Is my "online boyfriend" a psychopath 🥲🥲?

Popcorn

Guys,guys listen. I know it might sound overdramatic,but here's my story.

I met this guy on a language exchange app. We're both in high-school. 

We chatted for 3 months. He was shy but at the same time really funny and realistic plus he also sent subtle clues that he wants to be more than friends. We became really good friends. He's chinese btw. So one day,I casually told him that I like him and he replied that he likes me too! So yeah,we've been in a relationship for a month now 

THIS IS WHERE THE SWEET STORY ENDS,AND MY ANXIETY TAKES A TOOL ON MY BRAIN🥲🥲😶, lol still dramatic but anyways..

A few days,after we got into our "online relationship" I heard a spine curdling murder case of a girl by her live in partner,aka her boyfriend. 

Her story is really similar to mine and that makes me really anxious. Her parents didnt approve of her interfaith relationship so she decided to move in with her "online guy" and after 4 years of physical and mental abuse she was killed by the hands of her own boyfriend...

Back to my story.....

I'm always trying to frame Questions and ask him about his views on various topics just to find out if he's a psychopath or COULD HE POSSIBLY MURDER ME IN THE FUTURE and trick the Cops.

In my case,I come from a Muslim background but I'm atheist and so is my boyfriend but he's from Christian background. If I were to be together with him in the future,I can't possibly tell my parents because I know the consequences. They'd either kill me(though I doubt it lol) but yeah,I can expect physical abuse,it has happened quite a few times..there was this one time my dad came in with a weapon and told me that he could go to jail but don't want a disobedient daughter 🥲😶. He can be really sweet at times but I know this is how manipulation works.

The best I can do is going abroad to study and never coming back..but I also don't know if I could trust this online relationship too much. Though I love the guy and I think he's genuine. But anxiety tells me that he's playing reverse psychology. 

Guys,I really am feeling weird but at the same time,someone said that if you get a gut feeling that you're in danger,then you probably are and tbh even my gut feeling is indecisive 🙃 

YEAH,ENOUGH RAMBLING...😂😂

REPLY KKK!!!

SEE YA!

I would more be worried about psychopats at your own home

1 hour ago, Popcorn said:

.there was this one time my dad came in with a weapon and told me that he could go to jail but don't want a disobedient daughter

As for the guy, nobody knows. You chose fantasy of online relationship. You never even met the guy so he could or couldnt be anything. Unless you work around on seeing him in real life and get to know him better, you dont know what he is or isnt.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Popcorn said:

,I can't possibly tell my parents because I know the consequences. They'd either kill me(though I doubt it lol) but yeah,I can expect physical abuse,it has happened quite a few times..

Depending on how old you are, start applying for universities overseas. Be very careful with online activity if your parents are this way.

You have no idea who is typing to you or if multiple people are typing to you.  Since he is not your boyfriend and you have no ties to this stranger or group of strangers I'd block and stop all contact -it's not worth the downside of your anxiety. 

I think it's very unfair to ask him these questions and a huge waste of your time.  If you are uncomfortable stop all contact now.  For any reason.  Don't look for "subtle" clues or signs - I think you need to get out of your room/away from your device and start doing a lot more local in person stuff -do you have a part time job? Volunteer anywhere with other high school students? You're getting too caught up in your own head and making this into some sort of amateur crime drama.  It's not about this person/persons because for all safety purposes he is a stranger. He is not someone you are in a relationship with of any romantic nature- at most this person/people are chat buddies.

I have a feeling this is a scam. OP you need to stop getting attached to a stranger from the other side of the world from you.

Focus on getting out of your parents’ home and building a life that will make you ready for someone who you can meet.

You're in high school, so I get why you think it's possible to have an "online boyfriend".  It's actually not possible.

You're also very young and your home life seems unsettled to say the least, so I can see why inventing drama and stories seems exciting.  

You are not going to ever meet this boy (if it is in fact a boy!) and you are not going to move to be with him.  And it's highly unlikely whoever it really is will turn out to be a murderer!  It's more likely that it's an adult predator or some kind of scammer.

Please tell a trusted adult (Your aunt?  Someone at school?) about your online activity.  Also tell a trusted adult about your father's disturbing activity.  

How are we supposed to know? How can anyone know?

That's the point. You have no clues about who is typing. Sick people can be excellent writers and manipulators, just like anybody else.

Rule of thumb: anyone who isn't close enough geographically to meet you in a public place for a quick cup of coffee to check one another out is a waste of your time and possibly even dangerous.

I'd avoid building romantic rescue fantasies and deal with your father's abuse directly by finding a more realistic way to move out or by contacting domestic violence organizations on the Internet who can refer you to local resources.

8 hours ago, Popcorn said:

but I also don't know if I could trust this online relationship too much

You shouldn't, just as you shouldn't get into "online relationships" at all. 

This person is a stranger. You have no real idea who he is, what he does in his daily life, who he interacts with, or what his history is. Just as you wouldn't get into a car with some random man who pulled up alongside you on the road, you should never be in relationship with a random stranger on the internet. 

8 hours ago, Popcorn said:

I can expect physical abuse,it has happened quite a few times..there was this one time my dad came in with a weapon

I hope you have a trusted adult somewhere in your life. This is deranged behaviour. 

All I see here is a very young girl with a super hyper active imagination.  Neither you, or any of us here on ENA, can possibly know if this guy is a psychopath.  Dare I be so bold as to say I find it absolutely ridiculous to be pinning something like "psychopath" on someone you don't know and have never met in your life.  Maybe he's thinking the same thing about you?  How does that make you feel?

• Like 3