girlfriend broke up with me a week ago

Chris12189

This morning as I left for work I saw a bunny in my yard and it just froze and stared at me....usually they just run away. My ex had a pet bunny that died while we were together and the bunny looked just Goppy....not sure if I'm reading into it too much but seems a sign

A sign of...what?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tend to have a horrible habit of self-sabotaging myself any time things are going well or good for me. It is like I sub-consciously feel I do not deserve to have someone who cares for me or wants to be with me, so when someone like that comes around ill just shoot myself in the foot if that makes sense

So if I may ask, what makes you so sure that if she were to want to get back together, you wouldn't self-sabotage again?

You need to get to the root of why you self-sabotage! Otherwise the same thing will happen again, in every relationship you have, including this one should she change her mind and want to give it another shot.

Spend your energy focusing on that, and why you felt inclined to start drinking again when things were going well.

You said a few posts back you have no clue? Please focus on getting a clue, otherwise as I said, this extremely unhealthy pattern of self-sabotage and drinking will continue happening.

Forget about her, she's gone, doesn't trust you, rightfully so.

I'm sorry you're hurting, these issues are tough to navigate and resolve.

So if I may ask, what makes you so sure that if she were to want to get back together, you wouldn't self-sabotage again?

You need to get to the root of why you self-sabotage! Otherwise the same thing will happen again, in every relationship you have, including this one should she change her mind and want to give it another shot.

Spend your energy focusing on that, and why you felt inclined to start drinking again when things were going well.

You said a few posts back you have no clue? Please focus on getting a clue, otherwise as I said, this extremely unhealthy pattern of self-sabotage and drinking will continue happening.

Forget about her, she's gone, doesn't trust you, rightfully so.

I'm sorry you're hurting, these issues are tough to navigate and resolve.

I see a therapist later today to discuss these issues

so quick update met with the Therapist and she advised me to give this girl a call, apologize, and then move on. So I did. She broke down crying saying shes been waiting for this for months and she cares for me and how proud of me she is . We met up Sunday to get my stuff and that quickly turned into a day where it was like we were dating again (holding hands, kissing). She wants to pursue this new relationship and I told her I respected whatever decision she made and that she respect my process to heal and whatnot by not contacting me at all unless its reconciliation. So I guess im back on day 1 of NC but I feel much better than I did before.

Starting day 2 NC, it's crazy how many times I need to remind myself we aren't together anymore, my mind runs through these future plans and always includes her

That will diminish as you have less contact with her. Once you're adjusted to this new phase of your life, you plans naturally won't include her anymore.

That will diminish as you have less contact with her. Once you're adjusted to this new phase of your life, you plans naturally won't include her anymore.

I suppose. I just keep thinking of her and its very draining to have to constantly remind myself its over

Various posters have said that after a while you stop counting the days - after about a month or two. I think for me it was about a month - I honestly can't remember now, and I can't be f****d working it out anymore. Its been about 5 months. And yes you still think of them... just not in the same way.

Afternoon started well but then crumbled into disaster....I'm sick of feeling like this

The only real remedy is time; it won't feel better right away. You'll have ups and downs. But trust the process. Trust that with time, and continued No Contact, you will start to feel okay again.

Made it through to Day 4. Met with the therapist today and shes helping me change my way of thinking to a more positive outlook. It helps alot. She also recommends not totally ignoring my ex but not being so open to her messages. I doubt Ill hear from her after Sunday. I am at least having part of the day where I am somewhat normal but seems to be when I am alone my mind races and hatches these crazy schemes to get her back. I am starting to accept its over but I feel deep down I will be with her again when I make some progress on myself. Its funny how the days of going without contacting her drag on by but its nearly been 3 weeks without alcohol and I havent thought twice about it.

Archived