To everyone that's getting tired of hearing me complain...

... You won't have to for a while.

I finally found a job. Friday was my first day.

This is a Graphic Design job... I never thought I would be working in this field... but I guess I am pretty good at it, so my boss says anyway.

I am working in a print shop, I was hired to scan photos and make minor adjustments with Photoshop. I know Photoshop pretty well, after all these years of living with a Graphic Designer I've picked up a lot.

My boss was pretty impressed with my skill level in Photoshop so he asked me to try doing some T-Shirt designs. He just wanted to see what I could do. Well, he really liked what I came up with, so now I'll be doing some of that too.

I saw the ad for this job in the paper on Thursday. I didn't expect to be hired. I figured they wouldn't hire me because even though I know Photoshop, I've never had a job using it, so in their eyes I have no experience. But it's worth a shot anyway. So I went in and filled out an application and gave them a copy of my resume'.

The guy I talked to seemed like kind of a douche, so I figured that was a complete waste of time.

Then, two hours later I get a phone call. They wanted me to come back as soon as possible for an interview. After ten minutes of talking to the two owners of the company, I was hired.

So now I am still getting used to all this. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. But I just thought I would let everyone here know. After how many threads about my 6 month job hunt I am sure I was getting annoying, lol.

Congrats, man.

I am trying to get into graphic design.. maybe you can give me some advice.

I am self-taught and so far has sent out alot of applications. So far, no luck. I know its a competitive field. In my area the job market is saturated with graphic designers.

Would undergoing a formal program make me more competitive...?

I heard some say that for every graphic design job there are hundreds of applications.

Congrats, man.

I am trying to get into graphic design.. maybe you can give me some advice.

I am self-taught and so far has sent out alot of applications. So far, no luck. I know its a competitive field. In my area the job market is saturated with graphic designers.

Would undergoing a formal program make me more competitive...?

I heard some say that for every graphic design job there are hundreds of applications.

In all honesty I have no idea. This isn't even my field. I have a degree in something completely unrelated.

But, my girlfriend also works as a Graphic Designer. It took her three years after graduating college to get a job in the field. So, the market sucks for people who have had formal training also.

In all honesty I have no idea. This isn't even my field. I have a degree in something completely unrelated.

But, my girlfriend also works as a Graphic Designer. It took her three years after graduating college to get a job in the field. So, the market sucks for people who have had formal training also.

Right, yea. It sucks...

Anyway congrats

I've been trying to get a job as a graphic designer for 2 years now, I have a degree, i know how hard it is to get work. Well done, i'm jealous.

I'm actually so sick of the lack of opportunities here in the UK, that i'm moving to Australia next month......

I've been trying to get a job as a graphic designer for 2 years now, I have a degree, i know how hard it is to get work. Well done, i'm jealous.

I'm actually so sick of the lack of opportunities here in the UK, that i'm moving to Australia next month......

I really think so much of it is personality based. I am not saying you have a bad personality or anything... please don't take it like that. But, I think I got this job because I am a long haired metalhead guy and everyone I work with is also a long haired metalhead guy.

My girlfriend is also a graphic designer and she works with people that are similar to her.

This is just an observation though... This job fell right into my lap and I've noticed that is usually the case with artistic jobs, I've noticed.

I knew it would happen for you. I told you, how many times? LOL

I went out with all my friends from my old job last Friday to celebrate. The funny thing is... At my old job they used to give all the employees Applebees gift cards on birthdays. I never used mine and neither did most of my friends from there. So we went to Applebess and used those. It's so ironic that my old job paid for us to all go out and celebrate my new job.

I went out with all my friends from my old job last Friday to celebrate. The funny thing is... At my old job they used to give all the employees Applebees gift cards on birthdays. I never used mine and neither did most of my friends from there. So we went to Applebess and used those. It's so ironic that my old job paid for us to all go out and celebrate my new job.

Well I hope you ate something for me at Applebee's considering I am the non drinker of the bunch. LOL

Archived