Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Starting Over....again.

faraday

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image removed

That's not me. I'm standing on the sidewalk, looking further down that block...the lady in the pic was on the sidewalk ahead of us. There are no bushes along there...that's all downed trees. It's CRAZY!

I can't believe people are walking under them lol. We walked out onto the road whenever there was a big tree above us....death by tree....not cool lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

image removed we walked accross the street to clementines best friends house...this is her tree. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 11 degrees here....it's going to be crazy melting lol.

I'm guessing jay won't be flying in tonight....30,000 people are out power...who knows though.

Oh, it's always so hard on the trees when the first snowfall hits while the leaves are all still on the trees... they just can't handle the weight of the snow piling up on the leaves without breaking.

Ugh, i think they are predicting a bad winter here in the U.S. as well. Last year was horrendous... I feel like all i did was shovel, shovel, shovel!

Jay and I had some big talks about what we both want. We debated breaking up.

He's not sure if he'll be ready for kids in the time span I have...he's scared. He feels like he's not ready. I told him no one is ever ready and the people that think they are, generally think that out of ignorance. Parenthood is terrifying. I'm scared of having another child. That seemed to satisfy him. I think he thought...people don't have doubts or fears about being parents...and that's just not how it works. The best parents I know are the ones that really thought about it, and work on themselves, and evaluate themselves regularly....I know I worry I suck at parenting on a regular basis...but my daughter is growing and thriving...and becoming a thoughtful, empathetic, kind human...so I think it's going pretty good...despite my own misgivings.

We talked about the marriage thing...and he said he's not ready to decide today (which is good, because I'm not ready either) but he understands my timeline, and we've decided to see how the next 6 months go.

He knows now what I want from my life (with or without him)...and he hasn't run away....so I think that's good.

It was a bit awkward for a day after that talk...but things seem to be back to normal.

I've been sick (again)...and he got the stomach flu on Sunday...so I didn't hear much from him the last few days...but I woke up this morning and he was in my bed

In other news...my kittens have been adopted. I have two new ones They're orange. I'll post pics of them later.

Did you guys include roommate talks at all? Sounds like a good sign he didn't run as DF said...and pretty big talks already. Is it too soon, perhaps, but then again you don't want to be wasting time. I am no angel myself, I may have kind of sort of slipped in a joke about how a theoretical love child of ours would have amazing calf genetics. (We both have great calves, sorry to sound like a douche) I think I am a snag crazy for even mentioning it and wonder if she received it at all like wow he actually said that, but whatever it came out.

I think it was good to have that talk with Jay. It was early to have that talk....but if he's just in this for fun, I needed to know....and he needed to know that I'm serious....it was good to check in. I've never had one of those conversations with him...and now that we've had that talk, I'm okay with letting things ride out and see where they go. I won't bring up anything we talked about until I make a decision in March.

The other morning, Jay was saying good bye to the two kitties that were going to their forever homes...and he said "goodbye Helena, I love you." And I almost threw a pillow at him. I laughed and I do find it funny.,,but seriously? Lol. What a dork!!

I don't think it was particularly early or anything and I'm glad you had it. Even if you had a talk like that before the 6 month mark, I still don't think it's early. Of course, everyone does things differently and even though I don't have a relationship timeline for myself, I prefer to lay out my cards early on. Talking about the future is a GOOD thing! It's not like you're making wedding plans, telling him what your ring size is, and what your kids names will be (although some people do like to do that and that's okay too as long as they are on the same page and not rushing forward into anything)...but I see it only as a positive thing for a couple to discuss what they are looking for in the future. So I'm glad you guys laid it out.

Ya I also don't think it was too early. It gets different when you are older too, I find things move faster, less waffling--more talking and planning. No one wants to waste time.

I laughed and I do find it funny.,,but seriously? Lol. What a dork!!

Whaaaat? He sounds really sweet! This sort of stuff melts my heart

Ya I also don't think it was too early. It gets different when you are older too, I find things move faster, less waffling--more talking and planning. No one wants to waste time.

Whaaaat? He sounds really sweet! This sort of stuff melts my heart

Not a dork for loving the cat, I love he cat too...he's a dork because "it takes him a really long time to love someone" and he doesn't love me 6 1/2 months in...but he loves the cat that he's met 3 times *eye roll*

Archived