The "getting back together support thread"!!

loulou37

Blane me?/ No it's really cool. My first race was 1963 and the hair on my arms still risese and cannot speak at the start of the race. Totally putonic it is the coolest thing you will ever experience. I have had friends fom the other side of the pondthey would agree. 33 cars doing 220 mph gives me a stiffy and I am use to it!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and back to mr lennon ....my hero too ..he died on my birthday ...how famous does that make me ...ha

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily

I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make

Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use

The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake

And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend

For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn

We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in

I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not

And who I am"

Oh yes, I love this.

Like jolbell, I also had a tough day. Actually a tough week.

My 77 year old mom is in the hospital and I have been sick with strep and an upper respiratory infection. I have been out of work all week. (There is more about that over on my thread so I won't bore you here).

Needless to say I am tired, discouraged, and I lost a bit of my "swagger" this week.

The thread was perfectly timed - I needed this. I cannot believe we're already on page 16. That should say something to us don't you think?

And it goes to show that even the "Dumpers" hurt, they don't always leave cos they fell out of love with us, sometimes things go wrong in the relationship and they had no choice but to leave...

Yes, we do hurt and we have regrets for what we lost. I have learned a lot in this past 6 months, and there are many things I would do differently if given the chance. But I guess I needed this time to learn the lesson right? I'm growing from it, that's for sure.

Sometimes the dumpers start to feel like the dumpee (like in my case).

It really doesn't matter which role we are in, dumpee or dumper, we are all here for support. It takes courage to come here and bear our souls to strangers, to listen to the input, to work on improving ourselves....Trying to move forward and find the way....

Everyone who comes here should feel welcome.

Thanks again loulou!

Yes, we do hurt and we have regrets for what we lost. I have learned a lot in this past 6 months, and there are many things I would do differently if given the chance. But I guess I needed this time to learn the lesson right? I'm growing from it, that's for sure.

Sometimes the dumpers start to feel like the dumpee (like in my case).

It really doesn't matter which role we are in, dumpee or dumper, we are all here for support. It takes courage to come here and bear our souls to strangers, to listen to the input, to work on improving ourselves....Trying to move forward and find the way....

Everyone who comes here should feel welcome.

Thanks again loulou!

That's right cindy..at the end of the day it's the support we need, it is hard writing down our thoughts and feelings...putting it out there for all to see, at least by doing that, we all see that we are all the same inside, we are only human...hope your mum gets well soon x

I have woken up missing him loads today, i had 2 good days so that's better than nothing

loulou x

don't be hard on yourself loulou

its up and down and the up will come back my darling xx

you have made a huge difference to this forum with this thread

keep the faith xx

I'm ok hun, i came back from the school run and got busy, my house is upside down at the moment so i need to get stuck in..

Just been out in the garden putting the washing out and decided to get it tidied up, it's so fresh and cold and there, it's lovely!! everything is iced up!! it gives me a nice feeling, the changing of the seasons hmm just breathing in the cold in makes me feel alive lol

I hope your good shooting star?

loulou x

hi guys, how are you all doing today?

My day was not so good, feeling really low again...seems so long since we spoke last it's only been a week, i just wonder how he can go so long without missing me or needing to text me, oh well...i'll be ok...gotta keep on keeping on!!

loulopu x

I don't need to be blunt, but it is because he is getting on with his life, and you are focused on the relationship, and how much time it's been since you talked, etc. It is that he doesn't "need" to text you --- you are confusing need and want. As well as the fact that you are not in a relationship.

I don't need to be blunt, but it is because he is getting on with his life, and you are focused on the relationship, and how much time it's been since you talked, etc. It is that he doesn't "need" to text you --- you are confusing need and want. As well as the fact that you are not in a relationship.

I already know all that mhowe, i just came on to talk to my friends about how i'm feeling, that's what i created the thread for....but thank you anyway.

loulou x

Mhowe, I have read a lot of your comments on ENA and I cant help but think that you are very negative towards some of the posters that are just simply saying what's on their mind and looking for support and they always seem to get knocked down again by the things you say.

If you read the OP's first post you will notice this thread is specifically for people who are hoping to reconcile and previous advice of NC is not working for them and they would much prefer to talk about their feeling with people in a similar situation.

Also how do YOU know what the dumper is thinking? maybe he is just too stubborn to swallow his pride and say what he really feels.

you should think about what you say, as some people who are already in a low part of their lives probably do not need people putting them down and telling them things they already know and are trying to deal with.

Listen to this just to make you feel relax!

by Bob Marley

"Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',

Smiled with the risin' sun,

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Of melodies pure and true,

Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,

Rise up this mornin',

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou

by Bob Marley

Rise up this mornin',

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Rise up this mornin',

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Oh wow... this brings back a lot of 'good time' memories!

hi guys, how are you all doing today?

My day was not so good, feeling really low again...seems so long since we spoke last it's only been a week, i just wonder how he can go so long without missing me or needing to text me, oh well...i'll be ok...gotta keep on keeping on!!

loulopu x

Ups and downs... you'll be up again soon loulou, hang in there.

x

I agree completely. In fact, I think this thread is counter-productive to the people who frequent it. It is causing everyone to focus on what they lost and dwell and ponder and reminisce on a past that probably isn't coming back.

It's preventing them from moving forward and living their lives.

I agree completely. In fact, I think this thread is counter-productive to the people who frequent it. It is causing everyone to focus on what they lost and dwell and ponder and reminisce on a past that probably isn't coming back.

It's preventing them from moving forward and living their lives.

Ok well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it...i am moving on with my life, so are the other posters that have come to this thread, just because someone wants to reconcile it doesn't mean they have their life on hold, sitting, waiting, hoping for their ex's to come back...

I have a life, i'm moving house, i take care of my kids, i go to work, i go to the gym, i play football, i go to spinning classes...so my life is on hold yes?

My heart hurts because my lover has left me, that is gonna take time to heal, whether i'm in contact with him or not.

loulou x

by Bob Marley

Rise up this mornin',

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Rise up this mornin',

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Haha yea, i feel better already!! ;-)

loulou x

Mhowe, I have read a lot of your comments on ENA and...

So, then you're aware that she's one of the very few posters here who have accomplished what nearly everyone here is looking for. While there may be a certain amount of value in the concept of 'misery loves company', there's a more pragmatic benefit to listening to someone who has a positive outcome. There's a difference between "negativity" and simply not hearing what you want to hear.

Also how do YOU know what the dumper...

A rhetorical question... does playing the victim and/or martyr facilitate the attitude needed to maintain a healthy relationship? What about the devaluation/villianizing of another? All those 'dump' words - negative and irrelevant. If it somehow makes you feel better to play those roles, by all means - have at it. But if a healthy relationship is the goal, then lose the negativity.

But, what do I know?

I hope your good shooting star?

yes darling I am , thankyou for asking.

and I say again , thankyou for this thread , its not causing me any harm or hindering my healing , if I want

cold hard facts there are another 900 threads on this forum that I read , respect and comment on ...

this is my coffee break head break reality thread...the reality been ..... I am not with my man and I hurt and here I can mull

that over with no concern for opinions .

So, then you're aware that she's one of the very few posters here who have accomplished what nearly everyone here is looking for. While there may be a certain amount of value in the concept of 'misery loves company', there's a more pragmatic benefit to listening to someone who has a positive outcome. There's a difference between "negativity" and simply not hearing what you want to hear.

A rhetorical question... does playing the victim and/or martyr facilitate the attitude needed to maintain a healthy relationship? What about the devaluation/villianizing of another? All those 'dump' words - negative and irrelevant. If it somehow makes you feel better to play those roles, by all means - have at it. But if a healthy relationship is the goal, then lose the negativity.

But, what do I know?

well i'm definitely not playing the victim TT, i know the truth of my situation, i don't need it rammed down my throat at every turn...the people that are on this thread have done NC now we are in contact with our ex's, we don't have false hope, what we would like is a little support, i also reconciled with the ex bf that brought me to this site, so i too know what it's like to be the other side as it were...i came here today, to post my feelings, on a thread that i created specifically for that, so we could come together in one place and i get that response from mhowe...i didn't need that, yes she reconciled and i am happy for her but who is to say that we won't? this is a support forum, where is the support!!

loulou x

Archived