Not built for this dating game malarky!

SapphireNoir10

I really am not. I've been single for two months. I met a guy I liked and we met casually with our friendship groups twice, then we were texting on and off for like two weeks.

We went on our first date it lasted 7 hours!! we had a great time,he paid for everything, he told me he'd been single for a year and this was the first date he'd had where he'd enjoyed it or saw potential

He also told me he's working away for the next couple of months but he wants to see me and date me on the weekends when hes back because he lives where I lives hes just got a building project about 3 hrs away.

Since the date we've still been texting etc and he asked me last night if I wanted to see him Sunday for another date. So i agreed.

I text him last night and he didnt reply, and i've had no reply all day.

The dating game SUCKS.

Im staying single. No more dating I really quite liked this guy too

Edit: He literally text me as a i posted this O_O saying his phones playing up AGAIN...yea right

Haha i am just gonna play Monopoly or something instead, I cant be doing with guesswork etc

I may just stay single FOREVER it seems like the easy option rather than dating/confusion/dating/confusion/lets go out/break up

It's liberating. Being single doesn't mean you don't love or have genuine connections, though

Grow up. Literally. I mean it. lol.

Because to play games, at least two people are needed. If you don't like them, then why are you playing along? Stop having others dictate you what to do.

Dating is a game of courtship, of building attraction. The more desirable people, such as myself, and the women I want to meet, are being pursued by dozens or even hundreds of others. You need to make yourself stand out in the crowd, and that means building sexual tension, putting your best foot forward, and not doing the whole needy clingy thing and showing your prospective dating partners that you are independent and have a life by not getting back to them right away. Or, just tell them you are crazy about them and call and/or text them a dozen times a day from the moment of first contact and see how that works for you.

Well maybe I do need to grow up, im only 21, I've always just got into long term relationships. I've never 'dated' before really so Im kinda new to it and confused as to what the etiquette is.

Its the confusion of, what do they actually want?

Well there is no etiquette to it..if two people like each other, it just happens, ya know..I just got engaged, found out were having a baby to a girl that ive been friends with for the past 5 years...the weird thing is...i constantly walk around and feel like im going to get dumped at any second. lol. it sucks...jeez it would be so nice to just be totally in love, able to feel vunerable, and have nothing to worry about...im 35 and still havent found that..oh well...hang in there, all men arent bad...

I dont know if it is. People are always seemingly worrying, do they love me enough,or are they cheating, or they arent being treated right.

They seem to have moments of happiness but lots of arguing and unsureness.

I try to do the whole 'lets see how it goes' and if its meant to happen it'll happen.But its hard.

Thats why Im scared of relationships, hardly anyone i know is secure or confident or happy in their relationship. Most people walk around constantly afraid of being hurt.

So do you want just a relationship...or secure and confident person? Upon realizing the difference between the two and sticking to one of them, your whole approach to dating will change accordingly.

I chose secure and confident women, and there's not a lot of them if you ask me. That's why anyone ever hardly see me hanging out with any girl. Some call it being picky, I call it knowing what I want.

Does the value of any guy really come down to how quickly he responds to a text message?

The idea of being a slave to a device at all times really frosts me. I'm not 'on call,' I'm living my life. When I want to answer a call or message, I'll do so. If someone gets their feelings hurt by that, then that's what therapists are for.

PS - If I've misunderstood and he's blown off a set date, then you'd be smart for deleting his number. In my book, he'd be toast.

I think you need to just take a breath. He's expressed his interest. He's asked you out again. MOST of the time he gets back to you promptly. What makes you believe he isn't telling you the truth about his phone? It happens. You're assuming the worst of him when he hasn't even given you a reason to think that way. I know you don't want to get hurt. No one does. But if you want to meet a good person, you have to take risks. Yes you will get hurt at times, we all do. It's OK. You just brush yourself off and try again.

Wow... I think you need to grow up a little. So if he doesn't contact you in a timely manner, he's not into you?

You should probably not date anyone and go get some therapy to understand why you have poor self-esteem.

I have a cell phone that sometimes doesn't work inside the warehouse of one of my clients. I could be in that warehouse for hours on end. If I'm working I put my phone on "silent".

Just chill out... do something else for awhile to take your mind off it. Get a book about self-esteem and see a therapist. You'll get some tools to deal with the anxiety.

Archived