Gardasil

EQD

and your medical degree and/or your PhD degree are from where......??

are there risks with vaccines? yes! are there risks with leaving your house and crossing the street? yes! what i can tell you is that vaccines have saved more lives and helped stop more suffering than anything else in the history of the world. I state this not as opinion but as a scientific FACT.

I need a medical degree to understand things? really? that is new to me. Last time I checked I was a reasonably intelligent person with more than enough brains to understand anything I need to know and dont need to know.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't see a gynecologist until I was 21 because my mother had the same mentality as you.

I should have had annual checkups starting at the age of 19 (when I became sexually active). Instead, I waited 3 years, & little did I know, I had an HPV the whole time.

If my mother had believed that JUST MAYBE I may be sexually active, and JUST MAYBE might not be mature enough, smart enough, or have the necessary knowledge to protect myself, then I could have avoided that scare.

When do you plan on having your daughter see a gynecologist? When she becomes sexually active? How will you know when that is? How can you trust that she'll take the necessary steps to protect herself?

Again, I don't care for the vaccine. All I'm saying is, you have to come out of your comfort zone when it comes to your children & sex.

Please don't confuse me with a mother who has her head in the sand. My daughter will see a gyn sometime within the first 6-9 months she begins menstruating. I went first when I was 16 because I was sexually active and asked my mother to take me.

Please don't confuse me with a mother who has her head in the sand. My daughter will see a gyn sometime within the first 6-9 months she begins menstruating. I went first when I was 16 because I was sexually active and asked my mother to take me.

I'm not judging you by any means. I'm just saying, you shouldn't leave those decisions up to her.

I wish my mother pushed me to finish my vaccinations, rather than leaving it up to me to do.

I don't know what I would have done if I ended up with cervical cancer.

"Long-term studies evaluating duration of efficacy after vaccination are needed for both vaccines."

there is where i have no faith. link removed

what can a vaccine really claim when at the time of its introduction to the general population there was no real understanding of efficacy??

How can you put all that faith in something that isnt understood?

I do think that there will be more data in the next 5-10 years, even longer about protection, and they'll likely come up with a vaccine that covers more strains of the HPV virus.

For technical reasons, it's difficult to immunize against more than a few strains at a time.

I trust that the manufacturers of the vaccines have gone through the trials and that I, as a normal and healthy 20 something woman, would tolerate the vaccine well, and I did. I also knew that I did not already have HPV, so I knew that getting the vaccine would help reduce the risk of me getting it in the future (or at least, some strains of it).

there are a lot of things that we don't understand but we still know exist! you don't need to understand the laws of physics to know that gravity and light exist.

I'm not judging you by any means. I'm just saying, you shouldn't leave those decisions up to her.

I wish my mother pushed me to finish my vaccinations, rather than leaving it up to me to do.

I don't know what I would have done if I ended up with cervical cancer.

I'm not sure people are understanding, my daughter is years away from menstruation! Why would she need the vaccine now? Why are doctors pushing this on girls barely entering puberty? What is their justification?

and your medical degree and/or your PhD degree are from where......??

are there risks with vaccines? yes! are there risks with leaving your house and crossing the street? yes! what i can tell you is that vaccines have saved more lives and helped stop more suffering than anything else in the history of the world. I state this not as opinion but as a scientific FACT.

As someone who was sexually abused by a doctor, I couldn't care less about 'degrees'.

I think it is incredibly rude of you to pretend her opinion be invalidated because she doesn't have a degree in medicine.

Anyway, regarding Gardasil, I remember clearly how 'pushing of the vaccine' has progressed. And just like you mentioned in one of the previous posts annie24, they are just 'people trying to put a PRODUCT in the MARKET'.

The 3 vaccines cover only a minor portion of the many HPV strains. I know they have been successful in making these vaccines mandatory in many states...it's just sad.

I need a medical degree to understand things? really? that is new to me. Last time I checked I was a reasonably intelligent person with more than enough brains to understand anything I need to know and dont need to know.

well, you are speaking of vaccines as containing 'poisons' and stating your opinions on vaccines, and I am countering with scientific knowledge and facts.

I am waiting for the day when males are given all of the first generation vaccines and every type of weird hormonal modification to prevent pregnancy.

Merck is trying to get the vaccine passed to be used on boys because they can get HPV too. I suspect this will be within the next year or two.

I totally agree with you on the hormonal BC though. We wouldn't want men messing with their hormones now, would we?

Not getting universally vaccinated out of fear of risks is like saying: "I won't put a seat belt on my child because she might get bruised accross her chest from it if we stop hard."

Never mind going through the windshield and being killed, type thing.

That's the logic I see in those arguments.

the difference there is the seatbelt has been proven to save lives. its been tested over and over and over, and over again. its been around for a few generations at least and people are aware at what it is they exactly do.

unlike a mystery vaccine that says it 'protects' women who i'm really not sure they know if they were even exposed.

Merck is trying to get the vaccine passed to be used on boys because they can get HPV too. I suspect this will be within the next year or two.

I totally agree with you on the hormonal BC though. We wouldn't want men messing with their hormones now, would we?

Of course not, it could not only affect their desire, their health, and their performance, and their long term fertility, but it could mess with their pleasure as well!

well, you are speaking of vaccines as containing 'poisons' and stating your opinions on vaccines, and I am countering with scientific knowledge and facts.

Then you tell me some vaccines do not contain metals or bovine and chicken and human fetus material. All very repugnant to me. Metals( and I mean crap like mercury) no matter how miniscule do not belong in the human body.

I do think that there will be more data in the next 5-10 years, even longer about protection, and they'll likely come up with a vaccine that covers more strains of the HPV virus.

For technical reasons, it's difficult to immunize against more than a few strains at a time.

I trust that the manufacturers of the vaccines have gone through the trials and that I, as a normal and healthy 20 something woman, would tolerate the vaccine well, and I did. I also knew that I did not already have HPV, so I knew that getting the vaccine would help reduce the risk of me getting it in the future (or at least, some strains of it).

there are a lot of things that we don't understand but we still know exist! you don't need to understand the laws of physics to know that gravity and light exist.

gravity and light isnt the same as an experimental vaccine that may or may not work.

like you said we will know more in 5-10 years.

This is like anything else i suppose, in that this is all just one big experiment. but i refuse to be a test subject for gardasil.

Perhaps if i was born 10 years from now, and it was proven.. but not now.

Because there is just as much of a chance that its more harmful than good, and that it doesnt work worth a damn. As it is to actually be a miracle vaccine.

I'm not sure people are understanding, my daughter is years away from menstruation! Why would she need the vaccine now? Why are doctors pushing this on girls barely entering puberty? What is their justification?

I completely disagree with you. Please remember that doctors and medical researchers are parents too, with children and family members, and they are people who care about the well being of others. I'm a PhD candidate in microbiology, I can tell you all the people I work with are very concerned about human health and putting a safe product on the market. Everything has been thouroughly tested, there are millions of papers on reasearch and saftey and effectiveness out there that are publicly available.

the difference there is the seatbelt has been proven to save lives. its been tested over and over and over, and over again. its been around for a few generations at least and people are aware at what it is they exactly do.

unlike a mystery vaccine that says it 'protects' women who i'm really not sure they know if they were even exposed.

That's why I put universal vaccinations and a child as an example but it probably didn't translate perfectly. I mostly mean grade school vaccines that have been around and proven for generations like the seat belt, referring to Victoria's point.

Gardasil, as it is new, could be proven ineffective years from now but most other vaccines have been proven a life saver.

Because the immune system must be activated before her body is threatened with the virus. It also provides higher antibody levels, the earlier you get the vaccine.

Then you tell me some vaccines do not contain metals or bovine and chicken and human fetus material. All very repugnant to me. Metals( and I mean crap like mercury) no matter how miniscule do not belong in the human body.

I can tell you that there are many enzymes of the human body require trace amounts of many metals to properly function.

Whats really going to be sad.... and this is a totally possible outcome by the way...

is going to be if these young girls grow up and get cancer anyway. Or that this vaccine causes a leathal condition to form several years after the injections are given.

Thats not a gamble i'm willing to take. Some people are more brave or more foolish than i though.

Yes, I understand, but not injected by vaccines they don't. Proper nutrition works well enough for what the body needs in that regard.

According to you the body can take care of itself.

So then maybe we should close down all the hospitals and pharmacies and doctors offices?

They're all in it for the money anyway.

I can tell you that there are many enzymes of the human body require trace amounts of many metals to properly function.

Again, reasserting the point that in order to have a valid opinion about vaccinations and the human body, you need to be thoroughly educated about both, not just fed fear mongering.

To say all vaccinations are bad and completely railroad over the good they have done is ignorant.

Archived