Suffered an early miscarriage. Feeling lost.

SapphireNoir10

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats redrose!!!

I think there is a happy medium is sharing the news.

We kept right lipped when I was pregnant the first time and the isolation I felt when I miscarried was unbearable. No one knew I was pregnant and then no one knew when I miscarried (except a few people who had to know)

The next time around I wasn't blurting it out to the world but I was a little more willing to pass it along in case I endured another miscarriage which I was at risk for. I couldn't go through suffering In silence again. Once we cleared 12 weeks we shared it openly.

I think the toughest thing about the first trimester is feeling isolated. I thought I'd be dying to tell everyone, but I'm feeling protective, and combined with having low energy, I just feel like going into hiding a little bit.

Just catching up now. CONGRATS!!!! Wishing you guys the best.

Thanks Annie

My bosses knew right after they got back last Monday. Like I said, my female boss took one look at me and knew, and my male boss said he thought I was as well, but unlike her, he didn't want to be nosey lol. I told him in our meeting and he's very supportive and open to whatever we choose.

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking from the start of the thread how far we have all come! Babies that have been born! Pregnancies...who would think so much positivity could come from such a sad time.

I also find comfort that this thread can help others going through a sad situation.

Received so much support from all you lovely people I'm not sure I would have gotten through it as well without you all.

Little man is 2 and a half now and little lady is nearly 7 months old!! Life is hectic but perfect and I feel so blessed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies! I'm back to work after a too-short, too-fast maternity leave with our sweet peanut, but it gives me a minute to check in with all of you! I am so thrilled to see good news from every direction.

Redrose, congratulations on your big news! And Sapphire, I'm so glad to see things are going well with your little minis.

Our bundle stormed on in January 19th at 6 lbs, 13 oz! My water broke at 2 AM and, at 1:24 PM, here comes Fallon Rose!

It is so tough being away from her now that I'm working again, but I honestly enjoy every darn minute with this girl, right down to the middle-of-the-night feedings. She is so awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how you manage with such a short maternity leave! I couldn't imagine going back to work after 8-12 weeks!

My little one turns a year (!!!!) at the end of this month and it's back to work for me and I am dreading it!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know how you manage with such a short maternity leave! I couldn't imagine going back to work after 8-12 weeks!

My little one turns a year (!!!!) at the end of this month and it's back to work for me and I am dreading it!

I'm not going to lie. My heart hurts while I'm at work. It's very difficult to be away from her, especially on slower days when I have spare time to look through the hundreds of pictures and giggling videos I have on my phone. American maternity leave is seriously appalling.

About a month ago, my husband and I decided that I would stop working Fridays, so that I can have 3 straight days home with her. So now that it's all arranged with my workplace, I'm much less stressed. It's making the work week feel more manageable and it'll give me a little more fluidity with baby girl. I know I wouldn't have the patience to be a full-time stay-at-home Mom, but being away from her 50+ hours per week feels awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

It's awful you've had to go back to work so soon. I dropped a couple of days when I went back after my first maternity leave it makes leaving them more bearable.

I can't believe maternity leave is so bad in the US. We get a year with 9 months paid 3 months unpaid and you can decide how long you are off.

I'm back soon and I'm dreading it. I should focus more on how lucky I am to have had this time with them both.

• 1 month later...
Hope everyone is doing well!

Life's busy with a baby!! Or more like a full blown walking toddler creating chaos everywhere I go

I am also 6 weeks pregnant with baby #2!! Apparently much easier getting pregnant second time around and happened first shot! So here's hoping for a successful pregnancy.

Life's busy with a baby!! Or more like a full blown walking toddler creating chaos everywhere I go

I am also 6 weeks pregnant with baby #2!! Apparently much easier getting pregnant second time around and happened first shot! So here's hoping for a successful pregnancy.

Congrats!!

Congratulations, Asti!!

I hope life is going wonderfully for all of you ladies.

Baby girl is 5 and half months old this week and is just peachy. We still haven't gotten the sleeping thing down perfectly, but my Lord, she is so much fun.

My husband and I can entertain her so easily now, and I think her laughing cracks me up more than anything.

I was gradually weaning her off of nursing since pumping at work was starting to yield peanuts. And last week, she BIT me. So, needless to say, that was the decided final day of breastfeeding.

I can't lie, it was just today, I had a little scare that I might be pregnant again. My periods have just returned in the last 2 months, but each time, I've gotten nauseous. Last month, I chalked it up to my hormones getting back on track, but this morning, I woke up and felt that I was going to throw up. So I used a leftover pregnancy test, which was negative. Whew!

I want a second, but don't think I could manage two so close together. I thought to myself if I was actually pregnant, I'd get the Mirena put in as soon as the baby popped out. Haha.

Congratulations Asti that is wonderful news. There is just under two years between my two and it has been hard work but SO worth it. She is just getting to the age where she is playing with him and they are amusing eachother which is SO nice to watch.

Pregnancy scares are terrifying! Although another baby would be a blessing we just aren't in the place to afford one or give a third one a good enough life.

You sound like you are doing fab

• 6 months later...

Archived