whats the worst excuse you've ever had from a cheater?

SadAndy

Firstly, I tried to put this in the 'infidelity' forum but couldn't find it!

What is the worst excuse an ex has ever given you for why they cheated?

My ex stated (when banged to rights) that 'an evil spirit invaded my body and it wasn't me'. 'I hadn't been right for quite a while (the duration of the affair, 18 mths, i'm guessing!

Originally I bought the excuse but then when I thought about it, it actually made me smile!

Then she said that she 'probably should have ended the relationship a long time ago'. Funny how hindsight (and the fact that she got caught) can have a bearing!

So what is the best excuse you've ever had?

I haven't ever gotten cheated on by the unless excuses cheaters repeat on threads or stories I hear are the followings:

1) If caught in the act, they tend to say it meant nothing and that it won't ever happen again

2) If they're discovered through emails, they say they didn't know what they were doing

3) I was drunk

4) He/she was abusing me and making my life miserable. I can understand no one deserves to be abused in any form but didn't they left the abuser instead of cheating which can make the abuser even more violent than before.

5) He/she cheated on me so I did back..... revenge affairs

6) He/she wasn't satisfying my needs so I had to get it elsewhere

7) I was on a long distance relationship... I missed him/her so much that I get crazy

8) I simply don't know why it happened

Some women use that excuse too.

It's not a double lie for either gender unless the cheater led their "other" partner to believe they wanted a relationship. This was the case in my relationship and I had empathy for the other duped women.

I know a guy who got caught cheating and had this to say in his defense: "I know for sure that I have got much more love to offer than any one woman needs. Whats wrong if I love you all you need and then love someone else too?"

Can't argue there, can you? And no, he wasn't someone who could be called a swinger either. Probably someone who believed in 'open relationships' or whatever.

Different strokes...

It's not a double lie for either gender unless the cheater led their "other" partner to believe they wanted a relationship. This was the case in my relationship and I had empathy for the other duped women.

Also heard this used on guys, or even to have bare faced been told that their boyfriend 'wasn't here tonight'. Sorry to say, one gender simply isn't better than the other, both our races have our skeletons in our respective closets, yeah?

As for me, I was told that it simply 'happened' by my ex, I was never given an excuse the second time around. However... I was told by my father that "If you really care about someone and you cheat on them....DON'T GET CAUGHT"

I wish I was joking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived