Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Uni goings on else there will be a LOT of threads...

ButterflyWrists

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear you got a new job.. what is it that you're doing now?

Hey Blue, I'm doing care work with people who have autism, mental health issues and learning difficulties (along with other health issues).

Good for you honey I knew you could do it!!! I had every faith in you.

Thanks Victoria! Worked so hard and it's really paying off! Enjoying life so much more now.

Hey butters!

I'm so glad to see this new post and to read how well things are going for you. You deserve to be happy and in glad you're enjoying your new job. Keep well sweetie!

Thank you hun! So nice to be in a place where I am happy

• 2 weeks later...

I was nearly ready to say this has been the best christmas since I was a child... Nearly.

That was until today, I while making more fudge, I found out someone in my family, got ASH all over the fudge I spent 2 hours making the other day. I am beyond p'd off. My family have no ing respect.

(ash being from a cigarette). who the hell smokes in the bloody kitchen, it is disgusting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things have been a bit up and down for the last couple of weeks. Relationship break down, which I haven't and will not post about. But it sucks. It's for the best, for me and I ended it. But it sucks to see him hurting because of me. Even though he hurt me too. Nevermind.

Work is good, getting more people to work with and around a variety of places. The furthest I go is 21miles from my home, closest is around a 10min drive away. It's nice. Although today, I gotta ride 84miles, because I have two shifts in the same town with a 4 hour gap and I know no one in that town lol.

I really do enjoy my job though, although I don't feel like I am fully using my degree, I am learning a lot more about the areas of psychology I struggled in - namely developmental psychology. I am putting my learnings into practice, and I am learning more about autism and autistic spectrum disorders.

I still have no clue where I really want to end up, as I know this isn't what I want to be doing forever. It is however a great starting point, especially for someone who is more of a hands on learner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

damnit ears! I do not want or need to go totally deaf in one ear, especially not my good ear! Now I won't be able to balance when having to ride motorbike to work tomorrow. Which means I have to pay for a lift! Stupid ears I hate you!

I know, I know, I constantly say why do I have to have ears, but you still bloody hurt! Not just numb or slight throbbing but stabbing pains! Grrr! I do not need this right now!

On a better note, my mum and I had a lovely couple of days in Toulouse France, two days of blissful peace away from reality! although my ears hated the flight home, 1.5hours and we had turbulance, my mums favourite part of flying, my worst haha!

LMAO.. This chick on a vegan picture board on FB got a right strop on cause I corrected her on saying ST PAT's day instead of St Patricks day.. I guess it's better than patty. And she thought I deleted it haha. I didn't its a picture board, she didn't post a pic of vegan food so she posted again calling me out for deleting her post xD.. So funny! I cracked up, she got all defensive about it.. Others laughed with me.

ps. Grr my spelling is attrocious atm.. keep putting T's where D's should be etc, partly down to my hearing loss and thus hearing things incorrectly when I try and think of a word did the same with think (put thing originally). I hate hearing loss, it really screws with me.. Boo I hope I feel better tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys I still have this blasted ear infection, got oral anti biotics now, half way through and still in agony - not happy! I have a cold along side too which is a nightmare

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I've decided to look at online dating, more for making friends in my local area - tried meetup but didn't get on with it

And cause on my profile (pof) I have casual/no commitment, cause obviously looking for friends - I keep getting creeps message me.. At first I played along - well said Nah I have too much self respect for random sex... But it's gotten boring.

Chatting to a few people who are into motorbikes too though so maybe make some new bike friends hopefully..

Back to this online dating thing my dealbreakers are:

1. one or two word messages - no!

2. Not bothering to read my profile!

3. Not having own transportation - purely because I live in the middle of nowhere, and I only have a motorbike - I can get myself around they should be able to too.

4. No smokers! I am not making out with an ashtray thanks.

5. Lack of spelling/grammar on profiles - now I am terrible at spelling, so I'm not too nitpicky on this, BUT when someone writes like:

Hi im i lk prtys n drnkng (basically leaving out vowels etc) that's lazy!

6. People who want me to stop riding! never gonna happen.

Woo.. So I am meeting someone next week we have good conversation - little bit of flirting have talked every day, which may be too much, but we'll find out soon enough I'm just wondering how much like his pictures he looks - hopefully a little older, seeing as in his pictures he could get away with looking 14 D: and he's 29 haha.

Exciting.

Thanks! It's going to be strange, I've never been find of online dating.. But the guy seems really nice!

I got a huge teddy from my best friend and we went on a long ride out around North Somerset /south Bristol, was a beautiful day.. Getting kevlar jeans with birthday money will be so much nicer than having to wear my leathers or textile trousers to work..

Well we ended up going on date today, still have tomorrows planned. I needed to go to (uni city where he is from) to get bike jeans, was supposed to do with another friend. Anyway he asked me yesterday if I wanted to catch up today - which was cool.

We met up, kind of awkward, I got lost haha so was 20min late.. Then we went got my jeans, had lunch - I made him choose where to eat xD.. We then went to some hills and wondered around for ages until he had to go.. Met up at 1:20 (cause I was late) and went our separate ways at 7:30 - pretty long date I thoroughly enjoyed it hehe..Can't wait until tomorrow

Yay back to lack of sleep.. Although Saturday night, cause I didn't sleep Sunday other than passing out for an hour..I'm so tired, glad today's work day is short, 6hours only 2 of which will be worked due to one always cancelling..

And I really need to do some work on my motorbike,give her a good wash, buya new chain, all that jazz.. Get her lowered..

Find a new driving instructor cause my old one didn't like motorcyclists!! Hmm..

How is everyone?

I don't know what to think about this guy I've been on a couple of dates with...

Thursday, Friday last week, and Saturday he came to lunch with my friend and I.. All good, had fun etc..

I heard from him Monday a little and that's the last time I spoke to him.

He's working with his ex at the moment, and the guy she cheated on him with so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.. But I'm not so sure now either..

I think there is something wrong with my forks on my bike too... One seemed overly greasy - need to check that out asap. Not sure if I'm working tomorrow or not yet though which is bloody annoying oh well..

My bike cleaner arrived, spent an hour cleaning her, still wasn't perfect but much better, was rather windy so the cleaning spray kept drying, nightmare! Need to find time to give her a full wash and service..

Working loads at the moment as I was off sick most of last week.. Well I say that's the reason, I have only managed to pick up an extra 6 hours (lost 18) but its split into two shifts on my days off so yeah working loads xD.. Still need to find time to get to my second job, I haven't seen her in over a week, cause I was ill last week and this week has just been me getting confused over when my driving lesson is (which is today).. Hopefully see her on monday, depending on if I do actually get to finish at 10, supposed to finish at 2 though so can't promise anything.. Kinda annoying having little 3 hour shifts in the middle of the day.. One of my shifts is finishing at 2 so technically I could after that, but it'd take over an hour to get to her, even by motorbike.. may do it anyway as I can sleep over.. she needs a break from cleaning etc daft woman.

Heard back from the guy I went on a couple of dates with a couple of weeks ago meeting up with him next week which will be good

• 2 weeks later...

My ex is driving me potty! He's messaging me telling me he's still in love with me and it doesn't feel like we're broken up. We broke up ages ago. Why can't he just let go. bleh!

In other news: my ear hates me, it hurts like hell, and I've got a full couple of days of work and I need to go to the office later and sort out my level 2 health and social care - I'm bored a lot so need to do something worthwhile to occupy my time, I also need to keep my brain working/learning even though everything I'll be doing on the level 2 I already know.. But it's worth doing and it's free

I am not looking forward to next month it is going to be expensive. I've got motorbike MOT, 10 hours of driving lessons at £24 an hour, motorbike insurance, potentially car insurance, getting to and from festival, money for festival etc. Madness! I'm trying to make do with the bare minimum this month so I can survive next month, not doing too badly so far...

Archived