Qut81

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not in this day and age bc there are so many more biracial children than when I was growing up. I felt like an outcast and I wouldnt wish my experiences on anyone. That "outcast" feeling stayed with me into my adult years. I also feel biracial children who are raised with both parents are much more secure in their makeup.

Yeah, but I would of thought people would of gotten over mixed race relationships too, but that does'nt seem to be the case.

I know latins are latins, lol, but I mean, asians are asians, but I'd say they are white? Indians are Indians, but I would say most are black? I think some Latins are black and some are white. I mean, there are A LOT of latin people I know that are latin, but are 100% black.

in america, black is short for african american. it's not their skin tone but their heritage. so latina would be latin american/brazilian/wherever, just as hispanic is spanish, mexican is from mexico. it's heritage, not skin color, per se.

I know latins are latins, lol, but I mean, asians are asians, but I'd say they are white? Indians are Indians, but I would say most are black? I think some Latins are black and some are white. I mean, there are A LOT of latin people I know that are latin, but are 100% black.

lol I wasn't trying to make you sound silly. See, I wouldn't say Asians are white. Some Asians have dark skin but I wouldn't consider them black.

I will admit it's confusing sometimes, though. Maybe it's just a different in skin tones, no races.

I though Latins were mexicans, spanish, brazilians, everyone from the latin speaking countries... I don't think people from mexico or mexicans and not latin... I think they are latin as well?

i have a mexican friend who doesn't like to be called latina b/c she's mexican and she feels there's a difference. i don't know if it's a personal choice what a person decides they're called.

don't put all of you confidence in someone. especially one person. realize not everyone is going to be attracted to you physically or mentally. once your content with that, rejection doesn't matter. not that he rejected you; but usually, guys are friends with girls they don't want anything more with. i'm sure he thinks you are a great catch, but you just aren't for him. that's how i am with my female friends.

don't put all of you confidence in someone. especially one person. realize not everyone is going to be attracted to you physically or mentally. once your content with that, rejection doesn't matter. not that he rejected you; but usually, guys are friends with girls they don't want anything more with. i'm sure he thinks you are a great catch, but you just aren't for him. that's how i am with my female friends.

He did'nt say he did'nt find her attractive.

again, you have to stop comparing yourself to people and putting yourself on a timeline. if you settle for any guy who comes along just b/c you want to get married, then you'll end up unhappy b/c you settled. you need to work on your self-hate like someone else said and start to see yourself as loveable and loving. no one else can give you love until you love yourself.

Actually, he is in love with me. He even told me the other day he has wanted me for years and learned to control it. He thinks I am extremely attractive and the whole conversation came about bc he says she isnt more attractive than me but shes white and cute. Ghost, did you read my original post? lol

I didnt want to be with him and wanted to just be friends. Thats a whole nother topic for another day. lol

Well Qut, you look amazing. You're seriously beautiful. I think it has more to do with the attitude that you're projecting. If you're shy/quiet, most guys will automatically mark you as being "snotty" or stuck up, etc. A mistake a lot of guys make. You also mentioned that your friend dances a bit provocative. That does make it a little easier to approach her and in my mind I would probably think things would go smoother with her. But not because she's "white and cute." Not at all.

You've gotta work on your confidence, cause someone is always going to go along with that stigma out of ignorance. Don't let other people's ignorance bring you down or be absolute.

Being a black women is not that hard. I've had friends, boyfriends, admirers, gotten into the schools I've wanted to, scholarships, always have a job, I can sit where I want on the bus. Please work on your self-hate issues.

I dont agree with the schools etc but I am not talking about professionally or academically but romantically.

Even if Qut does have self esteem issues its stemming from alot of negative feedback she's been getting and obviously she had a rough childhood regarding her identity.

When we hear things alot, no matter how false they are, we do start to doubt ourselves.

Qut, trust us, you are beautiful and you just have to wipe your slate clean and forget what those people have told you, you are what you are and you are perfect, let yourself know that. You will meet the right one eventually.

Even if Qut does have self esteem issues its stemming from alot of negative feedback she's been getting and obviously she had a rough childhood regarding her identity.

When we hear things alot, no matter how false they are, we do start to doubt ourselves.

Qut, trust us, you are beautiful and you just have to wipe your slate clean and forget what those people have told you, you are what you are and you are perfect, let yourself know that. You will meet the right one eventually.

Exactly. Theres only so many pep talks you can give yourself. Its like someone in an mentally abusive relationship. If someone calls you dumb over and over and over....eventually you are going to believe you are dumb.

I think that people who are biracial (specifically half black and half white) have a very very hard time fitting in to either group. Hopefully that changes with time.

But, I also believe that biracial people tend to be the prettiest due to their caramel skin colour and unique features.

Don't give up hope. Perhaps it's just the type of guys you are hanging out with. I guarantee that there is a large group of men who are attracted to you. You are very pretty and you shouldn't think otherwise.

I was referring to this: "I dont want to run the risk of having a black little girl. I dont want their life to be screwed up just bc of their skin color."

Being non African-American does not guarantee a perfect life.

Oh heck no, no way does it.

Ah I see,

EDIT: not a good question me thinks, don't want the thread deleted.

I was referring to this: "I dont want to run the risk of having a black little girl. I dont want their life to be screwed up just bc of their skin color."

Being non African-American does not guarantee a perfect life.

I agree with this. And actually found that portion of your post revolting as an African American woman myself.

I've noticed you mention this whole "race" issue in your posts before but never wanted to comment, bc its thoughts like this from "biracial" folks that send me over the edge...

I agree with your mentality, for your own sake, and potential children you may have, do yourself and them a favor and stick with dating non-African American men.

Wow.

Archived