How would you go about this?

CasualDude10

So I met this girl two weekends ago when she joined a group of friends and I at a lake house in northern michigan. We are all 20-21 year old college students so we were partying on the boat, drinking, water skiing, tubing, etc. Prior to going up north, she added me on all of my social medias. Then, on the boat, I noticed she kept sitting by me and genteelly touching my leg when she would stand up and walk away. When we sobered up we talked a little bit and then just hung out with everyone and had a good time.

Last weekend, me, two of my friends (the ones with connections to why I met this girl), her, and two of her friends went up north to her grandparents house, which was also on a lake. We did the same thing, and I noticed again when we were drinking she was showing interest by constantly sitting by me and doing the same thing and then smiling after it. She also had a friend up there who was sitting by me and taking my phone (doing flirty stuff) and it seemed like it bothered her. When we were sober, we talked privately 2-3 times where she told me some pretty personal stuff about herself. I also got to know her grandparents pretty well because I would go talk to them by myself.

The night we got back I texted her thanking her for the invite and I had a good time. I tried a couple times to end the convo to not text to much and kill attraction. But she would bring up a new topic for conversation and now we've been texting for the past couple of days. She even would snapchat me 24/7.

The reason I am posting this post, is because to me it seems like she is attracted to me. (Do you agree?) The problem is, over the past 12 hours her texts went from her being hot onto me and responding quickly, to her now taking 3 hours to respond (I know she could be busy but when she was busy earlier she was texting me right away) I take this as a red flag.

I do not have a problem with this at all for I do not need/demand attention 24/7. In fact, I usually do not text all the time, but the relationships that I have found success in, its the relationships I did text.

Her and I are set to meet up with our groups of friends next weekend at a country music festival and then the following weekend her and I and a few friends are going to Winsdor and getting a hotel room.

I do not know what to do about this. She just texted me back after 4 hours. I do not know if I should wait longer, text back, or not text at all. I am interested in this girl, not in love or anything, just want some advice and opinions outside my own head.

(Key points I forgot to talk about: The first being she was stoked that I showed interest in her grandparents. She is very close to them because she doesnt have a good relationship with her parents. The other is I heard my friend say that her and this other dude hangout alot, and she seems to be interested in him. But he doesn't show interest in her, so they do not think they are going to workout. The last, is we are from neighboring hometowns, she still lives and goes to college there, and I go to college an hour away)

This is a much better indicator of interest than text times. Respond to her texts and keep it focused on how you're looking forward to seeing her etc.

Her and I are set to meet up with our groups of friends next weekend at a country music festival and then the following weekend her and I and a few friends are going to Winsdor and getting a hotel room.

It sounds like she could be interested in you. I would lay off the throttle. If you go in hot, you'll crash and burn.

I hope she isn't playing games. (i.e. allowing you to chase her.) Some girls like that, and the attention. Keep that in mind.

Also, try and get together with her, sans the alcohol. I would hate for all of her interest, flirtation etc. to have been fueled by Capt. Morgan.

Forget texting. I would call her directly and ask to hang out. Something casual. Unless she has some sort of social anxiety, then this might tell you a lot.

Good luck.

This is a much better indicator of interest than text times. Respond to her texts and keep it focused on how you're looking forward to seeing her etc.

Check that. See how the festival goes. If all goes well, then ask her to hang out. Keep us posted.

Usually, there is a window of opportunity to ask someone out on a date before they lose interest

She's interested. Outside of hitting you over the head and dragging you into her bedroom there's not much more interest she can show.

So ask her on a date NOW

PS

Lions suck

Is she interested in you? YES Not sure how you can type all that out and not see she is.

The slower response in texts is probably because a friend of hers told her to back off a little and not show so much interest. You are falling into that same game now.

It looks like there is a week before you all meet up again so just call her up and I do mean CALL as in use the voice function of your phone and ask her out to dinner. Meet half way or you drive there, have dinner and get to know each other better.

She is probably wondering why you haven't asked her out yet since she gave you plenty of signals.

Just do it!

Lost

Thanks everyone for your input. We barely talked today at all and I am not sure how she feels. I think I am going to lay low until the festival and see how she acts there. If she contacts me or seems into me there, I will more than likely ask her out on a date.

I feel like I am about to sound old, but what is going on with young men?

In my day, when a guy liked you he asked you out. He didn't passively text you and try to measure your interest by response time and all this nonsense.

Jesus, ask her out. The worst she can say is no and then you can move on.

Thanks everyone for your input. We barely talked today at all and I am not sure how she feels. I think I am going to lay low until the festival and see how she acts there. If she contacts me or seems into me there, I will more than likely ask her out on a date.

You're blowing it. Fate favors the bold. Chicks don't like wimpy and wishy washy. The longer you wait, the less chance she says yes. Sure, there's a chance she says no, but so what. I can guarantee one thing though and that's that your procrastination is giving you less of a shot with every second.

And a Packers fan??? I think not. I cheer for the greatest football franchise in history, the Denver Broncos.

Excuse me.....Broncos??? The Steelers are the greatest lest we forget the number of rings, playoff wins and consistency excluding the early years when they were a doormat of course.

Back the OP.

Clinton is right. She is going to start thinking you are playing games with her and her attitude towards you is going to go sour. Ask her out to something simple like coffee or lunch. It is pretty obvious her interest in you is not building each day so you need to step up now. Today is Friday so give her a call during lunch and ask her out for Saturday or tonight.

Be brave, she won't bite.

Lost

Excuse me.....Broncos??? The Steelers are the greatest lest we forget the number of rings, playoff wins and consistency excluding the early years when they were a doormat of course.

Back the OP.

Clinton is right. She is going to start thinking you are playing games with her and her attitude towards you is going to go sour. Ask her out to something simple like coffee or lunch. It is pretty obvious her interest in you is not building each day so you need to step up now. Today is Friday so give her a call during lunch and ask her out for Saturday or tonight.

Be brave, she won't bite.

Lost

Pittsburgh, I refuse to acknowledge your number of championships as the sole criteria for greatest franchise of all time. Because if I did that I'd have to acknowledge that the Yankees were better than the Red Sox or the Celtics were better than the Lakers. And that sir, I will not do

I'm not a 21 year old....but I am a woman.

If I like a guy enough to text him and contact him daily and several times a day I like him. If he isn't showing me that he likes me as well, by communicating with me and by taking the initiative then I'm going to lose interest - and FAST.

She is already starting to lose interest you need to do something. I say either call her (yes actually use the phone for the thing it was invented to do *gasp*) or at least initiate contact with her to set up a 1 on 1 date. Even if it is to suggest that you two grab a bite together before the music festival or something. Give the girl a reason to stay interested or she's going to move on.

UPDATE ON THE SITUATION

So the day after this post, she texted me and began contacting me a lot again. So after a while, I asked her about the other guy my buddy said he thought she was seeing. Here is how is went.

Me: So I meant to ask you this sooner, but are you and (dudes name) dating>

Her: Negative

Me: Talking?

Her: I mean idk if we've got that far but kind idk really

Me: Alright well usually I would call and ask, but I was wondering if you were available sometime next week to grab dinner?

Her: Aww well I would love to! But honestly I don't know what the situation with (dudes name) and I and I do not want to be a two timer. I like you and I think you're a great guy so I am gonna talk to (dudes name) and figure out what we are I guess then we can reevaluate the situation

Her: But I am really glad that you asked

Me: You know, I really respect that and I am the same way.

Her: Thank you for understanding

Me: Yeah no problem

Her: Plus you already have the in because my grandparents love you

And then we continued to talked for a little, but as the past couple days have gone on, we have gotten more distance/taking longer to respond. And today I have not contacted her yet and she has not contacted me.

So do you guys think I should not contact her and wait for her to contact me or just move on?

Well, it seems like she WANTS something with the other guy. So, given that alone, I would step aside and look for someone else. If she reaches out and tells you she's not interested in him, that's fine. But don't reach out to her anymore.

Good that you both were upfront though!!!

Well, it seems like she WANTS something with the other guy. So, given that alone, I would step aside and look for someone else. If she reaches out and tells you she's not interested in him, that's fine. But don't reach out to her anymore.

Good that you both were upfront though!!!

Well, she texted me Hi

cant just ignore her

Archived