What should I do?

Sabrinaxxx

I have been getting to know this guy for like 1 months now, we have met up like 4 times, haven't kissed yet. I met his siblings at a party etc, he said he really likes me, feels like love etc, he knows I am beginning to like him.I suggested to meet up with him last minute one day, suggesting to go to the park, because he likes parks, he agrees, I get ready ,he texts wait for abit, b4 you leave, his dog has run out. I waited an hour, no updates, I called, no answer, sent text to see if everything was OK? I hear from him 4 hours later 6pm, texting me sorry, fell asleep. I didn't know what to say, I was shocked. He messages me next day , so are you mad at me? I asked do you want me to be? He said no, I said ok, then texts me kisses, I replied whatever, then he said fine! The next day I text him going, I thought you really like me, but I guess I was wrong, take care. And blocked him quickly, so he couldn't reply at that time. Now I don't know what to do, I don't think I was harsh ...but I haven't heard nothing, I did end it as don't bother, but he should at least try....

I suggested to meet up with him last minute one day, suggesting to go to the park, because he likes parks, he agrees, I get ready ,he texts wait for abit, b4 you leave, his dog has run out. I waited an hour, no updates, I called, no answer, sent text to see if everything was OK? I hear from him 4 hours later 6pm, texting me sorry, fell asleep. I didn't know what to say, I was shocked. He messages me next day , so are you mad at me?.

His excuse was feeble at best and then he claims he fell asleep? And all this time he leaves you waiting to meet up at the park? He expects you to believe "he fell asleep"? Is this guy for real?

I would head for the hills. You can do a LOT better. Don't waste anymore time or energy on this one. Move on.

What should you do?

Stop playing games, for a start!

If you're annoyed with him for not turning up when he said he would - which is completely understandable - tell him you were annoyed. If you tell someone "don't bother", don't be surprised if they, er, don't bother. If you block someone, don't be surprised if you don't get messages from them.

WHY should he try? All the messages you've sent him are variations of "get lost", and healthy people wouldn't be hassling you after all that.

I doubt you'll get together with this guy, but in future - love yourself enough to know that it's OK to be angry with someone who's treated you inconsiderately, and be honest about it. Don't punish people - just be honest about your feelings, and OK people will respect you for it. Sure, there are people out there who can't cope with it - but you really don't want to be around them.

Thanks , I gave him a day or two to open up to what he did, he knew he did something wrong, otherwise why would he ask so, are you mad at me? If you are going to fall asleep on someone, at least let a person know...I didn't text him don't bother, but he had many chances to say something more about the obvious thing he did...I don't understand how someone who expressed that he likes me so much and wants to see me everyday can suddenly behave like that. I just found it weird.

Yes, his behaviour was completely unacceptable and you have every right to be angry with him. And, yes, he realised both those things.

You needn't ask yourself WHY he behaved like that, just that he did, and recognise that this says something about the kind of guy he is. Not someone you're going to have a relationship with.

However, what I said earlier still stands. Don't play games. Be true to yourself, and you'll attract people with more integrity than this loser.

I have been getting to know this guy for like 1 months now, we have met up like 4 times, haven't kissed yet. I met his siblings at a party etc, he said he really likes me, feels like love etc, he knows I am beginning to like him.I suggested to meet up with him last minute one day, suggesting to go to the park, because he likes parks, he agrees, I get ready ,he texts wait for abit, b4 you leave, his dog has run out. I waited an hour, no updates, I called, no answer, sent text to see if everything was OK? I hear from him 4 hours later 6pm, texting me sorry, fell asleep. I didn't know what to say, I was shocked. He messages me next day , so are you mad at me? I asked do you want me to be? He said no, I said ok, then texts me kisses, I replied whatever, then he said fine! The next day I text him going, I thought you really like me, but I guess I was wrong, take care. And blocked him quickly, so he couldn't reply at that time. Now I don't know what to do, I don't think I was harsh ...but I haven't heard nothing, I did end it as don't bother, but he should at least try....

Did I miss something, or did he changed "excuses" in mid-stream? He went from going after the dog (couple of minutes), to falling asleep. Then he goes into child-mode with the "are you mad at me" whine?

Good that you didn't waste any further time on him. If I would have screwed up like that (which I wouldn't), I would at the very least called back with a date invite to an expensive restaurant, or your favorite eatery. He does lack common sense.

Oh wow! Text messaging is the problem? Why can't people just talk it out instead??

How about you tone down your ego abet? He obviously knew that he missed up and asked you a simple question to see how "far gone" the relations is between the two. But instead you answered with a question (and a confusing one in fact) that he has to guess what state you're in? And then replied that he doesn't want you to be.

Saying "whatever" clearly shows that you are ready for battle, and he doesn't want no part of it by saying "fine" (ending it there).

Then you hit him up later with a statement that wasn't even so? (Far from it to be exact!) it was a question! And that it couldn't be answered because you block him! (How logical is that?)

I am not surprised by his actions right now, because he just doesn't want to deal with someone so negative! (Nor any man for that fact!)

If you want to end it that way? Then so be it. Because he's not going to hit you back for a while or not at all.

The only way to fix this? Is to communicate about each others misunderstandings. Then you can go on from their? Ether by continuing the relationship or not... Good luck with it.

Most laughable excuse I've heard for standing someone up - yes I consider you stood up since you were pretty much ready to head out the door and was waiting for his go-ahead after his dog excuse..and kept waiting for 4 more hours!

His message was immature, sounds like he's a teenager. Your approach is immature too. I would've responded to his "are you mad" with "No, I'm simply no longer interested in continuing dating someone who clearly have no respect for my time or my intelligence. Cya." Then block.

You both sound young. Let it be a life lesson for you - you will meet many many in this life time whose words don't match their actions. Only date those whose words and actions are consistent.

He stood you up and you blocked him...game over. Hopefully you will be able to arrange more organized dates with guys who are more reliable.

we have met up like 4 times. I suggested to meet up with him last minute one day. he texts wait for abit, hear from him 4 hours later 6pm, texting me sorry, fell asleep. blocked him quickly

Archived