Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

8 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Whoa the format changed on one of your replies!!!!!!  Wow!!!!

I love the emojis and the reaction options, but I still don't exactly enjoy this format LOL

Cute cats!!!!  

What happened was for some bizarre reason my answer ended up in your journal. So I had to remove it and move it here. Lord knows how that happened. I must have hit something. 

Oh they are cute as a button! 

I have a senior cat too. She is currently in trouble because she stopped burying her poop and stepped in it, then tracked it all over my couch, my bedding, my area rug and the floor. I had to give her a bath and then wash everything. Not what I felt like doing during a Covid relapse. 

I ordered her a larger litter box and a scoop so I can scoop the poop out. Of course that won't help if she still doesn't bury it and steps in it when I'm asleep or not in the room. But I can't have her tracking poop all over the house.

I hope your kitty has a better day tomorrow.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

I have a senior cat too. She is currently in trouble because she stopped burying her poop and stepped in it, then tracked it all over my couch, my bedding, my area rug and the floor. I had to give her a bath and then wash everything. Not what I felt like doing during a Covid relapse. 

I ordered her a larger litter box and a scoop so I can scoop the poop out. Of course that won't help if she still doesn't bury it and steps in it when I'm asleep or not in the room. But I can't have her tracking poop all over the house.

I hope your kitty has a better day tomorrow.

Thanks ! I hope your kitty feels better too! And yourself !

What is really upsetting as well if I have to put my ole boy down I can’t go in with him and hold him as he dies. None of us can and it is something we do as a family to let our pet know they are loved and we are with them and they are never alone. 

With Covid they would have to die in the arms of their vet tech. My vet won’t allow anybody in the clinic at all. 

It breaks mine and my son’s heart. We are on lockdown so we can’t go in anyway but she hasn’t let anybody in the clinic since last March. It would break my heart for him to know that we were not  with him in his final moments. I have told my son it is very fast he won’t know what happened and he knows we loved him. I am sobbing just typing this. 

He will be cremated alone and put in his own urn like our other kitty. 

• Sad 1

Hard to say.... From a color standpoint, they both work in different ways. The top ribbon has the same warm tones as the yarn as well as hints of the yarn's cream color. The bottom ribbon contrasts more because it has cool tones. But it still matches and could be quite nice.

Another thing to take into account, and which I can only imagine from here, is size. The finished product is going to be a large swath of one color. The wider ribbon may stand out against that more effectively. But I guess it depends on how you're planning to attach the ribbons.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Hard to say.... From a color standpoint, they both work in different ways. The top ribbon has the same warm tones as the yarn as well as hints of the yarn's cream color. The bottom ribbon contrasts more because it has cool tones. But it still matches and could be quite nice.

Another thing to take into account, and which I can only imagine from here, is size. The finished product is going to be a large swath of one color. The wider ribbon may stand out against that more effectively. But I guess it depends on how you're planning to attach the ribbons.

Good call on the ribbons . I might sew the larger one in half and that might work. 

• Like 1
On 1/5/2021 at 4:55 PM, Seraphim said:

At my grocery store now only one family member can shop, so that is me because of the daycare . I had a panic attack so bad I almost fainted. 

I can’t deal right now. Just can’t . 

Oh wow I'm so sorry that happened to you.  

Can you get your groceries delivered?  

3 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

That's good.  I hate shopping in the store sometimes.  I didn't used to get so much anxiety from it, so I don't even understand it really where it comes from, but I've had that horrible feeling of almost passing out before.  Not fun!  

I have a panic disorder and PTSD so this year has been really bad for me. 

I might try the curbside  service I just hope it turns out because I need the items for my daycare menu. I have one daycare little that has gluten allergy ,dairy allergy and nut allergies so I can’t afford any substitutions to her diet.