Tell us your reasons to stay.

Dako

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flimsy reasons, but for now they keep my plans on hold. if anything happens to my cat though, i doubt my friends will be reason enough to hold on. sometimes not even my cat seems like a good enough reason.

What is "good enough" to you? Is love for helping those in need a "flimsy" reason to stay and suffer along with everyone else, if you honestly feel you can assuage some pain, provide some anelgesic for even one person? What, Outcast-Angel, could possibly be more important?

Not directly a reason, but..

The sensation of pleasure couldn't be felt without the sensation of pain, you wouldn't have anything to compare it with. The nerves in the body that feel pain also feel pleasure. As strange as this sounds I try to enjoy feeling pain, because even if it doesn't feel like it, eventually I will feel joy and happiness again. And the feeling of emotional pain itself can almost be enjoyed - feeling the release that crying and expressing the pain is freeing and beautiful.

Sorry to rant on

I admire your logic; clear and sensible, hardly a "rant" at all!

What is "good enough" to you? Is love for helping those in need a "flimsy" reason to stay and suffer along with everyone else, if you honestly feel you can assuage some pain, provide some anelgesic for even one person? What, Outcast-Angel, could possibly be more important?

what would be good enough? if you could promise me that tomorrow when i wake up, i won't be haunted by a feeling of hopeless, helpless, hollowness. that i won't hallucinate when i'm not on any sort of drugs, and i won't have days that i just want to curl up in my closet and cry for no apparent reason.

while i'm capable of helping people, i love doing it. but lately i can't help people. i don't know what to say to them to make it better, because in my heart i don't believe it will be better. the world is messed up. and nothing i can do can change that. i can't help me, and i can't help the people i love. the only creature i can take care of is my cat.

the only creature i can take care of is my cat.

You love your cat, do you not? Don't think of it as a weak example; too many people are under the misconception that animals are emotionless. I am not to be labled an "animal lover," anyone of you who make snide comments about such things, merely being reasonable.

You love your cat, do you not? Don't think of it as a weak example; too many people are under the misconception that animals are emotionless. I am not to be labled an "animal lover," anyone of you who make snide comments about such things, merely being reasonable.

i do love him, to pieces. and i know he loves me, but sometimes it doesn't matter, and it's not enough. i really wish it were. sometimes i don't think it would matter if the whole world loved me, because i can't stand being me, and being in my head. and i'm convinced that if i could switch worlds with you for a week, you'd understand, even if that week wasn't the worst kind of week that i have. i know that everything that i go through now is all in my head. i know that, but i can't make it stop, or go away. and some days i don't know that it's just all in my head, and no amount of logic and reasoning is going to make the world stop spinning.

For me, hmmm... what keeps me here? I used to find encouragement in spiritual matters, but when it comes to the 'real' world, I find that stuff doesn't help much these days. I still have faith though, but that doesn't keep me here.

Right now, I'm not too sure what does keep me here. I'll get back to you when I figure out what my reason for living is. I can tell you one thing here and now though: It's not for anyone else in my life (I have no one with whom I am really close with, which is hard), so if I can find a reason, it has to be for me and me alone.

1.My little sister. I don't want to put her trough that. I mean I love her to death. I am the only one she can opens up and talks to then I wouldn't be there for her.

2. My family. I love them to death and I don't want to put them trough that ****.

3.The love of my life. Even though i haven't seen him in a long time I still love him. And I live to see hm again.

anyway those are my reasons to stay

Adding to my growing list:

Living up to my potential. To see what happens when I "grow up".

For all the people to look to me in admiration for all I've been through...It's kind of nice, in a weird way, knowing that someone looks up to me. Even if it is "It could be worse" sense.

#1 Reason: Because someone I knew did it when I was 23 and it's affected my life forever, and I'd never do that to my children. It's the ultimate abandonment. I have experienced abandonment in different ways, and let me tell you, suicide takes the cake. It wins the big abandonment award.

You can't do it without messing someone up. That's why it's wrong.

Yes, I've been chronically depressed, repeated times over the last 20 years. Don't write please and tell me I don't know what it's like. I've found myself standing there with a bottle of pills in my hand. I've been that close.

But today, and for the last few months, I feel better. I'm glad I didn't take those pills. At that time, I couldn't imagine ever feeling better again. It was simply out of the question. But the fact is, I do feel better. And with no anti-depressant. I don't know how long it will last. So even when you feel no hope, you have to just wait it out.

I'm going through one of those "Is this all there is?" phases myself.

I'm still looking for the bright side of middle age.

The only reason I still want to stay is a simple philosophical answer: The desire to find the Absolute truth. Even if the absolute truth is never within my grasp not even in this lifetime, the feeling of delving deep and ever deeper to full understanding is one I cannot express properly with words. It has given absolute meaning to my existence. I have tried other reasons they all ended in a superficial meaning. I explored them and couldn't find any firm base to place my existence. Until I realised one reason, right infront of me.... Intelegibility.

Tesseract_Witch, have you ever been suicidal? And if so, what kept you from doing it?

Suicidal; yes, I had been. I was ashamed to be me--still am, but now I realize it is not necessarily me that is at fault, but everyone else for making me so imperfect. Who knows of disgrace unless he has seen grace? I hate those who mock me, whether openly or otherwise. I vowed to be homicidal and sought to kill all who opposed me...

I hadn't realized they would even think at that point--there's no purpose for it! Sorry to sound so morbid, but honestly, I figured you would no longer have the ability to think--only feel.

Yes they do think. The moments before death are often thought to be our moments of greatest clarity.

In the late 1700s the french performed capital punishment by chopping off heads. Philosophers of the day wondered whether death was instant. So they conducted an experiment. They asked the soon to be executed to try and blink after their head was cut off. They found that on average, the corpseless head was able to blink for 20 seconds after being separated from its body. To blink you must think.

Before you die you are certainly capable of thought. Even people killed instantly in car crashes are reckoned to know in the last 2 seconds that they are about to die and compute that.

Tesseract_Witch, have you ever been suicidal? And if so, what kept you from doing it?

Suicidal; yes, I had been....

I vowed to be homicidal and sought to kill all who opposed me...

So, the main question in this thread is to "tell us your reasons to stay." So are you saying you stay because of the idea of being homicidal to those who oppose you... is that the reason you stay?

So, the main question in this thread is to "tell us your reasons to stay." So are you saying you stay because of the idea of being homicidal to those who oppose you... is that the reason you stay?

In a way, yes; I am far too proud to ever yeild to those I oppose. Usually, I oppose them, because, as GMSea97 suggested, they threaten my friend's and family's well-being. If I am capable of defending them, I will.

I am far too proud to ever yeild to those I oppose.

So, is homicide is a form of not yielding? And are you saying you would commit homicide because of your pride? I don't follow that logic. And what does any of that have to do with not commiting suicide?

Usually, I oppose them, because, as GMSea97 suggested, they threaten my friend's and family's well-being. If I am capable of defending them, I will.

In my understanding, defense of loved ones and self is usually in a different category than homicide. Is self-defense and homicide the same thing in your mind? And and how does "opposing" someone translate into killing them? Really it seems you're saying that the idea of revenge in the form of murder is how you are keeping you from killing yourself. But please tell me if I've misunderstood.

So, is homicide is a form of not yielding?

Indeed, it is not; I refuse to give anyone else the idea that they have succeeded me. I use it to keep myself alive; if I let everyone else push me down, I would never stand up again and succomb to that "death--" death to my pride. But I will not succomb. The idea of homicide is opposition; if you are against me, you are a threat. I will attack those who threaten me, which is the majority of people I encounter. Thus, I am committing homicide by killing them all if need be. As I said, I will defend loved ones if I must. In my case, homicide and defense are synonymous.

Archived