Freaking annoying

Creamybutter

So i have an ex friend (we were super close until he acted like a jerk with me). He apologized but i was too hurt. Basically he tried to get physically close to me to have some no strings attached fun and i rejected him. Then he got angry and behaved very wrongly for a while with me which he admitted to later apologizing. I cut him out of my life completely after that because i lost trust and respect.

I stopped talking to him but we have a lot of mutual friends. And every single time someone brings him up, and i need to hear them tell me "oh he's not a bad guy, he's sweet, he just f*up with you" or " he was asking about how you are doing" etc.

It just annoying. It ruins my mood.

It's tough. My girlfriend at college broke up with me and during my senior year, I wound in the newspaper office while she was in the office next door with the women's group. I heard her voice every day. It tore me up. You just have to endure. You'll get over it.

Why are they assuring you he's "not that bad?" Are you complaining about him to them? They're mutual friends of both him and you, so you can't just stop them from ever bringing him up. I'm also assuming this is just a group of friends and not a dedicated fan club to the guy, so I can't imagine you having to grit your teeth through sermons and testimonies about him. Just let it be or find other friends if it really is that big a deal.

Why are they assuring you he's "not that bad?" Are you complaining about him to them? They're mutual friends of both him and you, so you can't just stop them from ever bringing him up. I'm also assuming this is just a group of friends and not a dedicated fan club to the guy, so I can't imagine you having to grit your teeth through sermons and testimonies about him. Just let it be or find other friends if it really is that big a deal.

I never talk about him.

Archived