girlfriend broke up with me a week ago

Chris12189

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She wouldn't of reached out to me if she was still with the other guy. My guard is up and it's a free baseball game

Then my next questions would be who broke that off, and when? Are they still in contact? A couple of months is not a long time.

You need to maintain your (newfound) value in this situation.

Anyway, you don't need bring all this up on the first date. Best to keep it light. But you probably should if there are reconciliation feelers from her going forward.

Then my next questions would be who broke that off, and when? Are they still in contact? A couple of months is not a long time.

You need to maintain your (newfound) value in this situation.

Anyway, you don't need bring all this up on the first date. Best to keep it light. But you probably should if there are reconciliation feelers from her going forward.

Agreed. I am going into this as two old friends catching up, and truth be told, I may change my mind come tomorrow if I feel anything shady is going on.

It's interesting that the past two months are completely forgotten after one invitation from her.

I sure hope she doesn't do it again.

My worry is that she has hit a rough patch with the new guy, this is just her testing the OP to get some self validation... and then she flits away again, and he's back to day one.

But that is all speculation.

OP, you know her better than us. You have worked on the things that caused her to back away 2 months ago.

Good luck, but take it slow and keep your guard up.

Well, at least she knows now she can ignore you for two months and then just contact you one time and you will leap. She knows you are in the palm of her hand anytime she wants you to be.

Not really the path to reconciliation and a mutually respectful relationship. But maybe all you want is to be back together and you don't care about mutual respect. Some people just want the other person no matter the cost.

Well, at least she knows now she can ignore you for two months and then just contact you one time and you will leap. She knows you are in the palm of her hand anytime she wants you to be.

Not really the path to reconciliation and a mutually respectful relationship. But maybe all you want is to be back together and you don't care about mutual respect. Some people just want the other person no matter the cost.

I only responded to her attempt to hang out, I ignored the other breadcrumbs so not sure how that is leaping the first time they contact me.

At any rate she has given the tickets away and so I blocked her on social media

I only responded to her attempt to hang out, I ignored the other breadcrumbs so not sure how that is leaping the first time they contact me.

Not surprising, she probably wanted to see if she could "get" you. Now she knows she can.

But, good move on blocking her. Next time she wants to contact you to gloat or feed her own ego she won't be able to get through. I hope the block included her phone number.

Well, now you know she wasn't serious about going on a date with you.

Good for you for blocking her. It's over, and it's been over since she first left. Don't allow her any further access to you.

Well, now you know she wasn't serious about going on a date with you.

Good for you for blocking her. It's over, and it's been over since she first left. Don't allow her any further access to you.

I did. Apparantly her BF was out of town too...I also found out she was never over the guy she originally cheated on her ex bf with while dating me. She also continued to throw my past in my face. I guess I had to get kicked in the teeth and learn for myself what everyone was telling me about her. I feel like a gian weight has been lifted off my shoulders by blocking. I do not want any sort of relationship, friendship or romantic, with someone whose going to continually throw my past mistakes in my face while I am actively working on fixingthem

I did. Apparantly her BF was out of town too...I also found out she was never over the guy she originally cheated on her ex bf with while dating me. She also continued to throw my past in my face. I guess I had to get kicked in the teeth and learn for myself what everyone was telling me about her. I feel like a gian weight has been lifted off my shoulders by blocking. I do not want any sort of relationship, friendship or romantic, with someone whose going to continually throw my past mistakes in my face while I am actively working on fixingthem

What do you mean? She was still hung up on her former affair partner while she was dating you?

As I suspected, this girl entered your relationship with issues of her own. It's going to be so much better that she's not in your life.

What do you mean? She was still hung up on her former affair partner while she was dating you?

As I suspected, this girl entered your relationship with issues of her own. It's going to be so much better that she's not in your life.

That is exactly what I mean. I called her out on it all the time and she denied it up until the other day.

• 1 month later...

quick update, been clean now over 100 days, started a new diet and routine in the gym, and also began seeing someone new. Taking things slow with her but seems we are much more compatible. I am at a point of indifference regarding my ex and I feel as if my Ego more than anything was hurt

Archived