Gardasil

EQD

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so you're saying people should stop going to the doctor and go back to living 35 years like our ancestors did and die in childbirth?

nay. people should do whatever they want. i just stated what bothered me.

not preaching a lifestyle or promoting a different one.

Why are some people taking all this as a personal threat?

Some people believe in vaccinations (myself included). It's a choice that protects me and those around me. It has a small risk I accept as I believe the alternative risks are higher based on personal research and opinions of the medical community (not all but some. Obviously the medical community has a huge varying opinion on all medical topics)

Those who do not need to accept the fact that they present a liability to others they are in contact with who are either too young to be vaccinated or pregnant, and to themselves. That's their choice, and those who do agree with vaccinations have the right to express their disagreement as they and their families are at a greater risk due to these people. Just as those who do not accept vaccination have the right to express their disagreement with it.

Last I looked this wasn't a debate forum though. So Gardisil? I'd get it (if not for cost issues) because the medical benefits seem to be worth it. I'd rather wait until providing it to a (future) child but I understand the early push for it as kids are not always honest about sexual activity. It would be my responsibilty as a parent to foster an environment that the child would come to me before hand and I would know that they are ready and needing the vaccine. So yeah, they push it early cause parents aren't doing this consistantly. The medical community is not stupid: They want to protect before damage is done. It's not all a money grab on this one.

Cancer aside, the main reason I decided to get the vaccine in the first place was because it protects against genital warts. Something like 8% of the US population has been diagnosed with them & I'm sure many others have gone undiagnosed. If you've ever googled pictures of genital warts, you can see why I wouldn't want them.

Archived