I had a huge fight with my bf's mom

Lindy3

It all went down when I got home. I told them that I thought what they did was wrong

Just because what you did was really great doesn't mean you get to rub it in, and tell them what vile people they were. I've seen people lying there in New York City, and don't call anyone for help; pretty normal sight really. If this guy was in a neighborhood where you don't see that, kind of weird they didn't see if he was okay. It's so hot where we are now, people could of had a heat stroke.

What you also don't realize is that they may have helped someone in the past, and something bad happened, so it freaks the bajesus out of them in those situations. Either way, don't throw stones, unless they were intentionally ruining or hurting someone. It only comes off as righteous regardless if it was the right thing to do. You were essentially a judgey A-hole for yelling at them like that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what guys if I was the OP I wouldn’t come back here . Because while everybody’s busy calling her names you don’t even know what the boyfriends mother’s even like . And even calling her names is ridiculous . That is not teaching anybody anything nor is kicking a dead horse repeatedly . You don’t teach anybody anything by constantly berating them everything that comes out of their mouth . She felt remorse and she apologized what more is there? It was a disagreement nobody’s head got chopped off .

I haven't read the whole thread, but some people are oblivious. There are people who apologize without understanding what they did was messed up. My MIL who said, "I'm sorry" in a letter followed by indirect detailing how we deserved it, does not make up for years of her stalking us and telling people, co-workers, family, and strangers we were in a cult, and I've trapped her son.

I don't think that them leaving you was fair or right. Especially your boyfriend, who should have stood by you and made sure you were safe.

If they were so worried about him being violent, and they cared about you, why wouldn't they have stayed and watched from a safe distance? She was the first to make a statement by leaving you there. So for the record, I think you responded.

I think you misplaced your anger on their different moral choice. You should have been angry that they left you behind in the face of what they saw as potential danger. I additionally think your responses were understandable, but you could have said them better. They were too aggressive.

I don't think you need to grovel. I think you should stand tall in your moral choice. If you need to apologize, then apologize for being judgmental of their moral choice and for the situation that escalated because of it.

You don’t teach anybody anything by constantly berating them everything that comes out of their mouth.
That's rather rich coming from someone who spent like the entire first 4 pages going off on some hyperbolic moralistic diatribe which very intentionally inferred numerous posters don't regard homeless people as human beings. But, hey, at least you didn't call anyone any names.

Nobody's kicking her while she's down. She came back and offered a poor excuse for her behavior. She's receiving feedback accordingly so as to hopefully prompt her to more deeply reflect on how to more reliably prevent such outbursts in the future. Yes, there are stragglers who are commenting on her initial post without having read through the thread, just as with every other 8+ page thread on the internet. It's not a concerted and malicious effort.

I don't think that them leaving you was fair or right. Especially your boyfriend, who should have stood by you and made sure you were safe.

If they were so worried about him being violent, and they cared about you, why wouldn't they have stayed and watched from a safe distance? She was the first to make a statement by leaving you there. So for the record, I think you responded.

I think you misplaced your anger on their different moral choice. You should have been angry that they left you behind in the face of what they saw as potential danger. I additionally think your responses were understandable, but you could have said them better. They were too aggressive.

I don't think you need to grovel. I think you should stand tall in your moral choice. If you need to apologize, then apologize for being judgmental of their moral choice and for the situation that escalated because of it.

I agree the apology was made and it’s up to Mom to accept or not .

That's rather rich coming from someone who spent like the entire first 4 pages going off on some hyperbolic moralistic diatribe which very intentionally inferred numerous posters don't regard homeless people as human beings. But, hey, at least you didn't call anyone any names.

Nobody's kicking her while she's down. She came back and offered a poor excuse for her behavior. She's receiving feedback accordingly so as to hopefully prompt her to more deeply reflect on how to more reliably prevent such outbursts in the future. Yes, there are stragglers who are commenting on her initial post without having read through the thread, just as with every other 8+ page thread on the internet. It's not a concerted and malicious effort.

Four page diatribe. Hardly. But I do consider life to be far above somebody’s hurt feelings . Death is forever hurt feelings aren’t .

Archived