Am I to old for my age ?

dude69

Hey guys,

I havent posted a new thread in awhile but i have a certain something that im not sure about. Here it goes.

Im 19 years old and well... I think im to old/ mature for my age and well.. there arent to many people my age that are at all like this.

I never really had a childhood.. i started working with my father at the age of 5 but not because i was forced to but because i liked to work. Unlike many of my friends, right after i finished high school i started working.. i have a very good job in a company and make enough to support a family and kids. To technicly i am ready to settle down but when i think about it.. i never did ever do many of the things alot of the people i know do.

Alot of the girls i meet my age just want to always go out and party/drink and get smashed.. I have an important possition at work and well i cant get up at 2pm in the afternoon like alot of them do.

Im a very calm and relax person, I actualy rather just go out on a one and one night with someone i love and care for then just go out and get drunk/plastered.

Can anyone suggest something i can do ?

Thanks all

Sometimes it can be the other way around. Ya know; ya don't have a childhood, are in upwards of 30 and act like a BIG kid! ;-)

Why not try dating someone a little older. Also, I have also known younger women that don't wanna party all the time, but they still wanna have fun.

Wow... you are a rare gem.

Silly you... how can someone be too old for their age??? you just happen to be more Mature for your age.... lol.

Where are your hunting grounds?? meaning how are you meeting these young chickies??? You might want to look else where.. or try dating up, dating a college girl.

And true enough.. I've seen it swing the other way, where those who didn't have their hay day, launch into Mid-life as if today was the last day on earth.

Balance... I think you try to strive for balance. I still work at that... lol... tipping the scales in either direction.

"Growing old is inevitable... Growing up is an option"

Sometimes, I feel like I should have been born earlier than I was. I was born in 1974, (my mom was 42 and dad was 57). My oldest brother is 65 (33 years older than me). I feel as though I should have been born somewhere in the 40's. My values are quite old school, being the product of Irish-Catholic parents...who were both born before World War II.. come to think of it, dad was born at the end of World War I.

So yeah, I do feel like I am 'older' than my peers. I was never one for partying either. I started to work when I was 11 because I liked to earn my own money. Both my parents came from dirt poor backgrounds in Ireland, so they taught me the value of a dollar. During a time when many of my peers were partying with their money, I was saving it. From a cashier job that I worked at for two years during high school, I saved every single penny to buy my first car when I was 17.

Yeah, even today, I feel 'older' than 32 (not physically, but definitely mentally).

TRUST MEEE>.. many guys including me would love to be with a woman like you.. not a party animal.... your good .. much better then you think you are.. Mature women are rare these days..

ummmmm are you referring to me??? or Dude69.. or just replied to the wrong thread.. lol.

I don't know about the maturity part ..because when its time to party and have a good time... I'm usually the instigator in the crowd.. lol.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OOOPSSSSSSSSSSS thought its a woman posting!!!! MY BAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dude sorry about mis understanding.. but many of us guys don't like women who party all the time!! including me.. our search is little tougher then the others.. non the less its not impossible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massari

TRUST MEEE>.. many guys including me would love to be with a woman like you.. not a party animal.... your good .. much better then you think you are.. Mature women are rare these days..

ummmmm are you referring to me??? or Dude69.. or just replied to the wrong thread.. lol.

I don't know about the maturity part ..because when its time to party and have a good time... I'm usually the instigator in the crowd.. lol.

I think he meant he would like to meet a woman like that. ;-) I have actually found that I am a big goof and if that turns people off, then sc@@w it. I can be how I want to be. I spent way too much of my young life, worried about everything.

I have found that I love to tease and love to have repid fire convo (just like a giant kid).

So, just be who you are...

A rare gem indeed. Unfortunately, it's harder for people like that to meet others. As I always say, "Why go to a bar to meet friends when the people I want to be friends with wouldn't be caught dead in a bar?" Yes, calm and composed younger women do exist. They just don't go to those places where you would normally meet new people.

I'd strike up conversations with girls in more "serious" places. This is going to sound like a horrible stereotype, but a girl who's selling you jeans at Abercrombie is likely to be looking for a fun time, not settling down. But places like bookstores, coffee shops, etc. tend to attract more "serious" people, both employees and customers. Bookstores are especially nice, I think. Oftentimes people go there alone, so you're not intruding on their conversation with someone else. Plus, the books that someone is looking at can tell you a lot AND they can give you a starting point for a conversation.

Like I said, finding a calm and relaxed person is harder than finding an outgoing crazy one...but you'll find her one day!

I agree, it seems every girl at my college is a party animal, as much if not more than any guy. It doesn't make me label them, it just seems the norm. It woud be refreshing to meet a girl I can just go out and have a nice night with and doesn't always want to go to wild parties and go nuts. I've always been hesitant to get involved with party girls cause compared to them I might seem boring. But I know where you are coming from and I think I'm the same way. A lot of times I'll just go out to parties so I'm not alone, but if there were girls like you at my college that would be awesome. I like to drink, but I always thought that most people did it just to fit in. I've had a good time with alcohol, but I can still have a good time without it.

like i said .. i dont go to school anymore so its hard for me to meet woman my age if i dont go out.. I am not really into women that are older then me but i noticed that women between 35-50 just love me and always say stuff like... i bet you all the girls are after you,... your so handsome... if i were younger i would steal you from everyone....

I am not really into women that old lol but they seem to find that im everything a woman is looking for.... I hang around people my age 18-20 but its hard for me to meet newer people.

Im not someone who just looks to sleep with any random women.. i always told myself that its the quality and not the quantity. It can be hard sometimes....

dude! There are girls out there your age who would love to meet a hard-working guy like you. Someone with drive and ambition themselves.

Watch out for them in their places of work. Go out and talk to these people. She may not have a lot of free time to socialize either. So ask and chat. You can get to know someone by stopping in rather regularly to their place of work.

Watch out for in particular: young girls in management positions, working in hospitals, at libraries bookstores coffeeshops (coffeeshop is a gamble).

Where do you work? What do you do in your spare time?

dude! There are girls out there your age who would love to meet a hard-working guy like you. Someone with drive and ambition themselves.

Watch out for them in their places of work. Go out and talk to these people. She may not have a lot of free time to socialize either. So ask and chat. You can get to know someone by stopping in rather regularly to their place of work.

Watch out for in particular: young girls in management positions, working in hospitals, at libraries bookstores coffeeshops (coffeeshop is a gamble).

Where do you work? What do you do in your spare time?

i work for an advertisement company and well im usualy all day in my office. the youngest person after myself is 34 years old and everyone after that is between 40-55 so i spend alot of time with alot of older people.

Alot of my friends work in the food industry and retail and 98% of the staff is around their age group and i sometimes wonder if i should get a second job (on weekends) working for one of those places so i can meet new people.

Wow... you are a rare gem.

ive been told this SO many times, and you know by who ? always by people who are double my age.

It makes me feel that im going to have to wait a long time before i can find a woman mature enough to understand how i am and why i do the things i do. Afterall there are always a reason being everything someone does..

Anyway, ive come to a point where I dont need to have someone to be happy, although sometimes i get thinking about the experience of having a lover and i can see myself being even happier then what i am now... and I kinda miss having someone to be intimate with.

Dude69 I know how you feel. And yeah it does really seem that every girl between the ages of 16-25 just wants to get wrecked to have a good time and not really get committed becuase then they will be missing out.

I know how you feel, I'm like you, I feel like im more mature and together than most people our age. That makes me feel like an outsider alot, it makes me feel like im an individual more than I should feel. However, you just gotta wait, when you least expect it someone will come along, thats whats always seemed to happen to me.

I get that same, your so mature, your such a good guy all the time from both girls our age and people older. I dont even know, I just know that the world seems backwards sometimes. Good gets the worst and the wrong get the best. Keep your head up, your only 19, i'm only 21. We're gonna be just fine.

Dude69

I totally understand what you are going through, I have often said I am too old for my age. There are girls out there like you promise, its just harder to find them b/c they are working too. I would try places like coffeeshops on nights that maybe have a band, or a bookstore, or the library. Lots of sweet nice serious girls work at libraries. Good luck!!

SG79

There was this one time I went to the library and couldn't find the book I wanted, so I asked a decent-looking girl (who was shelving books) if it might be on the shelving cart. Wow, the look she gave me. If looks could kill, I'd be in a grave. Then she told me "look for it yourself". I still can't figure out WHY all girls treat me like dirt.

the problem is that im not a type of guy who will just go up to a random woman. Im not shy or anything.. more like a fear of getting rejected.. so even if i did go to bookstores or coffeshops its not really a place where i enjoy being. I guess i just have to wait longer..