Gardasil

EQD

What i want to know is more about these studies. how many people were they used on, how did they know this vaccine prevented a person from recieving the strain of HPV that causes cervical cancer to be contracted from a person who was infected with it?

Not everyone contracts that strain, it doesnt always show up on the tests, so if the results are based off of that then gardasil doesnt have solid numbers at all.

how long were these studies conducted? how many women were in the study?

The FDA has approved many drugs that are widely detrimental and unneccessary to peoples health. Yet they still ended up having commercials made about them, still allowed to be sold to millions. Still pushed and pushed by doctors everywhere

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[/b]

No, it is not the same in the least.

No one is going to convince me vaccines are the ticket.

link removed

i think you should take some time to educate yourself.

where I live, there have been outbreaks of children dying and being severely sickened because parents are not vaccinating their children. they are not only putting their children at risks, but other children who are too young to receive the vaccine and to pregant women. For example, parents who are not giving the MMR vaccine. there have been many measles outbreaks in my area, and measles is a potentially serious illness that can cause blindness or death in children. I think we owe it to our families and to our fellow community members to make sure that everyone is safe.

People would think about it differently if someone close to them was affected by vaccines.

You might think differently if, like Psych, Nutbrownhare and myself, you could have gotten a vaccine to prevent cancer (minimally: colposcopies, biopsies, stress, fear, etc) down the line but didn't and ended up with a close call.

Vaccine side effects are minuscule statistically compared to the vast numbers of HPV related illnesses that could be prevented. People should have the choice to protect themselves, knowing the risks.

It's easy to bash vaccines now in this modern age and pin point the cases of side effects without even considering the millions and millions of people saved by them over the past decades.

Vaccines are made safer and safer every generation because of stringent testing and rigorous standards. There is no denying they save lives and prevent illnesses.

link removed

i think you should take some time to educate yourself.

where I live, there have been outbreaks of children dying and being severely sickened because parents are not vaccinating their children. they are not only putting their children at risks, but other children who are too young to receive the vaccine and to pregant women. For example, parents who are not giving the MMR vaccine. there have been many measles outbreaks in my area, and measles is a potentially serious illness that can cause blindness or death in children. I think we owe it to our families and to our fellow community members to make sure that everyone is safe.

I do not believe the cdc.

Medical procedures for a 10 year old are chosen by the parent by law. The child, for better or for worse, is subject to their parent's decision. I never had the immunization because it did not exist and now I am "too old" even though I have no history of ever having hpv. There is something fishy about the way they are pushing this, I smell a rat. Cervical cancer can be caught at every yearly pap test. At this time my best judgement tells me to wait for more information to surface.

amen.

the mother of the girl i was talking about said that they almost made it out like it was another mandatory school related vaccination. THATS how much they pushed it on her and her daughter.

all for a drug that isnt even proven.

What i want to know is more about these studies. how many people were they used on, how did they know this vaccine prevented a person from recieving the strain of HPV that causes cervical cancer to be contracted from a person who was infected with it?

Not everyone contracts that strain, it doesnt always show up on the tests, so if the results are based off of that then gardasil doesnt have solid numbers at all.

how long were these studies conducted? how many women were in the study?

The FDA has approved many drugs that are widely detrimental and unneccessary to peoples health. Yet they still ended up having commercials made about them, still allowed to be sold to millions. Still pushed and pushed by doctors everywhere

link removed

is where you will find peer-reviewed scientific literature.

if you go to the manufacturer's website on the vaccine, you can find out the results of the clinical trials, the literature should be published and available.

amen.

the mother of the girl i was talking about said that they almost made it out like it was another mandatory school related vaccination. THATS how much they pushed it on her and her daughter.

all for a drug that isnt even proven.

Yup. I refused the vaccinations for my son this year.

I am already irritated that he is "forced" to take medication or they will not educate him.

You might think differently if, like Psych, Nutbrownhare and myself, you could have gotten a vaccine to prevent cancer (minimally: colposcopies, biopsies, stress, fear, etc) down the line but didn't and ended up with a close call.

Vaccine side effects are minuscule statistically compared to the vast numbers of HPV related illnesses that could be prevented. People should have the choice to protect themselves, knowing the risks.

It's easy to bash vaccines now in this modern age and pin point the cases of side effects without even considering the millions and millions of people saved by them over the past decades.

Vaccines are made safer and safer every generation because of stringent testing and rigorous standards. There is no denying they save lives and prevent illnesses.

Word. I haven't any kids but I would get them vaccinated. Side effects are extremely rare compared to becoming seriously ill and passing it on to other other kids due to paranoia.

When I found out that only a fraction of the possible hpv strains were covered by the vaccine, I questioned it's effectiveness even for a perfect candidate.

There are 100s of different strains of HPV. Ever had a wart on your finger? You've probably had HPV. Gardasil protects you from the strains that cause 70% of cases of cervical cancer and 90% of those that cause genital warts.

That is very significant.

I do not believe the cdc.

uh hu.... right. I can tell you that I know people who work there, I hope to work there someday myself, and I can tell you that there is no group out there who is more dedicated to human health and safety. They are all PhD or MD level scientists, people who know much more about vaccines and safety than you do.

uh hu.... right. I can tell you that I know people who work there, I hope to work there someday myself, and I can tell you that there is no group out there who is more dedicated to human health and safety. They are all PhD or MD level scientists, people who know much more about vaccines and safety than you do.

Your opinion is yours and mine is mine. So we can agree to disagree.

I can still tell people this is not a "risk free" issue. It is more bash the person who does not agree with the majority.

I can still tell people this is not a "risk free" issue.

Sure you can. No medical procedure or drug is without it's risks and side effects.

But that says nothing. We're not living in ancient times where the only medical cure for most everything was draining most of the blood out of the patient.

Your "opinion" is along the same lines as your basic "Christian Scientist" who scoffs at modern medicine while their children die a slow and painful death, with medical help within arms reach if they only would open their minds and reach out for it.

Medical procedures for a 10 year old are chosen by the parent by law. The child, for better or for worse, is subject to their parent's decision. I never had the immunization because it did not exist and now I am "too old" even though I have no history of ever having hpv. There is something fishy about the way they are pushing this, I smell a rat. Cervical cancer can be caught at every yearly pap test. At this time my best judgement tells me to wait for more information to surface.

I didn't see a gynecologist until I was 21 because my mother had the same mentality as you.

I should have had annual checkups starting at the age of 19 (when I became sexually active). Instead, I waited 3 years, & little did I know, I had an HPV the whole time.

If my mother had believed that JUST MAYBE I may be sexually active, and JUST MAYBE might not be mature enough, smart enough, or have the necessary knowledge to protect myself, then I could have avoided that scare.

When do you plan on having your daughter see a gynecologist? When she becomes sexually active? How will you know when that is? How can you trust that she'll take the necessary steps to protect herself?

Again, I don't care for the vaccine. All I'm saying is, you have to come out of your comfort zone when it comes to your children & sex.

Sure you can. No medical procedure or drug is without it's risks and side effects.

But that says nothing. We're not living in ancient times where the only medical cure for most everything was draining most of the blood out of the patient.

Your "opinion" is along the same lines as your basic "Christian Scientist" who scoffs at modern medicine while their children die a slow and painful death, with medical help within arms reach if they only would open their minds and reach out for it.

Your opinion also.

There are 100s of different strains of HPV. Ever had a wart on your finger? You've probably had HPV. Gardasil protects you from the strains that cause 70% of cases of cervical cancer and 90% of those that cause genital warts.

That is very significant.

I am waiting for the day when males are given all of the first generation vaccines and every type of weird hormonal modification to prevent pregnancy.

I can still tell people this is not a "risk free" issue. It is more bash the person who does not agree with the majority.

and your medical degree and/or your PhD degree are from where......??

are there risks with vaccines? yes! are there risks with leaving your house and crossing the street? yes! what i can tell you is that vaccines have saved more lives and helped stop more suffering than anything else in the history of the world. I state this not as opinion but as a scientific FACT.

"Long-term studies evaluating duration of efficacy after vaccination are needed for both vaccines."

there is where i have no faith. link removed

what can a vaccine really claim when at the time of its introduction to the general population there was no real understanding of efficacy??

How can you put all that faith in something that isnt understood?

Archived