The "getting back together support thread"!!

loulou37

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe fully in second chances. I also believe in being positive and putting out positive thoughts. A thread like this in a sea of despair seems okay. Hope is good. I have hopes. We all have hopes. As long as we also move forward and fulfill other hopes it's all good. I do agree with TT that the whole 'dump/ed/er/ee' mentality isn't great and can become a victim mentality. (but what other words are there?!) No one wants to be the subject of pity or be a victim. Anyway I don't see this thread as beaming with false hopes or delusion. Just a breather from the gloom and doom of a BU.

Moderator Note: Members of ENA are free to express their opinions providing they do so respectfully and within the rules. The fact that someone creates a thread does not give them the right to also create rules about who may respond and what they may choose to say on that thread. If you don't agree you can discuss why, but please don't challenge anyone's right to offer an opinion or ask them not to post because you don't like what they say on this or other threads. Above all, keeps your posts respectful otherwise the thread will be closed.

yes the sun is shining here ....my garden looks beautiful ....

need to pop out so will have a look at those links later loulou ..

how did the interview go gilly ?

here is a link for a beautiful site that I use ..there is loads to read and to see and the illustrations are fabulous

hope its to some of your tastes

link removed

My Interview went great thanks

I've just been to the gym too. Tool all my anger at myself and my mistakes out on the punch bag and the cross trainer lol

I really do live in hope that he will give me a chance. I have to keep telling myself calm, patience and growth.

Thanks guys since I found here I feel the ups and downs of the day seem to ease a little

Just thought i'd post this..a view from the other side of the pond...

This is the first in a series that is created to potentially de-mystify some of the thoughts in the mind of a dumper.

For a decade now (nearly) I’ve seen the shock, hurt, confusion, and anguish that dumpees go through following a break up. What has been less apparent over these years is the other side of the story…The one from the person who has chosen, for whatever reason to walk away…There are always two sides to every relationship and every break up too.

The rest you can read here... link removed

I am heading out to see my ex for dinner. I extended an olive branch to her a few days ago and told her I'd love to talk to her when she is ready. She texted me back and asked if we could meet for dinner tonight. I'm not sure what to expect, but on both sides there is still interest. The timing just wasn't good. I know she will be cautious to not get too close, but the fact that she wanted to meet me is encouraging. I honestly didn't think she'd want to even talk for quite a while.

We are meeting in an hour and I am nervous as heck.

~dig

I am heading out to see my ex for dinner. I extended an olive branch to her a few days ago and told her I'd love to talk to her when she is ready. She texted me back and asked if we could meet for dinner tonight. I'm not sure what to expect, but on both sides there is still interest. The timing just wasn't good. I know she will be cautious to not get too close, but the fact that she wanted to meet me is encouraging. I honestly didn't think she'd want to even talk for quite a while.

~dig

Great news Dig!! Just heed your own advice and things will work out great!! Should be here in Indy. City has been rockin' all week!!

oh dig

I hope you have a fab night ..nerves aside of course ..

Thank you! I simply told her that I wanted to hear how she was doing. She did this for me, I think ... I had things I needed to face alone (dealing with some post-divorce emotions). I know this was hard for her too, although at the time I said some nasty things because she seemed to make it so easy.

This is more about "building bridges" tonight (a term a dear friend on here used ). I am so nervous because I just don't know what to expect.

It will be fun, I'm sure. We always have fun together.

~dig

~dig

Cool beans Digs. Don't over think it, go with the flow, and relax! Keep your expectations intact. I know how challenging that can be. But if you be yourself and not worry about a 'future', you'll be fine. Have fun!

Cool beans Digs. Don't over think it, go with the flow, and relax! Keep your expectations intact. I know how challenging that can be. But if you be yourself and not worry about a 'future', you'll be fine. Have fun!

Thank you dude ... you know I appreciate that from you ...

I am hoping to just repair some of the damage from the post break-up stuff. I'd like to start building bridges. I'm a couple beers in so am feeling a little more relaxed. lol

morning everyone

keep the sunshine in your hearts and the fat lady from singing

dig ...put us out our misery ...how did it go

Good morning S/Star yea we are being spoiled with the sunshine eh! bloody cold though lol....

I think it will be a bit before we find out what happened with dig, he's not in the UK.

Hope everyone has a good weekend...keep smiling guys!!

loulou x

I wish these American people would try and keep our hours loulou haha

I am sat looking out at my garden on rat watch !!

I have two ringed doved pigeons come to feed , two big wood pigeons ..a robin , a hand full of chaffinches and loads of sparrows , starlings , two magpies and two black birds .......a squirrel and a hedgehog when she wakes up ...

and now

a rat the size of a donkey ..

I don't want to kill the rat ..so I sit here and if I see it start the scale the post for the bird house I am out there ..it runs , I shout and this goes on all day ..

I will have to call environmental health ..

forgive me if I am wrong ..but if there is one rat ...am I right in thinking there is another 500 where that came from !

and rat experts here

I have two ringed doved pigeons come to feed , two big wood pigeons ..a robin , a hand full of chaffinches and loads of sparrows , starlings , two magpies and two black birds .......a squirrel and a hedgehog when she wakes up ...

and now

I don't want to kill the rat ..so I sit here and if I see it start the scale the post for the bird house I am out there ..it runs , I shout and this goes on all day ..

forgive me if I am wrong ..but if there is one rat ...am I right in thinking there is another 500 where that came from !

and rat experts here

Probably not the best place to post this...I just have a question for everyone on THIS thread. Do you find ENA helpful? I thought I was doing well with my feelings and where I'm at, however when I went back to ENA, read some posts, etc. I experienced another set back yesterday evening. I think I'll come back and offer advice when I'm ready. Coming to ENA just sets me back. Despite how strong and confident I am, reading the threads on here are not helpful to my emotional health. Just wondering if others are feeling the same way.

and now

and rat experts here

"Star": You guys "on that side of the pond" need to quit driving on the wrong side of the street and please learn how to speak "English", you bloody blokes!!! LOL

Morning everyone - sunny in Greece too, and quite a bit warmer from the last week!!

dig - I'm on tenterhooks waiting to hear how it went - wake up please!!!! lol

s/star - please don't kill the rat!! Enviromental health will probably kill it. I am such an animal lover....

stagn - I understand exactly what you are saying!! I feel positive and optimistic and then, I read some eNA posts and the doubt creeps back in. Sometimes, you need to take a break from reading, or just read certain threads (like this one). I also had a set-back last night, and it took me ages to get to sleep, thinking negative thoughts. I suppose it's only natural - we can't be positive 100% of the time, but I am sure reading eNA has an effect. You will feel better soon - I'm sure....

bloody blokes

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ey skippy, in my mind I think you all know the sex and the city crew , all have coffee with the friends crew and all live in houses the size of a pyramid

it makes me laugh when you see a token brit appear on American shows ....with that " queens English" accent ....yeah right ..I am from Yorkshire , which means nothing to you ..but its about as far away from speaking English as you can get ..

anyhow enough chat ..get back to your buffet duties ...

hi stagn ...I avoid certain threads depending on the mood I am in ...

everyone's situation is very different ...and I believe that all anyone can do is offer their own personal experience and guidance..

however that experience might be bitter and wrought with hurt and it comes accross that way ...

I try and keep an open mind and remember that my situation is unique as is yours etc etc ...

so yes this forum can knock you over or pick you up ..

loulou started this because she needed somewhere to talk honestly and open without judgement or reality checks ...she knows her reality , as I do ....and needed to say ...things like "while I have breath in my body I will fight for him" type of things ....with the hope that no one comes on to ram down her throat that her healing wont happen etc etc ..

then the rest of us who feel like that jumped on here too ....

it was needed and wanted and its a safe haven for me until I am ok to pop back to the rest of the forum to try and help and also to be aware of my own situation.

long winded answer sorry ..stay away if it hurts you .. that's all there is to it ...

Archived