Wanting to lose 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Op.

I too, am on the smaller side and am way over weight now. I am small boned, so when I have a completely healthy, "normal" looking weight, I am underweight for my height. BMI doesn't work, because it isn't inclusive of each individual's differences.

Apple Cider Vinegar. I swear it works!

Two tablespoons with lemon three times a day or you can buy the tablets.

Two tabs with meals, three times a day.

Once you reach your goal weight, cut back to two tablespoons or two tablets, once per day, for maintenance.

It also helps with digestion, circulation and believe it or not your skin and complexion!

BMI is an absolutely terrible assessment for healthy weights.

I am at a BMI of 32. I think I am in the obese category. I also eat very healthy and am very active, with less than 4% BF. I have a friend that is about a 16 and she is also very healthy.

BMI is just so bad to use. Using it shows a lack of knowledge in my opinion.

Trying to rate your healthiness in terms of weight loss is also not a very good idea.

If I sat on my @ss for a week and did nothing I would easily lose 10 pounds. Doesn't mean I am any healthier.

If you have no sensitivity to gluten removing it from your diet can actually cause you to become sensitive. So be very careful with that stuff. I mean, seriously why remove wheat PROTEIN unless you have to? It is a protein...

Changing to a healthy lifestyle is really the only way to carry any progression.

Yeah I've been doing HIIT every other day and alternating between leg/butt exercises, ab workouts and arm exercises.

I do 10-15 minutes in the morning, 15 minutes during lunch and 30-45 minutes in the evening.

I used to have abs and am really happy to see it slowly coming back now!

I've finally settled into this routine of doing 15 minutes of cardio in the morning, 30 minutes of Powerwalking during my lunch break, and 30-45 minutes of exercise at night.

Was super tempted to have some shortbread last night, but ended up resisting! I don't know, I feel like that's almost some kind of accomplishment to me, as I love to snack on processed and junk food.

Also bought the apple cider vinegar too. Made a concoction of 2 tbsp of cider, 1/4 tsp of cayenne (abit too much, my throat burnt like crazy), ginger and 1 tbsp of lemon juice last night.. It took awhile to get it down though...But I'm expecting I'll get used to it in time. Had it this morning as well, not sure how often I should drink it? I will just try to have this mixture 2 times a day, along with 3 cups of green tea.

Will update in a week's time.

A routine you can keep up almost daily for exercise is what's the most important -even if it's less time exercising or not a specific type. IMO

I walked for nearly two hours around the neighbourhood two days ago with a friend who's on a Fitbit challenge and went shopping yesterday for a few hours. I'm sure any exercise will suffice, as long as I'm consistent.

I walked for nearly two hours around the neighbourhood two days ago with a friend who's on a Fitbit challenge and went shopping yesterday for a few hours. I'm sure any exercise will suffice, as long as I'm consistent.

For myself, I needed a routine where I made sure I got at least 30 minutes of cardio a day -all at one time - and in a way which was the easiest way to maintain the routine. In my life (parent of young child/part time work) that meant getting it over with as early as possible in the daytime. Without that level of structure and planning I knew that for me, personally, I would forget or be lax about working in enough cardio every day. I don't have to power walk outside -I can do the treadmill or my DVD as a last resort - but it's always planned in advance to some extent and it's a focus of mine to get it done because my life is fairly unpredictable -my son gets sick, I have a deadline at work, my husband used to have to travel on a moment's notice, etc etc. I also was concerned about my motivation level - that if I didn't have my workout clothes ready and my water bottle and get it done ASAP in the morning I would start to be "too tired" or make up excuses.

Just sharing my perspective.

Archived