Story of Gabby Petito...

14 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

However, I have dumped him, and I think that speaks for something.

Yes, it certainly does. I can also appreciate the scale of ups and downs you're going through with this thread, and I admire your strength for staying open to the comments. I also think you will recognize during a time less charged that Bolt is being tenacious because she cares, and she's drawing on her personal experience to help rather than judge.

@boltnrun, I didn't catch the post you wrote about below. Would you mind providing the topic title?

There was a recent post update here in this forum where the daughter of a previous poster told us he'd committed suicide. That's extremely distressing and upsetting.

Thanks,

Cat

• Thanks 1

@catfeeder, I can't find the post! It was an older thread from last summer, where the man had been in a toxic relationship and the woman had a threesome with two very young men while they were supposed to be on a break. His daughter posted that he had committed suicide and she found his posts on this forum on his laptop. Apparently he kept going back to the toxic relationship. It's extremely sad.

And thanks for the support. Yes, I am trying to help. I liken it to knowing fire is hot from past experience but wanting to warn someone rather than just standing by while they put their hand in it to find out for themselves. 

Have you seen that Anthony Anderson commercial about Type II diabetes, where he shows a photo of a coffin and says "Too much? That's the point!" So yeah, I am trying to help but that doesn't mean everyone will like my approach. 

11 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

@catfeeder, I can't find the post! It was an older thread from last summer, where the man had been in a toxic relationship and the woman had a threesome with two very young men while they were supposed to be on a break. His daughter posted that he had committed suicide and she found his posts on this forum on his laptop. Apparently he kept going back to the toxic relationship. It's extremely sad.

They hid the thread as it was too sensitive.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yes, I am trying to help. I liken it to knowing fire is hot from past experience but wanting to warn someone rather than just standing by while they put their hand in it to find out for themselves. 

I appreciate that Bolt however I am not putting my hand in the fire, there is nothing for me to find out for myself, the RL is over.  I ended several weeks ago.

I do not fantasize about him but I do still think about him sometimes and miss him.  Miss what we had.  Again he did not abuse me, I have good memories with him.

But that does not mean I want to go back to him.  I did consider it for two seconds which is why I updated this thread.  But that feeling quickly passed and I thank everyone again for all your insights and helping me get to this MUCH healthier place.

It's all good.  🙂

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I suppose you could say that I also lacked a filter, because it was mutual banter, mutual flirting, we were clicking/connecting, that is all it was.  I said things too!   

I laughed when he said it, again it was NOT offensive at all.  Not to me and this is one of those times where after thinking about it after the fact and now, I still feel the same as I did then.  It was funny.

I suppose it's one of those situations where you "had to be there," but seriously I wish I had never mentioned it.  I appreciate your and everyone's comments but this is such a nothingburger, it had/has no significance to the situation.

We were both drinking and flirting. 🙂

He was extremely respectful, he walked me home, he gave me his jacket as I was cold, he did NOT "hit on me," in fact it was several dates in before sex was even mentioned and I recall being the first to mention it in a subtle way.

That's fine. I like and welcome those types of comments too in due time...First meet? Not so much. Unless I was open to some 1ST meet n' play! 🤪

In any event, you ended things, sounds like you were having second thoughts and reconsidered and now you're not.

Me thinks its normal how you're feeling, rainbows. Guy is attractive and swept you off your feet and you're not meeting anyone at the moment that has caught your attention, so I can see why you're second-guessing. 

However, in the end, you have to remember why you made that decision not to continue. I don't think you made that decision lightly. 

Thank you for putting more context in how he went to jail and decided to turn his life around. When I read your earlier posts about his abusive past- I had a hunch that it was drinking- related because you had mentioned the boner comment was when he was also drunk (?)...  Not saying this guy can't handle his alcohol but someone who is extremely forward on a first meet/date, along with a past of alcoholism slash domestic violence is big red flag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2