Boyfriend confessed to cheating

LonelyGirl10

Maybe it is all a conspiracy theory and I have completely lost my mind. Regardless, the fact that I'm thinking these things means that I don't trust him at all. And I shouldn't be with someone I don't trust. So, question for you. I had been giving him mixed signals about maybe doing counseling. Let's say that I am crazy and he didn't create a profile on here... should I email him to tell him that I've decided it's over for good? Or just never respond to him again? I feel like if he's not stalking me on here and I'm overreacting, that I owe that to him. But I don't know. I'm so confused.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it is all a conspiracy theory and I have completely lost my mind. Regardless, the fact that I'm thinking these things means that I don't trust him at all. And I shouldn't be with someone I don't trust. So, question for you. I had been giving him mixed signals about maybe doing counseling. Let's say that I am crazy and he didn't create a profile on here... should I email him to tell him that I've decided it's over for good? Or just never respond to him again? I feel like if he's not stalking me on here and I'm overreacting, that I owe that to him. But I don't know. I'm so confused.

You don't owe him ish!!!

LG you and Amanda aren't the only one who's bells ran off with posts from those two members.

When I read SB's posts I thought "OK, she probably didn't read the whole story and is speaking from her experiences" but when Faith showed up I told my bf how odd it was that out of 200 posts 2 women with almost same experiences showed up.

Ether that or your story of this crazy stalker ex made us all paranoid.

The posting activity is odd, to say the least.

However, in no uncertain terms should you say anything to him. I don't see how you are giving him mixed signals, but you don't need therapy. He does.

You owe him nothing --- he is a liar, a cheater and a manipulator. Do not contact him at all.

The posting activity is odd, to say the least.

However, in no uncertain terms should you say anything to him. I don't see how you are giving him mixed signals, but you don't need therapy. He does.

You owe him nothing --- he is a liar, a cheater and a manipulator. Do not contact him at all.

And tell him if he contacts you EVER again, makes any fake emails or internet accounts, shows up at your job or house, that you WILL file charges against him!!!

I can't help but to be upset now. I never claimed to retain all the information I read. I read all of LG's post on this forum yes, But I didn't read every single post by every other person on here. I did read all the posts from the last few days from all users on here and basically of them are saying the same thing. And yes I did go back and look at her other posts when you accused me. It wasn't hard information to find. What is the point of even posting a different opinion on here when everybody else is gonna scream at you for doing so? I thought these forums were about offering advice, experiences, and trying to help people.

I'm sorry for even posting on this thread now. I wish you the best of luck healing LG. I will remove myself from this thread.

I think that regardless if you are the ex or not (and no one is intentionally trying to attack you if you aren't), I think this relationship is OVER.

I think your post ultimately opened LG's eyes to see that this really will never work and she needs to move on and fight Mr. Right.

So don't be upset. You posting on here actually helped her

And tell him if he contacts you EVER again, makes any fake emails or internet accounts, shows up at your job or house, that you WILL file charges against him!!!

The internet is a public forum. You cannot file charges against someone for offering advice thru a public forum.

And you don't "tell him" anything. You simply don't contact him.

I can't help but to be upset now. I never claimed to retain all the information I read. I read all of LG's post on this forum yes, But I didn't read every single post by every other person on here. I did read all the posts from the last few days from all users on here and basically of them are saying the same thing. And yes I did go back and look at her other posts when you accused me. It wasn't hard information to find. What is the point of even posting a different opinion on here when everybody else is gonna scream at you for doing so? I thought these forums were about offering advice, experiences, and trying to help people.

I'm sorry for even posting on this thread now. I wish you the best of luck healing LG. I will remove myself from this thread.

If you're a real person, I do apologize. Your thread is actually not as suspicious to me as SB's thread is. SB knew stuff that I hadn't posted in this thread. I guess it's possible that she went back and read all my old threads from January, but it doesn't make sense to me why she would do that. Your thread was mainly suspicious because it came so soon after SB's thread. And yes, this forum is about helping people. If your story is real, then I'm glad it worked out for you. And it's possible that my ex isn't a crazy stalker, but I think I've realized that all my trust is just completely gone. I don't know how rebuild that since I'm thinking that he's creating fake profiles. So, if you're real, thank you for helping. If you're my ex, I think you're crazy.

It's not personal, we just hate her ex lol

I think that it is possible that the "Christian/religious" mindset may make for some commonality in the way they express themselves.

That a true and full confession must be made in order to make amends, etc. That infidelity can be over come by faith and commitment, etc.

That is their mindset. I daresay, it is not yours. Regardless, there is no trust...and no going back.

I don't want to take the thread off topic but I wanted to say that I also found the 2 posters suddenly showing up with similar stories suspicious and almost made a joke about it. I wonder if a moderator can check the IP address and find out. In addition to everything else that seemed too coincidental, both SB's and FaithLove's posts were lacking spaces between paragraphs before LG pointed it out.

Either way, I'm glad that something good came out of it if LG realized that it's impossible to have a healthy relationship with this person again. Hope you remain strong, LG! And if this was, in fact, your ex making fake accounts, this is becoming really disturbing and you should seriously consider asking him to stop contacting you and filing harassment charges if he continues.

About 15 minutes after I posted asking whether I should contact him again, he texted me what's below. I hadn't heard from him since 7am when he said he would give me space. It's weird, right?? I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it, cause I was starting to feel crazy.

Him: I sent you an email earlier. I'm not sure if you read it yet or not but I am trying to give you some space. I don't know what is going through your mind. If you're still thinking about possibly trying to work things out and just waiting to speak to your counselor but I would like to talk to you some about it. I'll do what you need but I would like to know what's going on.

You hadn't heard from him since 7am today, and he said he was going to give you space? For 7 hours?

Please, please, please...stop being in contact with him. Delete emails without reading, same for texts.

He has no right to know what is going on.

SB3 -- while you are entitled to your opinion, I cannot for the life of me see how you see him as "being honest"....he is unburdening himself, prostrating himself in order to make amends....for himself. He clearly has little to no regard for her --- or the other woman he stalked.

LonelyGirl10, how would you define "space" and "not contacting"? You are keeping the drama (and turmoil) alive whenever you receive his messages, ponder about contacting him, responding to him. Do you prefer it this way? Do you feel like a victim, or that you are choosing this?

About 15 minutes after I posted asking whether I should contact him again, he texted me what's below. I hadn't heard from him since 7am when he said he would give me space. It's weird, right?? I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it, cause I was starting to feel crazy.

Him: I sent you an email earlier. I'm not sure if you read it yet or not but I am trying to give you some space. I don't know what is going through your mind. If you're still thinking about possibly trying to work things out and just waiting to speak to your counselor but I would like to talk to you some about it. I'll do what you need but I would like to know what's going on.

It's true that some couples are able to repair damage from an affair (we did so, early in our relationship, in fact) but not enough time has passed that anyone can know he is truly trying to be honest. All we know is he is trying to get her back, and that he has lied repeatedly, and repeatedly manipulated, and still is.

Anyway, one doesn't "try" to be honest. One is, or one is not.

To be honest with you, I also thought stephaniebunn3 and FaithHopeLove were the same person because they both wrote in the same unusual no paragraph style. I felt like I was reading posts from the same person as they had the same views and writing styles, plus they were both new and choose this thread to both start posting on so you're not the only one who felt suspicious. It's not just you.

But the bottomline is...I can't fathom anyone arguing so much in favor for a guy who you're not even married to or have any children with....It makes no sense to try to repair something that is so damaged.

This guy just wasn't a cheater, he has been extremlely manipulative...and as Christian, I take offense to him using religion and God in order to manipulate you.

The fact that he has the capabilities to stalk women when he doesn't get his way is a sure fire sign that he is not someone you should be spending your life with...

Archived