Tell us your reasons to stay.

Dako

I love every time this thread gets resurrected!

I stay now to see that sparkle in my daughter's eyes and get my giggles and kisses every day. I live to see her eyes light up when she hears my voice or when she learns something new. I live to be able to shape and mold this beautiful little person into somebody that will maybe make life a little better for other people as well as have a good life herself. I live because I have an angel to watch over me and for me to watch over. I live because I KNOW and have truly felt what pain is, and I can now say I know without a shadow of a doubt what true love is.

I'd have stayed anyway for me and all the experiences I've yet to have and emotions I've yet to feel, cause I know they're out there. But now I live and I love and I know it's gonna be ok, because of her.

And I have to say with all honesty, I could not live without that joy ever again after having it. And being as honest as I can be, I gotta admit: I would not stay without her.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. I can't bear to think what my parents would think. They'd be so disappointed in me.

2. There's that uncertainty about what the future holds for me and my curiosity is leaving me wanting to find out.

3. My cat gets separation anxiety.

lmao my cat gets separation anxiety

sorry i laughed really hard when i read that!

• 3 years later...

My reason to stay is my mom. Yes we have differences, but she gave me the best she could. She stayed in bad marriage to put a roof over my head and food into my tummy. I owe it to her to push myself and do my best. If I kill myself she won't be able to take it. What kinda a person it makes me to selfishly kill myself when all I really need to do is to hang in there and do my best and let my mom see that I'm trying to do best with what she has given me?

Everytime I thought of killing myself I have thought of my mom and have stopped myself from going ahead.

• 10 months later...

I've been down and out before..but I have three amazing kiddos that have kept me marching forward always!! I have felt like a huge disappointment at times, but I have to stay positive and give my all for my babies! I honestly don't know where I would be today without them!!

Archived