Bit at work by a toddler

Seraphim

Geeze that must have hurt like heck.

The skin doesn't seem to be broken though so I think it's just swollen from the "pinch" of the bite. If the skin is broken then yes, go to the doctor and make sure. They say a human has a whole slew of various bacteria swelling around in there.

Oh yeah ! It did. Lucky they had ice at work in the fridge so I got that on it right away. Yeah bites are really dirty things!

Oh yeah ! It did. Lucky they had ice at work in the fridge so I got that on it right away. Yeah bites are really dirty things!

When my daughter was a toddler and not yet walking, she crawled up behind me while I was at the sink and for some reason, she bit the back of my knee when I only had shorts on... I shrieked too and it looked a lot like the lump on your arm. She didn't break the skin so I didn't get medical treatment... just put ice on it like you have done.

It was strange. She had never bitten before nor did she after that. Guess I just looked to good to resist! lol.

When my daughter was a toddler and not yet walking, she crawled up behind me while I was at the sink and for some reason, she bit the back of my knee when I only had shorts on... I shrieked too and it looked a lot like the lump on your arm. She didn't break the skin so I didn't get medical treatment... just put ice on it like you have done.

It was strange. She had never bitten before nor did she after that. Guess I just looked to good to resist! lol.

Yeah it hurts like heck!

Yes, we have walk in clinics but not open right now.

Yes, they know their child bites. He is 18 months and has no language skills. His 3 year old brother was just diagnosed Autistic, I can tell you this child is as well. He will be accessed next. And he has a brand new 2 month old sister. My guess is he is frustrated and can’t verbalized that due to age and development.

Hope he doesnt bite the baby :upset:

Hope you feel better & good luck with your opening tomorrow!!!

My mantra: when in doubt if you need a medical opinion, you need a medical opinion

totally.

and yes, I would completely go to the doctor ASAP. There are a lot of pretty nasty bacteria in mouths (cat, dog, human) that you don't want getting into your bloodstream. I would go to urgent care or the ER now.

My mantra: when in doubt if you need a medical opinion, you need a medical opinion

Spot on ^

There can be microscopic cracks.

Doctors are cheap!

Need more convincing? Type necrotising fasciitis into your browser and click images. (Warning - Not for weak stomachs.)

This is one area where you're gonna do what you're gonna do. Human bites are nasty, but babies and toddlers can be even worse given how much crap they're putting in their mouths every day. The conventional medical wisdom would of course be to get it checked out. But, as someone who let 2L of fluid build up in his lung before it collapsed, only in true idiot fashion to walk to the train from work and see if it would "resolve" overnight, I'll be the last person to lecture you for not going in. Hopefully you will, but if not, just really be honest with yourself and how your body feels in these coming days.

Archived