You have a really close friend for a few years that you care about and there's always been an underlying attraction. So you decide to go for it one day, only to get rejected.

So you get angry and hurt and stop talking to her. She tries to talk to you but you act like a jerk. And then ignore her. Its a bad scene, she gets hurt and cuts contact with you.

You meet someone else, fall in love.

Time goes by.

Would you ever regret treating the friend the way you did?

You have a really close friend for a few years that you care about and there's always been an underlying attraction. So you decide to go for it one day, only to get rejected.

So you get angry and hurt and stop talking to her. She tries to talk to you but you act like a jerk. And then ignore her. Its a bad scene, she gets hurt and cuts contact with you.

Time goes by.

Yes.

Don't punish people for not reciprocating your feelings, it's called adulting.

Time goes by.

No. She'd just be dust in the wind at that point. Wouldn't waste time thinking about someone who rejected me in that way.

Well that's quite a different summary than when you were initially posting about this guy. You initially rejected his offer for FWBs and accused him of betraying you because he didn't ask you for a relationship instead.

In any case, no, I wouldn't regret it. If there was a mistake to learn from, I'd go through with that and move on. Otherwise, it'd simply be a thing of the past.

Time goes by.

Not a guy but that makes no difference. As a human I wouldn't regret going zero contact with someone I wanted more with but they did not because zero contact is the best way to get to the stage of indifference to someone. I would regret being nasty about it before going NC though if they were kind about letting me know that they were not wanting what I wanted.

Archived