Dating a single mom

8 hours ago, Lambert said:

sorry I missed this response.

If these are negative, how did they "draw you together"?

With the age and the mismatched level of emotional baggage (you're single, she is separated) this may not be basis for a long lasting relationship.

Take everything she says about her husband with a grain of salt.  she is upset and going through a lot. There is high potential for a rebound at your expense. 

She seems emotionally healed and over her abusive marriage and her daughter took it well too. They were seemed happy together but she found me and we are enjoying the moment together 

You are the distraction, and the age gap is likely part of the “excitement” for her that makes for some short term fun: Different than what she’d otherwise engage in, because it’s not meant to last and she knows this  

the age gap isn’t even that extreme, but it’s notable because you felt it worthy of mentioning it and remarking about how it “brought the two of you together” 

35 minutes ago, Anthony81J said:

Very poor treatment of her husband and she had enough, she knew she can do better and get wat she deserves.

Ya I don’t trust people who come in hot and heavy with this narrative 

if she was being abused, which I believe she probably was, then it’s way too early for her to jump into a new relationship. Abuse is trauma-causing and often times the victim has a history of abusive dynamics dating back into their childhood, which primed them for abuse in adulthood 

the fact she’s not dealing with any of that and is jumping right into another’s arms shows, at the least, a lack of proper judgement which makes sense that she didn’t vet the last guy correctly either. 

im convinced you’re a rebound/distraction/etc etc. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, NighttimeNightmare said:

if she was being abused,  then it’s way too early for her to jump into a new relationship.

the fact she’s not dealing with any of that and is jumping right into another’s arms shows, at the least, a lack of proper judgement which makes sense that she didn’t vet the last guy correctly either. 

^ I second ALL of this.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Anthony81J said:

Very poor treatment of her husband and she had enough, she knew she can do better and get wat she deserves.

Be careful. That's all I'll say. Use condoms and all that jazz...that's what I'd tell a friend in your position. Because I think you know this isn't your most clear headed but you are gonna go for it anyways.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, itsallgrand said:

Be careful. That's all I'll say. Use condoms and all that jazz...that's what I'd tell a friend in your position. Because I think you know this isn't your most clear headed but you are gonna go for it anyways.

I been snipped I’m not worried about a STI either. 

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

So she endured 12 years of abuse, separated five months ago and she's already mentally and emotionally healthy enough to date? 

Oh boy...

That’s I’m trying to figure out I don’t know much else  the marriage was done 5 years ago so I’m not sure wat to make of it all 

3 hours ago, NighttimeNightmare said:

if she was being abused, which I believe she probably was, then it’s way too early for her to jump into a new relationship. Abuse is trauma-causing and often times the victim has a history of abusive dynamics dating back into their childhood, which primed them for abuse in adulthood 

I’m just dating and having fun nothing is getting serious until I know her better and her divorce is finalized. Until then it’s a boyfriend/girlfriend situation that’s it for now see what happens down the road 

2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

So she has been living apart from her former husband for five years? Has she had her own place or has she been living with her parents?

Still not clear on a lot 

It’s gonna take dates and time to really find out ways going on and if I’m a quick rebound replacement or not .

she’s crazy about me it’s wild 

I feel I need to step back and just casually date her for awhile like a year 

I like her lotsa good qualities I look for 

Just now, boltnrun said:

So you don't know if she left her husband five years ago and just recently got the divorce, or if she was living with her husband until March of this year?

That's a big difference.

No no was with husband and gave him chances alcohol he was involved in the marriage so they had a bad 5 years and both knew it was over then they separated 

17 hours ago, Anthony81J said:

She seems emotionally healed and over her abusive marriage and her daughter took it well too. They were seemed happy together but she found me and we are enjoying the moment together 

If you are ok with everything and taking it slow, why are you posting here/ questioning things?  

I have definitely been a rebound.  Looking back, I did see flags.  I was caught up in whirlwind.  I ignored the flags, my gut, the warnings my own feelings of insecurity the relationship was giving me.  

Then when he just snapped.  It was like turning the light on at 2 am.  He was not as healed.  He was not as over things as he thought.  He was a real mess.  I don't think he is bad guy.  I don't think he was manipulative or using me.  His ex was horrible to him, too.  He wanted to be healed from it.  He wanted to move on, be with me and be happy.  He just couldn't.  

The reality is more often than not, humans cannot see clearly when going through these things.  The very best thing you can do is-- end it.  But again, we can't think clearly in these things.  The heart wants what the heart wants.  So keep dating other people.  Don't put all your effort into this.  

• Like 4
On 8/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, Lambert said:

If you are ok with everything and taking it slow, why are you posting here/ questioning things?  

I have definitely been a rebound.  Looking back, I did see flags.  I was caught up in whirlwind.  I ignored the flags, my gut, the warnings my own feelings of insecurity the relationship was giving me.  

Then when he just snapped.  It was like turning the light on at 2 am.  He was not as healed.  He was not as over things as he thought.  He was a real mess.  I don't think he is bad guy.  I don't think he was manipulative or using me.  His ex was horrible to him, too.  He wanted to be healed from it.  He wanted to move on, be with me and be happy.  He just couldn't.  

The reality is more often than not, humans cannot see clearly when going through these things.  The very best thing you can do is-- end it.  But again, we can't think clearly in these things.  The heart wants what the heart wants.  So keep dating other people.  Don't put all your effort into this.  

What are the red flags you missed would you say?