My son committed suicide today

Jetta

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG...I am soooo sorry. I cant imagine the pain you are in. Here is the BIGGEST virtual hug I can possibly give. While I dont share the same religious beliefs as you I do believe he is at peace. I only hope you and your family can find the love and serenity to get through this...

Jetta,

My deepest sympathy and condolences. I will be sure to say a special prayer for your son. I am catholic as well all I can suggest to you at this moment is to pray the rosary if you know how and ask the virgin mary to please care for your sons soul. I was taught that you pray to her when someone dies in order to ask for their souls to make it to heaven!

I will sure to pray for you and your loved ones as well.

jetta,

My deepest sympathy and condolences to you. I cannot imagine how hard that must be. In this time surround yourself with your family and friends. I'm am sure your son is in heaven with God, he always finds a way to forgive. A lot of your ENA family is praying with you. Just remember, any time you needs someone to talk to there is always someone here that will lend an ear here 24/7.

I am truly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go with your son and remain with you and your family, my heart is breaking.

I too am a catholic and do not worry yourself for one second, God has welcomed your son with open arms into Heaven. He is at peace now and he is happy and that is what I truly believe and I hope you believe it too.

Do not blame yourself, there was nothing you could have done, we are all very good at hiding what we truly feel. Most of the people I knew who did this were like that happy, sometimes there is no reason to it. I have been there and I dont know what stopped me. Just know he is safe now and he is surround by peace and love.

Ashling xxxxx

Thank you all. My best friend said to me that my dad is likely having a heart to heart talk with him now, which has brought me comfort. My dad died in 2005 peacefully and I've been having dreams about him lately as has my mom, perhaps he was warning us only we didn't see the warning. Dad's death his me hard, I have no idea how my sons death is going to affect me the only man left in my life is my brother now. Not that my son was a man but he was becoming one. That was really a figure of speech.

I have no idea how to tell his sister, she's 7.

Jetta, words can not express the sadness you must be feeling now.. I am so sorry you lost your father as well and can understand the pain you must have felt when he passed on. Your son I truly believe is now with your father, who will take care of him now and help him to move into the after life with peace and tranquility.

I'm not sure what you could say as she is so young but maybe you could let her know he is with his grandfather as it was his time to move on.

I am praying for you to get through this and sending you all the love and strength I can.

Christina x x x x x

Wow....There are no words that would be adequate enough for a situation such as this.

I'm Catholic as well and believe me....your son was a child. He will be in heaven. Just pray for an even speedier entrance into Heaven.

There are many prayer Novenas that may help you through this difficult time.

Your son and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope you find some peace...Many blessings to you

I am very sorry for your loss, Jetta. I can't imagine how devastated you must be.

I remember you posting about your son in the past and the struggles he faced. I am very, very sorry that it came to this.

As you grieve you will likely have many more spiritual questions. I would strongly suggest addressing a religious leader in your church for counsel. There are grey areas , even in the strictest teachings and your son was a child and also suffered from mental health issues which were not his fault and that he could not control. Those factors change the dynamic of his very unfortuante death and I think you may find a tiny bit of comfort in knowing that even a religious leader likely would not deem this to be the case:

suicides go to hell

I hope you have people around you for support right now as you are going through this. How did you find out what happened? Did the foster family contact you right away? This must be so hard, you have my deepest condolences.

Archived