My son committed suicide today

Jetta

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Jetta! I haven't logged in today until now. If I could, I would bring your dear son right back to you! I am shedding tears of intense pain. I, too, have a son with special needs and if anything should ever happen to him, the pain would be indescribable. Please pray and take comfort in Our Lord. He is taking good care of your son, he could be in no better, more loving hands. Please take care of yourself. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Jetta

i was brought up Catholic i was taught God is above all a loving forgiving father. i believe a child would never go to hell he is at peace i will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

suicide helplines should be able to give useful advice on helping you and your young daughter.

i also believe we are met at the time of passing on.

in my experience Priests can be very different in outlook and approach i hope you have someone compassoniate to help you.

Bless you all.

Dear Jetta,

As a mother of two I cannot even start to imagine how painful this must be for you. I am at a loss for words.

And as a former teenager who attempted suicide myself, I know that the hopelessness a teenager feels when he or she decides to take their life is something no adult can really understand or soothe.

Some kids just hurt more than others; some hurt so much and just don't know why, that they they'll be better some place else.

I am Catholic too and let me tell you something; I am sure God knew his pain, how much he hurt and I am sure he is safely in His arms now as if they were your own arms.

Try to stay calm for your little girl and just live for the day. One day at a time, that's the only way to go.

I am so, so sorry.

HKhan

Jetta,

There are no words.... No parent should have to endure this. I am glad there is a sister to give you a reason to be strong. Might I suggest you seek the counsel of your church leader in assisting you in how to tell your daughter? She is young and will not fully understand. I would think that it's unnecessary to explain that he took his own life, only that he succumbed to his illnesses, but others may disagree. I really don't know what's right there...

I am not Catholic, but I do believe that if there is a God(no debates please!), He is a loving God, who would not reject the soul of a tormented child. He would give that child peace....

I hope you have support for yourself in this time. Do what you need to do for yourself and your daughter.

My deepest condolences.

BellaDonna,

Yes the foster family contacted me that afternoon, I'm not sure when exactly they found out but I was in such shock she had to repeat herself because I just didn't believe he was really dead. I should have known something like this was going to happen but I didn't. He used to write suicidal messages when he was 8 years old. We tried getting him help but it didn't seem to help enough. They're investigating his death so the funeral won't be until Monday, most likely. And I'm sad they're going to creamate him, and I'm sad that it's so far out of my hands they said they won't even accept donations, my mom offered a burial plot. They told me he won't need one, and they don't want to give me his ashes, so I don't know what they do with them then.

BellaDonna,

Yes the foster family contacted me that afternoon, I'm not sure when exactly they found out but I was in such shock she had to repeat herself because I just didn't believe he was really dead. I should have known something like this was going to happen but I didn't. He used to write suicidal messages when he was 8 years old. We tried getting him help but it didn't seem to help enough. They're investigating his death so the funeral won't be until Monday, most likely. And I'm sad they're going to creamate him, and I'm sad that it's so far out of my hands they said they won't even accept donations, my mom offered a burial plot. They told me he won't need one, and they don't want to give me his ashes, so I don't know what they do with them then.

Who is "they", exactly? I think this is very, very unfair of them not to give you a say. You're his mother! Is there anyone you can contact regarding this? The court system even? Oh god, I'm just so sorry.

The they is social services, they got involved in my life in 2004 destroyed my family and now they've killed my son. And this is exactly how his father feels too. He's looking into a lawyer today actually and will call me with what he finds out.

Getting a lawyer to do what?

I'm really sorry to hear about your son, I can't imagine what that feels like.

Archived