make it up as I go along based on her looks, reactions, body language, facial expressions, and what she says. I don't know in advance what I'm going to say because it's based on adapting to what she says, or what she looks like, or I don't know what until the moment arrives. If I can engage her in a conversation, it will have to be about something she wants to talk about. I can't know in advance what that it. I have to figure that out while talking with her and listening to her.

My earlier cocky lines examples were for comic effect and humor, not for actual use. However, the first cocky line was used on a friend of mine by another guy and she liked it. The second was used by a senior citizen on his wife decades before I was born and it worked for him. Personally, I don't have the nerve for either of those lines and I don't like lines anyway.

However, with practice, I've been getting mildly cocky in person even at first meeting. Like when I recently met a local model who looks over 6 feet tall in local magazines. In person, she looked about 5'9". So I said, "Hi. You're the ABC Deparment Store model aren't you?" She said, "Yes I am." I said, "I'll bet guys tell you you're tall all the time. Don't they?". She said, "Yes, they do." (she seemed none to pleased about being tall). So I said, "Well, you don't look that tall to me." and I smiled and winked. She smiled really big and said, "Ya, I'm short!" She was very happy at this point.

We had a great repoire going, but I confess that I didn't ask her out. I'd met her accidentally and talked to her as a spur of the moment impulse. I was flirty and mildly cocky, yet lacked the nerve to carry through and ask her out. This was just a few days ago. Well, she was a bit intimidatingly good looking (no, not starved looking) and I had no chance to mentally prepare in advance.

Well, when she isn't modeling part time for that clothing store's ads, she spends the rest of her time working for them as a cashier. So I know where to find her if I want to try again.

It's aggravating because I was doing so good before I chickened out.

Just say "Hi, I'm ___, what's your name?"

Then if the convo dies after she replies, say something along the lines of, "So, what do you think of (insert place your at)?"

If she likes it, compliment the place with her, etc..

If she doesn't, joke around about the place together.

Slowly but gradually give her subtle hints that you're interested. But don't say things like, "Nice rack." That's just plain moronic. Compliment her personality most. A physical compliment is ok, but make sure it's something along the lines of "You've got pretty eyes," or "I really like your smile."

Hope I helped

One that worked for a me a few nights ago. I was at a sports banquet the other night at a restaraunt. There were several very attractive waitresses there and a bunch of the hot shots on our team were hitting on them. They all know I'm shy and don't have any kind of "game", so they all dared me to walk up to the most beautiful one and get her number. I don't know what went through my head, but I instantly got up and walked over to her. I read her name off her nametag and said, "Excuse me, Kelsey, my team mates here are pestering me to try and get your phone number. You could really save me a world difficulty if you just wrote your name and a number down on a piece of paper, and smiled like I said something really clever." She started smiling real big and wrote down her name and a number and gave it to me, and every single guy that had been heckling me was jaw-dropped. I still haven't tested to see if it was her real number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

For once I want to go to a site a find good advice. haha. Good PUA(Pick Up Artist) have scripts. Now most people/girls can say "oh don't use scripts girls pick up on it. Which again is true but it also depends on how well you deliver it. Truthfully pick up scripts are only as good as the person reading it. Take for example;

"Did it hurt?" Oh come on I know this one....... "When you fell from heaven?" Classic. But poor in itself. Again all because it a bad script doesn't mean you cant use it. Again delivery is everything, that as well as confidence.

Try this.... "Wow... haha..." This will gain her interest if not, try something more obvious. Most of the time that one will just work out right, everyone wants to know what wrong with them. Again don't be cocky be interested an humorous, leave her question "what? what so funny?"

Follow with, "It's nothing, well something.... actually....(I agree with comment left somewhere on here insert(what drink are you having?) she'd reply. Angels do they normally fall into a bar like this?" Again depending on how she acts you can do as follows.

Laughs: No seriously? Because their has to be one around her someone where.... (Now you engaged beginning convo) from here start with more natural techniques, such as hi my name is [insert Name] you work around here or you come here much?

Looks at you pathetic: "What?" wait for her response.(could be you kidding me right?) Follow with, "What no I'm serious, wait.... okay I get your not religious are you?" In which she reply her answer again gauge her reaction. Move in eye's, her interest. If she smiles, or continues talk go back to the ole' "natural techniques, such as hi my name is [insert Name] you work around here or you come here much?"

Ignores you or tries to make fun of you: "Obviously there no such thing as walking/sitting noticeable angels...(say this in a little, louder voice) then yell something like bar tender! Do you get considerate, respectable people ever in here? Then move on.... (If bar tender gives you * * * * , which sometimes their going for same girl when you are, I find it's always good, to just agree(with what ever they call you out on) with the smiling then give them a beyond * * * * ty(crappy) tip, this way there paying for the blonde they are banking on taking from you as well as paying for the time they took from you making you look like an ass)

Responded respectfully she not interested or has a boyfriend: (Rare) Simply reply, "I meant nothing by it, you seem like a very nice person, I generally hope you have a good night." Treated with Respect, give Respect. A rule of law.

This above is only one of many techniques you can use, I know you wish I could give you more as I totally could. As the whole, "Hi, I'm [insert name] does work." It makes it easier in intermediates who may feel intimidated if they at least have something to say other than the obvious. In the end, be yourself. Notice I said in the end

Archived