Gardasil

EQD

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a friend of mine has a daughter who began to bleed 20 days out of every month following the last shot, this has went on for 6 months now with no end, and now her left leg is severely cramping or just in severe pain for the past 2 or 3 days. her mom took her to the hospital a few hours ago after reading more about the clots and deaths that are starting to crop up.

vaccinations have saved hundreds of millions of lives worldwide. people forget how bad some diseases were and how many lives have been saved as a result. polio, tetanus, diptheria, measles, rubella, etc..... vaccines have saved millions and millions of lives and helped avert much suffering.

a vaccine that prevents cancer? heck yeah, i got that right away!!!

A girl in the UK recently died as a result.

She didn't die as a result of the vaccine (which was Cervarix, rather than Gardasil); she already had a serious medical condition.

I've been undergoing - still inconclusive - investigation for cervical cancer for nearly two years now. If I'd had the choice to have a vaccine like that when I was young I'd have taken it, no question.

It was offered to my preteen daughter at her well doctor visit. I declined on her behalf, I think 10 years old is a little young to be worried about HPV. I felt it put me on the spot to explain what it was for and I think it made her feel funny about why a doctor who didn't know her would think she could possibly need it. She wondered out loud if she looked like a girl who was or was about to have sex. I told the doctor outside the room that he should discuss it with the parent seperately first. No need giving our young girls complexes.

If you're not in a high risk group for whatever the vaccine is protecting you against, then it's not worth the benefits in exchange for the possible side effects especially with vaccines that are new and have not been tested on large segments of the population over a long time period.

It was offered to my preteen daughter at her well doctor visit. I declined on her behalf, I think 10 years old is a little young to be worried about HPV. I felt it put me on the spot to explain what it was for and I think it made her feel funny about why a doctor who didn't know her would think she could possibly need it. She wondered out loud if she looked like a girl who was or was about to have sex. I told the doctor outside the room that he should discuss it with the parent seperately first. No need giving our young girls complexes.

But if it prevents Cancer why not let her have it? She doesn't have to be having sex or anything of that nature.

Vaccines contain disgusting things, that ruin the immune system.

I completely disagree with you. Please remember that doctors and medical researchers are parents too, with children and family members, and they are people who care about the well being of others. I'm a PhD candidate in microbiology, I can tell you all the people I work with are very concerned about human health and putting a safe product on the market. Everything has been thouroughly tested, there are millions of papers on reasearch and saftey and effectiveness out there that are publicly available.

She didn't die as a result of the vaccine (which was Cervarix, rather than Gardasil); she already had a serious medical condition.

I've been undergoing - still inconclusive - investigation for cervical cancer for nearly two years now. If I'd had the choice to have a vaccine like that when I was young I'd have taken it, no question.

That's the dilemma, I guess.

For people who are never scared about or have never experienced the fear of "cervical cancer", they don't care to get the vaccine (like me, before my experience).

When the doctor told me that I have HPV, I remember wishing I had followed up with my vaccinations. I figured it would've been easier to deal with the potential side effects of Gardasil, rather than hear that I may have cervical cancer.

But if if prevents Cancer why not let her have it? She doesn't have to be having sex or anything of that nature.

exactly. no one explained to me what "tetanus" or "polio" is before I got those vaccines. I didn't need to know why i needed the shot. I just knew it was to keep me healthy.

=/ I don't think anybody here is suggesting that.

Indirectly, yes they are. Oh hey it may save millions. If a few people die that is ok.

Maybe the company and the scientists that make these vaccines should throughly TEST them. And KNOW what will happen to people with pre existing conditions and then saying "oo ops my bad"

Indirectly, yes they are. Oh hey it may save millions. If a few people die that is ok.

Maybe the company and the scientists that make these vaccines should throughly TEST them. And KNOW what will happen to people with pre existing conditions and then saying "oo ops my bad"

Trust me, they DO test them. There is the scientific literature to prove it.

Archived