Cute neighbor - how to approach him?

2 hours ago, kim42 said:

Yes, a friendly hello is totally okay here. The conversation this week went well so let's see how the next one goes..

@kim42I know I said I wouldn't respond anymore but just go with this^ and you should be fine. 

Again I apologize for "over-analyzing" but tbh I think you are "over-thinking" this.  

Simply talk with him like you did the first time, nothing personal, nothing intrusive and it should be fine.

Someone confronted me yesterday on my thread about my tendency to "act in the moment."  My response was if I don't act in the moment, I will begin to over-think it and end up feeling paralyzed and doing nothing.  Or doing or saying the wrong thing and/or having it be completely awkward,

Your first conversation, just a guess but it sounds like that happened spontaneously, in the moment?  You didn't have a chance to think about it, or over-think it, it was spontaneous and you went with the moment.  And had a nice conversation!

I suggest that happen again.  Wait until you run into him again, and go with the moment.  Don't think about what you're gonna say, let it happen spontaneously, naturally, like the first conversation.  Those are the best conversations imo.   

Spontaneously, naturally.  

$.02.

22 hours ago, boltnrun said:

This might be a "woman" thing but I wouldn't want my neighbor admitting he's listening in to what I'm doing in my apartment. That would feel forward and intrusive. 

Oh my bad. I misread Kim's post. I thought they were a bunch of guys listening to music outside the apartment. Well if its inside, my idea is not good.

I love mslolita's first post. 

Good Luck, Kim! I hope the stars aligns for you and this neighbor 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, LootieTootie said:

Oh my bad. I misread Kim's post. I thought they were a bunch of guys listening to music outside the apartment. Well if its inside, my idea is not good.

I love mslolita's first post. 

Good Luck, Kim! I hope the stars aligns for you and this neighbor 🙂

Oh! Cheers Lootie! 

Love your user name by the way! ☺️

Nothing sweeter than a close proximity potential romance!

x

• Like 1

For encouragement and sorry if a repeat. Almost 20 years ago my friend, a year or so out from a broken engagement (they'd met on Match but coincidentally he and I had mutual friends and I wasn't so sure of him but that's tangential).  On a rainy valentines night she went to her high rise's laundry room to do laundry.  And there he was - a foreigner who'd moved to NYC a few years ago- and he was just around her age and I believe sent by his roommate-sibling to do laundry.  She'd been doing the online things, singles stuff -but that night was for the love of laundry.  He was/is handsome, great guy -she's a great person and so pretty.

They've been married about 18 years now -two kids, happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

For encouragement and sorry if a repeat. Almost 20 years ago my friend, a year or so out from a broken engagement (they'd met on Match but coincidentally he and I had mutual friends and I wasn't so sure of him but that's tangential).  On a rainy valentines night she went to her high rise's laundry room to do laundry.  And there he was - a foreigner who'd moved to NYC a few years ago- and he was just around her age and I believe sent by his roommate-sibling to do laundry.  She'd been doing the online things, singles stuff -but that night was for the love of laundry.  He was/is handsome, great guy -she's a great person and so pretty.

They've been married about 18 years now -two kids, happy.

😭😭😭

x

13 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Kim - are there common areas in your apartment building or complex where people hang out - is there an outdoor space like a backyard sort of?  Any places where you could run into him? Are there stores right nearby where your neighbors go? Obviously you'd never stalk just wondering if there are additional opportunities to run into him.

No common areas, just the elevator. Many stores nearby so I might run into him in one of them. 

It's okay, no pressure, I don't want to overthink so let's see how it goes the next time I run into him.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, DarkCh0c0 said:

@mylolita in balling too 😂🌹 

@Batya33 are you saying we all should head out to do our laundry in order to find love? Cause imma do mine right now if that's all it takes! 🏃‍♀️🏁

I love how you shared the story! 🥰

It’s too much @DarkCh0c0 😭🤣

I’m feeling the love 🥺🤣🤣🤣

Nothing puts me in a better mood than hanging out washing on a line with a gentle breeze on a Spring morning 🥴

x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, DarkCh0c0 said:

@mylolita in balling too 😂🌹 

@Batya33 are you saying we all should head out to do our laundry in order to find love? Cause imma do mine right now if that's all it takes! 🏃‍♀️🏁

I love how you shared the story! 🥰

Yes!! Also don't do what I did - I had a Hot Neighbor who moved in across the hall - his mom helped him-saw me taking out my garbage and zeroed in on me.  Yup I was her future DIL LOLL.  She introduced herself, introduced me to her son, etc.  I was single at the time.  He was an investment banker a few years younger than me.  (I was early 30s maybe) We would chat, I was a bit flirty and I wasn't feeling like he was into me but then I made it worse - I was shopping at the grocery store that was actually part of the apartment complex and  the only cart available was the one kids can ride in for fun.  So he happens to be there- stares and asks me if I have a kid lol (or was like baby obsessed and chose the cart on purpose).

Just kidding as far as ruining it but I could tell he wasn't that into me.  Couple months later saw him with a hot blonde lady - in her 20s -and a few months later he mentioned in a friendly way that they were serious.  I was NOTHING like her -nice seeming person but like night and day. 

But it was fun flirting before he met her!

• Haha 2

Four month after my divorce I had a casual relationship with a guy whose mom was living next to my building. I didn't know it when we started to hang out together. But once the relationship ended, 2 or 3 month in, I would often bump into him. More than previously obviously. He even saw me going home with another guy someday. And another day I was talking outside with one of my friends and he looked at me weirdly and the next day texted me, "why can't you even say hi.." This is why I would never try to seduce a neighbor. Not even talking about the days my hair isn't done and I meet him in the elevator 🙈... This kind of proximity isn't not really healthy for a relationship IMO. But in your case, I would just wait to bump into him again and try to have another casual conversation. Any other moves would be to obvious and intrusive. (but let me mention that I'm Swiss, one of the coldest species of this planet lol)