Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

10 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Just being under the ocean is utterly horrifying but being STUCK there and running out of air. I would need to be sedated unconscious. 

I was listening to the news this morning and they were talking about which you would prefer to do - go out to space or go down on a dive in a submarine.

For me - neither. But if I had to choose, then I guess I’d rather go to space than down in the deep.

I am reminded of a movie from the 80s - Das Boat. I don’t remember the plot, but it was terrifying when the sub malfunctioned way deep down in the ocean! 

• Like 1
Just now, luminousone said:

I was listening to the news this morning and they were talking about which you would prefer to do - go out to space or go down on a dive in a submarine.

For me - neither. But if I had to choose, then I guess I’d rather go to space than down in the deep.

I am reminded of a movie from the 80s - Das Boat. I don’t remember the plot, but it was terrifying when the sub malfunctioned way deep down in the ocean! 

My husband has that movie and watched it from time to time. Neither for me as well . I was born on this rock and will die on this rock. 

I heard on the news this morning they actually only have about 8 hours of oxygen left.

It's so frustrating. There is absolutely zero reason for these people to be going through this. Danger tourism without any kind of adequate training should be illegal. I don't care what kind of waivers the company has people sign. It's irresponsible, to say the least. 

51 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I heard on the news this morning they actually only have about 8 hours of oxygen left.

It's so frustrating. There is absolutely zero reason for these people to be going through this. Danger tourism without any kind of adequate training should be illegal. I don't care what kind of waivers the company has people sign. It's irresponsible, to say the least. 

I totally agree with you . Zero reason for it other than to say they did it . Not what I would want to lose my life for . 

On 6/21/2023 at 11:03 AM, Seraphim said:

I am also horrified by the Titanic submersible tragedy. I get panic attacks full on just thinking about it. Even right this minute . I am just horrified. I can’t imagine a worse way to die than knowing you are going to suffocate. 

They think it imploded as they have found debris in which case death was almost instantaneous thankfully. 

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Seems like the hull failed according to the press conference. I suppose it could have happened days ago. 

Sad and totally unnecessary.

Absolutely. It was completely unregulated and the CEO fired people who told him that it wouldn’t work and that it would implode. I also heard that someone on it probably crew was a great great great someone who died on the Titanic . 

My stomach still aches for those people aboard the submersible, especially that young 19 year old man who didn’t get to have a life . He had misgivings about it . His gut feelings were correct. 

My guts actually hurt . 😓

My heart aches for those elderly people who died in Manitoba . Just going out for a fun day and then 16 lives are snuffed out in one accident . 

My heart just aches for my friend being abused by her wife. I told her if she needs to talk just message me and come over . I long to talk to my husband about it but her wife and my husband belong to the same unit . She doesn’t want anything out . My good sense tells me I need to tell him though. 

My two big Daycare kiddos are done with daycare today. 

Life is heavy today. 

I have to remind myself to go to my pharmacy Friday to give them my new insurance. The Forces changed companies for dependent insurance after 25 years. It has been a complete crap show with a lot of people not understanding how to complete their positive enrolment online . I have my digital card . The new insurance starts 1 July. 

My brain is in complete and utter meltdown like really really bad. I can’t sleep , I am having a very hard time functioning. If I make it to tomorrow at 4:30 it will be an utter miracle . I don’t think I will ever take on another infant, it is just too intensive . Two and over . Children who can walk and talk a bit more who don’t use ear piercing screams as a form of communication. It is just soul destroying the ear piercing shrieks . My brain is just in free fall. Noise of a certain level just sends my brain into a cascade of non functionality. Tomorrow is her last day. Then I am on holidays . After holidays I have the little quiet guy I have had for a year and two older girls who you can reason with . But I NEED A BREAK. Canada Day celebrations tomorrow in lieu of Saturday and then I am off until the 19th.