I want to let her go, but I must live with her for 4 more weeks

We broke up before we left our origin country. I came to North America and she went to Europe, both for 12 months of study. Initially she felt insecure and alone and she wanted my presence just as if we were still dating. After a while she kind of settled there and made friends and started going out very often, which is good but she kinda kicked me after that. I felt very used and unhappy. Next month I'm going to visit her in europe, because we agreed on doing that long ago, and because all hotels and airflights are all set. I'm not sure that will be good for me. I want closure, and to move on. I kind of still love her, but when I think of her I feel more pain than anything else. I'm afraid that it will be hard to see her everyday next month knowing that she doesn't want me anymore. I keep thinking we will probably have sex and we'll regret it right after.

Once you break up, you owe the person nothing, and need to do what is right for your mental health. Most people don't even stay friends with their exes, let alone go on vacations wtih them.

You can try to get your money back even if you have to lose some on cancellation fees. Encourage her to find some other friend to go with her and split her costs, but tell her that it is just not working for you trying to be friends with her now that the relationship is over, so she needs to find someone else to vacation with. Don't be her doormat and go just because she wants someone to foot half the cost of hotels.

I agree with you all, and it was a stupid idea to begin with (I guess my mother was right to be concerned hahaha). But I'll lose a lot of money.. I like to think I'll be strong and handle it like a man. I like to think I'll see her as a friend and nothing more, that we'll hangout like friends do and be happy with it. But past experience says otherwise, the only moments in my life where I've lost control of my emotions involved this girl.

Additionally, I would love to go on a vacation with someone else. Before I came here I traveled alone to a couple of places and it was a very lonely experience, I'd rather have someone to share my travels with next time.

Archived