• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well off course you have to always save money on the bank, which is what I do. It's important to have back up money in case your company goes down or you get fired, that I agree.

However what I don't agree is what many poor who find a rich or wealthy middle class do, they basically rely on them as their provider.

Really? Who are these "many poor?" Can you back up your generalization? If the so-called "poor" person stays in the home raising children, why is that an issue? Or if the "rich" person is in love with his or her partner and is happy with the arrangement of being the main or only breadwinner, why is that a problem if the couple is happy with that arrangement?

What I meant about savings was that you can't classify a house cleaner as "poor" unless you know more about his assets and sources of income other than salary.

In this economy? Ha! Many people are lucky if they can get ANY kind of job. Remember, CD, we're not all as lucky as you to have 3 job offers in one week.

Anyone who is 32 and only can get a job at subway is a LOSER. Sorry.

Customer Service is a lot better than Subway when you are 32. Even Telemarketing

You're implying that any low-middle class person who marries an upper class person is doing so in order to gain access to their money. I do not accept that generalization and I think it's a very narrow-minded one to make.

Not that I'm implying all poor that magically find their luck with the upper or middle class wealthy individual are using them (gold digger) that it makes a bad impression on that wealthy one. Think of it when it comes to income, expenses, independence, etc. There would be a huge gap.

Anyone who is 32 and only can get a job at subway is a LOSER. Sorry.

Customer Service is a lot better than Subway when you are 32. Even Telemarketing

Very true. They improved and look for better postions or least not meagers low paying ones than staying on the same thing forever.

Very true. They improved and look for better postions or least not meagers low paying ones than staying on the same thing forever.

I was always wondering why this girl who is 32 who works at the subway next to me has never tried to get another job since 2002. She has been there 7 years and I found out it's because she has a FELONY-lol

I was like-"OH IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW"

So dating becomes like buying a house... Please bring a statement of your income and assets, a document from your college with listing of obtained achievements, and a note from your work to state how long you have been employed and any opportunities available to you in the future...

"Yes, yes, they are all in order. Congratulations, I think we can date!"

Really? Who are these "many poor?" Can you back up your generalization?
I did not generalized since I never say all poor and only say many. That implies that yes there can be few exceptions to the rules, yes rules can be broken, yes it happens but not so often.

If the so-called "poor" person stays in the home raising children, why is that an issue? Or if the "rich" person is in love with his or her partner and is happy with the arrangement of being the main or only breadwinner, why is that a problem if the couple is happy with that arrangement?

Yes that would be an issue as there hasn't been an improvement.

What I meant about savings was that you can't classify a house cleaner as "poor" unless you know more about his assets and sources of income other than salary.

Well one exception I can make would be if the house cleaner were to save enough money to work on a better postion and all of the sudden raise then yes that's an exception. However if she's stays a house cleaner forever means there hasn't been an improvement thus she shouldn't magically settle for prince charming like in Cinderella.

So dating becomes like buying a house... Please bring a statement of your income and assets, a document from your college with listing of obtained achievements, and a note from your work to state how long you have been employed and any opportunities available to you in the future...

"Yes, yes, they are all in order. Congratulations, I think we can date!"

Come on you know what means, a successful women wouldn't want to date a guy working in Burger King and a Successful man wouldn't want to date a woman on welfare-lol

I was always wondering why this girl who is 32 who works at the subway next to me has never tried to get another job since 2002. She has been there 7 years and I found out it's because she has a FELONY

A typical loser that does not want to improve. It's about improvement.

There's is a difference between having motivation and rising and being a loser. If the poor works hard, save a huge amount of money to find either a good paying position of a professional carreer for their future then bingo. You're rose on your own instead of marrying the prince (or princess) charming you find.

This isn't always the case but keep in mind that just because you have a nice job title doesn't mean you have any money [ debts, poor spending habits etc. ].

I work as a barista and I have paid off all my debts. I have several thousand dollars to spend or save at my leisure and that's not including my personal life savings account.

I've also had several raises in the past year and I make more than the tellers at the bank working down the street.

Oh, also, just so we're all clear that some of us losers working behind the cash machine do actually have passions, dreams and potential...I own two freelance businesses doing graphic design and hair design. I also do freelance fashion design for a clothing company here in town as well as web design for another company here in town.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who come into the cafe I work in and think I have no direction, no future and no money. I work there because it's a stable, steady job [ as opposed to my freelance/contract jobs ] and I take care of my roommate who is sick and can't work.

If someone passes me over because they can't be bothered to get to know me and my passions based only on the fact that they think I'm a failure, then that's their loss, not mine.

I guess at the end of the day, you're going to date who you're going to date but personally, I think there are more important things than money and job status.

I hope you don't pass up the opportunity to meet someone great if he hasn't got a fat wallet to match his personality and ability to be a great companion.

Your money doesn't care about you, you know.

No my brother (who's only 7 now) will not marry a house cleaner nor servant when he grows up one day. And if my parents don't say anything then I will make them break up for sure. I know it's mean but hey I would want the best for him. Only he would never find out it was me breaking them up.

What gives you the right to break anyone up, just because you dissaprove of their choice in a relationship?? If he fell in love with a girl (below YOUR standard) and wanted to marry her, then you have no right to intefere. It's HIS choice and HIS life and HIS business.

However what I don't agree is what many poor who find a rich or wealthy middle class do, they basically rely on them as their provider.

You seem to assume that rich people are stupid.

I can assure you they are not and most rich people do actually know what they are doing.

I hope you don't pass up the opportunity to meet someone great if he hasn't got a fat wallet to match his personality and ability to be a great companion.

Actually I am in a long distance relationship and he has two decent jobs plus he's on my his of studying a major.

So see you can have someone who's economically stable a great person. You can have money and love.

Don't get wrong I would want love too. I wouldn't marry someone I don't love but at the same time I wouldn't marry a lower class that keeps doesn't at least move on to a better position.

I am with you on growth. I wouldn't want to date anyone who didn't want to grow or had no interest in it.

But growth to me has nothing to do with wealth. Improving yourself doesn't necessarily mean improving your bank account.

Rich people can be in dead end jobs and not be reaching for better things. Money is not the soul indicator of worth.

Actually I am in a long distance relationship and he has two decent jobs plus he's on my his of studying a major.

So see you can have someone who's economically stable a great person. You can have money and love.

Don't get wrong I would want love too. I wouldn't marry someone I don't love but at the same time I wouldn't marry a lower class that keeps doesn't at least move on to a better position.

Of course you can fall in love with someone who has money.

Do you think it's an attraction to the money itself that you have or do you just associate money with passion, drive, stability etc. ? Because that would make sense.

What gives you the right to break anyone up, just because you dissaprove of their choice in a relationship?? If he fell in love with a girl (below YOUR standard) and wanted to marry her, then you have no right to intefere. It's HIS choice and HIS life and HIS business.

I know it sounds mean and that's somewhat similar to what my mother along with friend and other people try persuading me on ending my relationship (that was already 2 yrs ago but I still have it fresh on my mind like it happened yesterday). Though my case was not economic status, it was some other nonsense stupid excuse.

However in my brother's case it would be different. It wouldn't be as bad as mine (which was for no apparant reason at all). In his case there will be a valid reason. Then again if none of the previous plans work and everything backfires in the end then yes I will have to just sadly accept it.

Do you think it's an attraction to the money itself that you have or do you just associate money with passion, drive, stability etc. ? Because that would make sense.

If it was only as an attractive, as a decoration (a simple paper)that serve nothing then money would be useless.

That's not the case as money is not just a simple green paper. It serves for stability and a better future if you know how to use it right that is, and not waste it on unimportant stuff. Money serves as transportation too, like if you wanna visit some place.

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite

Pronunciation: \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai

Date: 13th century

1 : yeawutever

Why is that so?

Archived