Would a straight man go to a gay bar?

I was having a conversation with guy that I like (I am a female) about doing rebellious things. He said that everyone should do some 'rebellious' things in their lives (just once) like: go to a gay bar, drink too much one time, smoke marijuana once, and go to a strip club. I told him that I would tell him the things I did only after what he told me he did. He said that he has gone to a gay bar and smoked pot, but never been to a strip club. I found it strange that he would have been to a gay bar (he says he is straight) but he has never gone to a stip club. I don't know if he went to a lesbian bar or gay bar.

Question: My is: Would a straight man ever go to a gay bar, even once?

I'm pretty sure I'm straight. I use to live in a gay neighborhood, went to gay bars, and had a good friend who ran one. My wedding "reception" party was in a gay bar. Been camping, boating, partying and working with gay folks throughout my life.

I just avoid Republicans.

Sure, I know lots of straight men whom go to gay bars, and I have gone to the gay bar and I am straight....the music is loads better (more often you have actual DJ's too), and one of the ones here stays open WAY later then the regular bars, more people dance (way better music to dance too in first place, but more people just dance anyway..), and so on. I just find it a much friendlier and more fun place then the straight bars around here.

(And...a lot of straight men go there to pick up the straight women whom are trying to escape the bad pickup lines of men at the regular bars...in a strange ironic way. Sigh.)

It's a very straight friendly atmosphere, and it's a change of scenery, not really indicative of anything rebellious or strange about someone.

I'm pretty sure I'm straight. I use to live in a gay neighborhood, went to gay bars, and had a good friend who ran one. My wedding "reception" party was in a gay bar. Been camping, boating, partying and working with gay folks throughout my life.

I just avoid Republicans.

Dako, you sound like a guy who I'd like to get to know.