omg valentines day is coming :(

ugh... spending v day.. with out someone to cuddle with is going to suck i already know it. then its the whole.. are they out with someone dinner maybe? while your not doing anyting..

WTB a valentine for FEB if interested please message me with your interest and qualifications

VD is just a hallmark holiday.

Yup.

I don't like advertisers and merchants telling me when to celebrate and what to buy. (Which is a bit odd because I make my living in part by writing and voicing commercials for crap like this...)

Bite the hand that feeds me? When it comes to the commercialization of what should be highly personal, you betcha.

Why program your brain for the next 5 weeks that on VD you will feel worse? - you are litterally brainwashing yourself for feeling bad that day. Instead I would use the time in between for a more positive way of trying to rewire your brain, firstly by realizing that VD is a day like any other day in the year and by trying to take steps to improve your general well being.

I would be insulted if someone wanted to start dating me, just because they want to be able to say that they have a date for valentine.

Why program your brain for the next 5 weeks that on VD you will feel worse? - you are litterally brainwashing yourself for feeling bad that day. Instead I would use the time in between for a more positive way of trying to rewire your brain, firstly by realizing that VD is a day like any other day in the year and by trying to take steps to improve your general well being.

I would be insulted if someone wanted to start dating me, just because they want to be able to say that they have a date for valentine.

Exactamundo. It's as if you are saying OMG christmas is coming, this will be a milestone and horrible, OMG new year's.. OMG valentine's day, huge milestone, birthday etc, it never ends. I would try to cease that milestone thought and realise that you are only highlighting those days as it's a reference to your ex (and you might be deluding yourself into thinking these days are green flags for reconciliation through very light contact), something that should not really concern you if you are NCing. If you are hoping to reconcile you could drop a lil happy birthday here and there but it's a largely a waste of time if you have been dumped. Let them do the milestoning and reach out. Yea I know not everyone will agree with this.

OK..I am going to give you guys another reason to celebrate Valentine's Day. It's Catdancer's birthday!!! Wooo Hooo!!! So, everybody go out and have a drink for me. I have a date with the most gorgeous man in the world that night. And we are getting all dressed up and we are going to see how many sweet potatoes we can wear home on our fancy clothes. lol My date will be 11 months old then!!

OK..I am going to give you guys another reason to celebrate Valentine's Day. It's Catdancer's birthday!!! Wooo Hooo!!! So, everybody go out and have a drink for me. I have a date with the most gorgeous man in the world that night. And we are getting all dressed up and we are going to see how many sweet potatoes we can wear home on our fancy clothes. lol My date will be 11 months old then!!

I will be thinking of the love of my life on V-Day.... my 10 month old niece.

Seriously.

I'm going to treat myself to a mani and pedi that day and anything else I want. Shop, eat, shop some more....

Great idea! I think I'll join you. Crap! Just remembered I'll be recovering from my tummy tuck. Pain killers and a glass of wine, then, while I try to remember whose birthday I'm celebrating ex parte. Mani/pedi/bikini wax before surgery 2/12.

I will be thinking of the love of my life on V-Day.... my 10 month old niece.

Seriously.

I'm going to treat myself to a mani and pedi that day and anything else I want. Shop, eat, shop some more....

Great idea! I think I'll join you. Crap! Just remembered I'll be recovering from my tummy tuck. Pain killers and a glass of wine, then, while I try to remember whose birthday I'm celebrating ex parte. Mani/pedi/bikini wax before surgery 2/12.

wish I could have a tummy tuck

lol no bikini wax for me... I'm not that heart broken.

Archived