Found condom wrapper

I have been in a long distance relationship for almost a year. But about 8 months ago he cheated on me so we took time apart from August-November but i decided to give it another try.  (We never stopped communicating though and he claimed to be working on himself to get me back) 

I was visiting this week and as I was packing I found a condom wrapper under his nightstand.  I know it is NOT from me. He is claiming its from when we broke up back in September and the wrapper was left there. But I’m almost 100% positive I have looked under that nightstand before because I plug my phone in there and have dropped things under it before. 

I believe he cheated on me again. But I didn’t see it with my eyes and just don’t have that 100% certainty. Any insight?

Why would you choose to be in a relationship where you do not trust the person, for good reason,  and are rummaging around under furniture looking for evidence - and on top of all of it, it's long distance?   Please just cut your losses.  You don't need any further proof, certainty, or insight from internet strangers.  This is simply not a healthy situation with any clear positive path forward for you. 

• Like 2

Trust and believing another person is not about having proof. 

Almost a year together.... 4 months in he cheats... 4 months break... now 4 month's later another incident... sounds like a crappy 12 months. 

dump this guy.  date local.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, LegalGirl2009 said:

I have been in a long distance relationship for almost a year. But about 8 months ago he cheated on me so we took time apart from August-November  I  believe he cheated on me again. 

Sorry this is happening. Reconsider if this relationship is viable. If you have to inspect his place for evidence of cheating when you visit, what's the point? Especially since you claim he has a habit of cheating. 

• Thanks 1

LDRs require a lot of trust.  You already know he's a cheater.  Now you have more evidence & he's gas lighting you. 

What is the draw of staying with this man?  

Give up & date somebody local who shares your views & values.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, TeeDee said:

LDRs require a lot of trust.  You already know he's a cheater.  Now you have more evidence & he's gas lighting you. 

What is the draw of staying with this man?  

Give up & date somebody local who shares your views & values.  

yes, and LDRs are great for cheaters, liars, users...

This story sounds so familiar.  I've heard it more than once.  Have you posted this previously under another username?  

If not, I cannot believe how many careless cheating boyfriends are leaving used condoms around the house for their girlfriends to find.  Boggles the mind.

@LegalGirl2009you don't always need solid proof.  Just use your intuition and common sense.  You found a used condom wrapper until the nightstand that wasn't yours and you'd never seen before.

What more do you need, to catch him in the act?

If me, I would not have even confronted him.  Do you honestly think he would tell you the truth?

You have all the evidence you need, and you clearly don't trust him, it's time to WALK.

No need to even leave a note in this case, just leave.  

He's NOT stupid, most men aren't, contrary to popular belief.  He will KNOW why you left.  Let him live with the consequences and you move on with your life.

• Like 2

I would make this less about him, less about 'proof,' and more about ME and how I want to live.

I could not envision a future of carrying around a hard pit in my stomach because I already know that I can't bring myself to trust someone who has shown me his capacity for disloyalty.

You do you, but I wouldn't stay in this thing for another minute.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2024 at 11:39 AM, LegalGirl2009 said:

we took time apart from August-November

So he hasn't cleaned his room since November?  You know that was almost 5 months ago?  If it looks vaccuum and tidied now, it means he's cleaned within the last 5 months, and the condom is recent.

You aren't going to get a confession out of him.  Be logical.