Is it too early to receive a promise ring?

Lexievoigt

I’ve been dating this guy for a little over 2 weeks and he told me today that he’s going to get me a promise ring for Christmas. I don’t know how to tell him he shouldn’t, because I don’t want to be rude about it. If I tell him I don’t want one he’ll think that I don’t want to be with him anymore. Anyways once Christmas comes around we’ll be dating for about 2 months. Is it too early in the relationship?

Thing is .....how you feel about someone after two weeks is a far cry from how you *may* feel after 6 months . I have looked at many a boyfriend and thought " Dear god I would pay good money to feel how I felt in those first wonderful weeks you bell end "

So yeah it is too early and I would tread carefully because I would take it as a red flag that someone can be sooo clingy so soon .

OP: If you are over the age of 12 then you should start practicing how to maintain personal boundaries and be able to communicate how you are actually feeling without becoming guilt ridden about it. Say something like: "I like you and I am enjoying our time together but its far too soon for you to be buying me a ring." Say something like that if you're going to stay with such a push-to-possess kind a guy.

Archived