Why did he block me?

December123

So I had been talking to this guy for about a week on Tinder, we talked a lot every day, called a few times and our conversations were always really good. He lives an hour away from me. We talked about hanging out, I said that I had Wednesday and Thursday off and he said he could come after work on Wednesday. We talked quite a lot on the Monday and called for an hour, again we had nice, funny conversations, we hung up he said "goodnight, sweet dreams" I said "sleep tight" (both texts with emojis), I message him on the Tuesday at about 5 on Whatsapp and realise he blocked me and on snapchat as well. I told him that there isn't much to do in my town, everything would be shut by the time we would be hanging out and it's freezing outside, I kinda suggested he could come to my house but my parents may be in I KNOW it was a bit weird saying that but it was either him come over to my house OR we spend hours walking around in the freezing cold in winter, if it wasn't so cold out I wouldn't have invited him over and I did explain that I feel like that's why he did it? . A friend of mine had a similar thing happen to her and the guy texted her a week later to say it was because he was so nervous that he did that so maybe he was nervous? ? But even then that's no reason to block someone. It does upset me that he did that especially since we were getting on so well, we had lots of things in common and it seemed like I was his type. He kept saying how he rrly wanted to spend time together so I just find it strange that he would do that

Without knowing him, here's my best guess.

His only goal was to get sex. Since you live with your parents, that obviously was not gonna happen.

He was probably hoping you had your own apartment, and you could head there..... for sex.

Since you don't, he sees no point in continuing to even communicate with you..... hence why he blocked.

Sorry it went like this. It's always best to meet asap rather than set up all sorts of chats and calls and social media messaging etc.

A lot of people are talking to others/ multi-dating,etc. and will set up meets perhaps with more local people first,etc.

In the future, realize that restaurants, coffee shops, etc. have heat and meet in a public place. Never give out your home address or suggest inviting them to your home even if you live in the Arctic circle. Especially at a late hour. If it's so late everything is closed, then reschedule.

It sounds like he moved on and saw no reason to stay in contact. It could have been inviting him to your house with your folks home when his entire intention with a late night meet was booty call.

I had been talking to this guy for about a week on Tinder. He lives an hour away from me. he said he could come after work on Wednesday. I message him on the Tuesday at about 5 on Whatsapp and realise he blocked me and on snapchat as well. I told him that there isn't much to do in my town, everything would be shut by the time we would be hanging out and it's freezing outside, I kinda suggested he could come to my house but my parents may be in.
Without knowing him, here's my best guess.

His only goal was to get sex. Since you live with your parents, that obviously was not gonna happen.

He was probably hoping you had your own apartment, and you could head there..... for sex.

Since you don't, he sees no point in continuing to even communicate with you..... hence why he blocked.

I'll second that, well put. Are you looking for a LTR? If so I would get off tinder asap. If not, then maybe get your own place cause tinder has a reputation of being less than a dating app if you must know

I think it was dangerous to tell a stranger where you live, much less invite him to your house - you can meet at a mall or a restaurant and get a soda, etc. Perhaps he went back to his ex and didn't want you to text him while he was with her. Who knows - until you meet in person you have no idea who the person is and after you meet in person you decide whether to go on a real date -before that it's just chatting with a stranger.

I think it was dangerous to tell a stranger where you live, much less invite him to your house - you can meet at a mall or a restaurant and get a soda, etc.

I believe she said that everything is closed down by the time he would arrive (after he finishes up work) which is why she suggested her parents' house.

Which is also why he blocked as clearly he had no interest in going a mall or a restaurant, or her parents' house, he wanted to hook up at her place for sex, but since she doesn't have her own place, he blocked her.

OP, think positive, you dodged a bullet. And saved A LOT of time by not spending any real time with a guy who only wanted sex.

I believe she said that everything is closed down by the time he would arrive (after he finishes up work) which is why she suggested her parents' house.

Which is also why he blocked as clearly he had no interest in going a mall or a restaurant, or her parents' house, he wanted to hook up at her place for sex, but since she doesn't have her own place, he blocked her.

OP, think positive, you dodged a bullet. And saved A LOT of time by not spending any real time with a guy who only wanted sex.

OK let me revise it -never meet a stranger unless you can meet in a public place.

Tinder is not recommended for general dating that could lead somewhere. It's known just for hook ups, I read online that the free sites are mainly like that.

You are lucky this guy wasn't dangerous. You should be relieved after giving your address, blocking was the worst thing he did.

Lisa

As long as we're throwing in guesses, mine is that he's got some sort of mental/social/phobia thing going. He can chat forever by messaging or even the phone but when it comes down to meeting in person that's when he pulls the plug because he just can't handle it, it's too anxiety provoking.

Tbh the reason why I wanted to snapchat and call and Skype was to make sure he was safe, I mean you can't exactly fake a Skype call. I feel like I should of waited till like January time to meet ppl and we could of met I between our towns but he offered to come all the way here so I thought whatever let's just meet here but good ideas

He's only 20 so I don't think he's married plus he has an active Facebook with lots of new posts from friends and family so I'm sure if he had a wife or girlfriend she would be on there

You have no idea if he's actually 20 -do you? And he might have a number of FB profiles.

But that's not how you ensure "safety". You meet in a public place, in the daytime and shortly after messaging.

Why? This rules out a lot of nonsense such as catfish, weirdos, time wasters who won't meet etc. You Do Not continue cyber-chatting and stall meeting.

You need to step away from the screen . Fb is not a private detective agency. Common sense will guide you much better... Stop hesitating to meet and use basic rules for first meets.

Tbh the reason why I wanted to snapchat and call and Skype was to make sure he was safe, I mean you can't exactly fake a Skype call.
You have no idea if he's actually 20 -do you? And he might have a number of FB profiles.

True. I personally know people who are in actual relationships (because I know their SO), but their Facebook profile has zero evidence of the person they're in a relationship with.

One person I know has been "engaged" for 8 years! And not a single mention or a single pic of his "fiancee"!

Please, never invite anyone to your home for the first meeting. You have no idea who this person really is, and Skype calls and a FB account are inadequate devices to get to truly know someone. Sure, you could certainly verify what he looks like through a Skype call - but that's about it. It's simply unsafe to meet anyone new in your house. If there are no public places open at that hour, you re-schedule the date for a time when they are.

Assuming he's not a deranged lunatic, my guess is that:

A) He knew sex would be unlikely in your parents' house, and that's all he was after

or

B) He is dating someone else and doesn't want your messages showing up while he's with her. Again, FB is not a reliable source to determine someone's relationship status. Think of all the filters available; he could easily prevent you (or other Tinder contacts) from seeing all of the posts/contents of his profile

I would forget about him and carry on. You dodged a bullet, whatever the reason.

True. I personally know people who are in actual relationships (because I know their SO), but their Facebook profile has zero evidence of the person they're in a relationship with.

One person I know has been "engaged" for 8 years! And not a single mention or a single pic of his "fiancee"!

I wonder if FB screws up sometimes, or takes info from other sources of people with the same name or something.

One reason why I deactivated my FB was because I noticed there were things on there about me that I never wrote!

One was a specific diet plan to lose weight that, according to me, people swore by, but I neither wrote that or even heard of that diet plan.

Not to mention if I do go on a diet, it's usually to GAIN weight, not lose.

And photos and messages from people I don't know and never met.

I think they even had my birth date wrong, and I never included my birth date.

It just got silly so I deactivated it. I just don't trust anything I see or read on FB anymore.

I wonder if FB screws up sometimes, or takes info from other sources of people with the same name or something.

One reason why I deactivated my FB was because I noticed there were things on there about me that I never wrote!

One was a specific diet plan to lose weight that, according to me, people swore by, but I neither wrote that or even heard of that diet plan.

Not to mention if I do go on a diet, it's usually to GAIN weight, not lose.

And photos and messages from people I don't know and never met.

I think they even had my birth date wrong, and I never included my birth date.

It just got silly so I deactivated it. I just don't trust anything I see or read on FB anymore.

^ I just spoke with one of my co-workers about this, and she said it's also possible someone hacked into my account.

It's deactivated now, but jesus!

I can't stand FB.

Tbh the reason why I wanted to snapchat and call and Skype was to make sure he was safe, I mean you can't exactly fake a Skype call. I feel like I should of waited till like January time to meet ppl and we could of met I between our towns but he offered to come all the way here so I thought whatever let's just meet here but good ideas

You have no idea if the person who was going to come to your house was the same person as the one on Skype or how many people were going to come to your house.

Archived