Poll: Sex during a woman's period, yes or no?

citymouse

Sex during a woman's period, yes or no?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Sex during a woman's period, yes or no?

• Yes, it's a natural human function and what's the big deal?
    • Yes, but it's a little bit of a turn-off.
    • No, gross!
    • Maybe - if the flow isn't too heavy (sorry if TMI )

B/f and I have been dating almost three months... we started becoming intimate a month ago.

Since then we've been sleeping together 2x week on average.

I'm seeing him again tomorrow and am bummed because I just got my period.

I kind of don't want to do it during my period but would like to know what others think about the subject.

B/f and I have been dating almost three months... we started becoming intimate a month ago.

I kind of don't want to do it during my period but would like to know what others think about the subject.

If your are not comfortable then don't feel obliged to do it.

It's up to you and him, whatever works for you.

I like having the option of sex during that time and would be somewhat disappointed if a partner said he didn't want to based on the menstrual cycle.

BUT, doesn't matter what I think since it's totally about what works for you and your relationship with your bf!

Maybe you just aren't comfortable enough at this point in the relationship to go for it or maybe you aren't ever wanting it during that time, whatever the case, there is no right or wrong. Do you know how he feels about it?

I'm super horny when I'm on the rag, so I don't mind sex during that time. Take a shower together, lay a towel out and ur ready to go. My bf hates to see blood and said it reminds him of a crime scene so he won't touch me then. I think its natural, not a big deal to me.

Maybe you just aren't comfortable enough at this point in the relationship to go for it

Yeah -- I think you hit the nail on the head....

Do you know how he feels about it?

No but I suspect he wouldn't mind. He's pretty easy going.

He's the type of guy who will listen to whatever signals I give him and not pressure me in any way... he is a super, super nice guy. So if I present this as something that weirds me out, he'll probably give me a hug and say "no problem, we can wait a week."

On the other hand I really miss him a lot and was looking forward to sleeping together this weekend. If I knew it didn't bother him I would probably want to do it... I dunno... I haven't been in this situation in awhile! I used to do it during my period with other b/fs but that was a while ago. Maybe I'm just rusty and out of practice...

Best sex of the month, to be honest.

Well now that you mention it, I think I recently saw a news story somewhere (where? can't remember!) ... some study was done where men were able to subliminally/subconsciously sense the hormones a woman gives off during her period and that's when they are most attracted to women?

Something like that.

Me and my gf do it when its not too heavy and she isn't too cramped. Were really comfortable with eachother though, she didn't want to do it for the first year we went out. I really don't mind at all, it's just a part of life. Just lay down a towel and your good =-)

It took me ages to initially accept my homosexuality. Needless to say this is one of the areas that now makes me thankful I'm gay, lol.

Understandably so!

Me and my gf do it when its not too heavy and she isn't too cramped. Were really comfortable with eachother though, she didn't want to do it for the first year we went out. I really don't mind at all, it's just a part of life. Just lay down a towel and your good =-)

This makes sense to me. I think this is the direction I'm going in.... I've only been sleeping with the guy for a month now, I don't think I want to do this until we've had a chance to feel each other out a little more, you know?

He is trying really hard to please me and if I give him the green light, he will probably go for it regardless of his feelings on the subject. I think in fairness to him that I want to get to know his preferences better over the course of time rather than have this conversation in the heat of the moment, no pun intended!

My boyfriend and I do it all the time. It's just like any other sex and he's not grossed out - he's a man who can take his lover's fluids on him. My advice is to buy a black towel and put it under you. I've had my fair share of washing the sheets and blankets the morning after.

Archived