Not built for this dating game malarky!

SapphireNoir10

A few people seem quite angry at me for admitting im a human being who is becoming insecure because I've not done dating before, I dont get it.

I dont have great self esteem, but I dont need 'therapy' because basically im just scared of getting hurt again. This is all this is, trusting somene enough

I'd never voice any of this to him, thats why im venting here, cos sometimes i need to hear im being irrational and stupid. Which obviously I have been.

I guess I just am on here too much hearing stories of guys who just disappear.

Im not clingy with guys eve, infact my last two relationships guys have moaned im TOO independent and not clingy enough. I dont bombard him with texts.

Im just scared to let myself like someone again. And I do like him.

I've done single for two months and I dont see the harm in venturing into dating where im technically STILL singe.

Sapphire, I think everyone is trying to make the point that if you remain single for a length of time, focus on yourself and observe others, your perception will change. You will get a different perspective on relationships and the things you ponder now will cease to be important. I think you would really benefit if you gave it a real chance, for yourself...no-one else.

I hope my post didn't come accross as angry because I totally didn't mean it to be! I guess what I'm trying to say is that technically single but still quite emotionally attached to a guy won't help you focus on yourself and on getting your feet back under you after a string of bad relationships. There's nothing wrong with worrying or being anxious. It doesn't make you screwed up or bad, but I think it does indicate you are not quite ready to enter the dating pool again. I think once you can date casually and respond to a missed text with "Meh, if he keeps responding to me, cool. If he doesn't, there are other nice guys!" (and respond that way in your heart as well as with your visible actions), then you will be ready to date around.

Thats the thing up until yesterday if he didnt text me I hardly noticed. I dunno, I guess I was just feeling tired and cranky, having problems at home with my parents being angry at eachother etc. I think I just let it affect me more than i should

Theres plenty of guys I COULD date but I dont want too.

I totally understand. If something happens and my boyfriend and I break up for good, I'm just going to be single for a while. I have no interest in the dating "game".

And being afraid of being hurt doesn't mean you need therapy or are incredibly insecure...NO ONE likes being hurt by someone they care about and/or love, and after a BU, it's hard to want to put yourself out on that limb again. All I can recommend is that you kick back for now and try to enjoy life, because the day WILL come when you'll meet someone great and there will be no games involved.

I hope that day comes for you quickly.

That is what I want

I just momentarily reverted back to the old insecure me.

I feel good again now. I do. I havent been naggy with him AT ALL over anything, he still is calling me etc and seems really interested in persuing dating

Just remember what he said -his work comes first, and he will see you when he has time given his busy work schedule. He's been honest so getting annoyed when he does just what he said he was going to do - not make dating you a priority - doesn't make a lot of sense.

and im pretty sure the thread isnt four pages of me complaining but me admitting i was being irrational in my orignal pot

That's true, and congrats for that. Lots of people read OP's and respond straight from the gut uncontaminated by the opinions of others. Make room for that idea because some of the best material I've ever seen comes from that place in people. By 'best' material, I don't mean the sweetest or most comforting--that's usually reserved for grievers. Those who are driving themselves into a hole aren't best encouraged to keep doing that. The behavior is a clunker, so the responses will likely point that out in no uncertain terms.

Cheers to you for being brave enough to put yourself out there for that. Chances are, the next person who responds to the OP won't exactly be 'encouraging,' either, but you're capable of taking what you can use.

Given that I've not read your earlier posts, I have a question for you. Why have so many regular posters here highlighted your statement about avoiding men for a while? Do you think there's anything to the idea that your initial reaction to this guy's delayed contact might be your own gut signal to yourself that you're not yet ready to start dating again?

Head high, we're in your corner.

and im pretty sure the thread isnt four pages of me complaining but me admitting i was being irrational in my orignal pot

I'm sorry if I was harsh.

Here is the deal. My concern for you is much bigger than the frustration of not getting one text one day from one guy. This is a pattern of yours for years -- jumping from one relationship to another. Getting attached to some dude who was clearly hot and cold and ridiculous after four months. Even you admit you get into relationships with the wrong guys to avoid being single. That stems from something.

Therapy isn't a bad word by the way. I think everyone could use it. But therapy notwithstanding, your are soo young. You have such a great opportunity to grow today. Stay single. Really. In the long run it will help heal you.

Well I went on a second date with him and had fun

He has no time to give me anything serious at the moment, he doesnt really know where work will take him etc, but I do think he likes me, he texts me a lot etc.

Im quite happy to just see him every now and then, im technically still single, its not stoping me from living my life

My typing on here isnt the best cos my stupid laptop keyboard is breaking. So if i sound stupid im not lol!!

Yah same, like, I totes went to skool. It gets you more intelligent n junk. hehehe

I love bad English as much as I love good English sometimes!

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts in between... but I don't know what sucks more - dating or texting!!!

Don't let texting or frequency of texting become a measure of a good relationship I can't speak for all men, but I think they view texting/phone calling very differently then us women.

I avoid texting and find it annoying/impersonal. But then again I don't have a phone with one of those cool keypads where you can type fast.

Archived